RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Downgrade to 20161209 works. Clean install of 20161220 gives a kernel panic. I`ve checked it on numerous sd cards.

PS. I keep your old builds for RPi. Oldest: 20121126.

Edited once, last by RShT (December 22, 2016 at 7:11 PM).

• No solution, as I don't know what's causing it. There's a rebuild coming in some hours you might want to try that. I don't keep older builds around.

I was trying to clone your tree and make own build @ an Ubuntu 16.x VMWare Fusion vanilla machine but given compilation errors both for emu and master branches. No time to "debug" errors as I didn't have so much time. Hope to see Escalade compilation soon to test, if not I will try to build one myself at night!

Cheers!

• I was trying to clone your tree and make own build @ an Ubuntu 16.x VMWare Fusion vanilla machine but given compilation errors both for emu and master branches. No time to "debug" errors as I didn't have so much time. Hope to see Escalade compilation soon to test, if not I will try to build one myself at night!

Cheers!

Likely htop and nmon-system packages. I cannot seem to figure out why these packages won't compile on my Ubuntu VM but escalade can compile on arch. My only solution so far is to remove those from OEM depends.

• It will occupy a bit more RAM but that probably won't affect emulator performance. It didn't use to at least, but I actually sold off my RPi so please test.

I gues this doesnt taint the admiration i have for the work u have done, but i liked YOU more with a Pi.

So... do you intend to have one still, or are you sort of abandoning it or hoping someone else would tag along?

• No, I sold it off because I think it's dog slow compared to Intel boxes at the same price point. I probably won't get anything with an ARM cpu again. Good thing that I don't require you to like me then ;)

EDIT: All builds are done and uploaded. Merry christmas!

xel_arjona

Kinda hard to help you without the error output.

Edited once, last by escalade (December 23, 2016 at 8:29 AM).

• You might not require it, but get it nontheless... Pi is for MORE. :D

I probably won't get anything with ARM again either, and for what i use it for it's fully used. BUT, what Intel box is a good (cheap) bargain for you? (casefree is a bonus)

THANK YOU for the builds (When i fix an intelBook, my cousin gets it with controllers and all)

• No Pi is for suck. Really, it was never designed as a HTPC. It's a hobby board for enthusiasts. Sure it can play videos fine, but it can't even render the Kodi GUI without lag.

The Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus is promising, I've been setting one up as a christmas gift. It's a cherry trail device so the Linux support is not 100% mature, but at this point it's working very well. It's got an Intel 3160 BT/wifi module that supports 802.11ac and doesn't completely suck like the RPi's. You can order it with free shipping at $100 but I heard it's often discounted to $80. Which is around what you'd pay for an RPi3 with casing, SD card and PSU.

• No Pi is for suck. Really, it was never designed as a HTPC. It's a hobby board for enthusiasts. Sure it can play videos fine, but it can't even render the Kodi GUI without lag.

The Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus is promising, I've been setting one up as a christmas gift. It's a cherry trail device so the Linux support is not 100% mature, but at this point it's working very well. It's got an Intel 3160 BT/wifi module that supports 802.11ac and doesn't completely suck like the RPi's. You can order it with free shipping at $100 but I heard it's often discounted to $80. Which is around what you'd pay for an RPi3 with casing, SD card and PSU.

Dangit! Now you've gone and put another idea in my head. Like I really need to buy more gadgets...
    [hr]

No, I sold it off because I think it's dog slow compared to Intel boxes at the same price point. I probably won't get anything with an ARM cpu again. Good thing that I don't require you to like me then ;)

Looks like the Pi version is still getting a kernel panic. :(

Edited once, last by jaykass (December 23, 2016 at 5:09 PM).

• Dangit! Now you've gone and put another idea in my head. Like I really need to buy more gadgets...
    [hr]

Looks like the Pi version is still getting a kernel panic. :(

Yup! Still a Kernel Panic at

Code
    kernel/workqueue.c:855 wq_worker_waking_up+0x80/0x80

Still not digging at google, but could be recent gcc upgrade made by escalade. I read 4.10 kernel have lot's of fixes for crappyARM, maybe BCM2835 fixes for new compiler!

Let's see...

Cheers!

• No, I sold it off because I think it's dog slow compared to Intel boxes at the same price point. I probably won't get anything with an ARM cpu again. Good thing that I don't require you to like me then ;)

xel_arjona

Kinda hard to help you without the error output.

Ok, here I am reBuilding emu branch for your tree... this is the given error, aparently a the toolchain building process:

Readline is apparently not found (downloaded), even after a make clean & make image....

• xel_arjona

You didn't include the full output, so I don't even know what package is building. The library is in your toolchain though, libreadline is provided by netbsd-curses and used by several packages. What distribution are you using? I'm building on Arch.

As for the Pi issues, I guess it could be gcc as it's the only relevant change. I wouldn't think it could cause such problems but can't exclude it either. I'll do a rebuild with 6.2.

• xel_arjona

You didn't include the full output, so I don't even know what package is building. The library is in your toolchain though, libreadline is provided by netbsd-curses and used by several packages. What distribution are you using? I'm building on Arch.

As for the Pi issues, I guess it could be gcc as it's the only relevant change. I wouldn't think it could cause such problems but can't exclude it either. I'll do a rebuild with 6.2.

Yes, I figured out it could be gcc building toolchain the problem too... Im building with an ubuntu 17.x vanilla VM. Maybe layter try to rebuild things again with 6.2.

Thanks for your help escalade!

Cheers!