RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• A build 20161209 is working fine. And a link is in a few posts back. If it would not work, give me a shout, and will re upload it.

That would be awesome if you could re upload it for me, that link is dead a few pages back...

Thanks again in advance all!!!

Edited once, last by mgkasper6 (January 3, 2017 at 12:35 AM).

• 20170102:

Code
    - Rebased on latest LE8 master (most significant change is Kodi 17 RC2)
    - Compiled with -Os instead of -O2 (fixes the youtube issue)
    - Version bumps for the following packages: mesa, vulkan-loader, retroarch, mgba-libretro, fbalpha-libretro, residualvm, btrfs-progs
    - New driver RTL8723BS (common wireless/bluetooth combo in cherry trail devices)
    - Added patch for ACPI bug in some cherry trail devices causing wireless to not work unless LPSS is set to PCI in the bios

Atom optimized build with drm-next currently building. I'll probably do an RPi build as well if someone wants to test.

• 20170102:

Code
    - Version bumps for the following packages: mesa, vulkan-loader, retroarch, mgba-libretro, fbalpha-libretro, residualvm, btrfs-progs
    - New driver RTL8723BS (common wireless/bluetooth combo in cherry trail devices)
    - Added patch for ACPI bug in some cherry trail devices causing wireless to not work unless LPSS is set to PCI in the bios

Atom optimized build with drm-next currently building. I'll probably do an RPi build as well if someone wants to test.

I'll test the RPi2 build. I did however build it this morning with your latest commits on github. I still had a kernel panic.

• 20170102:

Code

Now I only see generic build 20170102, does this mean it already includes Atom build in this generic build too?

Edited: just see Atom build.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by pawnthep (January 3, 2017 at 6:07 AM).

• In about 6 hours time. If anyone testing it has a serial port connection, it would be helpful with the complete kernel log if it should fail. Also the contents of /boot/cmdline.txt.

EDIT: RPi2 build is uploaded, 6 hours as predicted ;)

Edited once, last by escalade (January 3, 2017 at 2:17 PM).

• Hello guys, in the new build of this new year, so far everything is fine, the only thing I have found is that when leaving RetroArch the screen goes black. I restarted the laptop and re-tested and more of the same. Someone could please confirm if this also happens, to start checking logs and other files, if that happens to me. Thanks. Happy year to all ^ _ ^

• On my system, I could not determine this error. Emulationstation is terminated by Exit-button and I then come back to Kodi.Games are terminated with controllers and afterwards you land in Emulationstation
    (System: Zotac ZBox Nano ID62)

Edited once, last by Blackhazard (January 4, 2017 at 6:28 AM).

• escalade: Is there a chance for us, steam controller users, you'll add native support for it? I've seen few solutions for this pad, but some of them requires drivers installation or some kind of python modules installation.

• A few questions concern me just now: Which systems are supported by Emulationstation in your version and which settings have to be carried out especially for ScummVM (if supported)?

If you change into a game in Retroarch, there is a mistake in the menu of Retroarch with some systems or games. Transparent and bad to see. What can be the cause?

Is it possible to update the systems for emulation station and retroarch without compiling or having to wait of your updates?

Edited once, last by Blackhazard (January 4, 2017 at 9:32 AM).

• RShT

Probably not, as I don't have one myself and no knowledge of it's workings.

Did you try the new RPi build, is it still panicking?

Blackhazard

Take a look at /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to see what platforms are configured for Emulationstation. There are some missing systems, ScummVM, ResidualVM and Dosbox. This is due to the nature of these emulators as you can't simply point them to a ROM file. I've been meaning to add a menu that launches each of these, but haven't had the time to investigate user friendly ways of doing this yet.

I didn't understand your transparency issue, perhaps you could be more detailed and/or provide a screenshot.

You may update the RetroArch cores through the core downloader in the menu. Keep in mind that in doing so, the cores you download will override the ones I ship in the updated images. The buildbot cores from Lakka may have issues because of the different toolchain used as well. As for other systems, the only way to update them are through upgrading to a new image. This is the nature of LibreELEC as a read-only squashfs.

Edited once, last by escalade (January 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM).

• In about 6 hours time. If anyone testing it has a serial port connection, it would be helpful with the complete kernel log if it should fail. Also the contents of /boot/cmdline.txt.

EDIT: RPi2 build is uploaded, 6 hours as predicted ;)

20170103 RPi2 build still has a kernel panic. Is the kernel log stored somewhere on the sd card? I can pull the card and read the contents (and post the results), if so. At the same time, I'll post the contents of my /boot/cmdline.txt