RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hello,

today i installed latest version. Only reason was the retoplayer integration in kodi.

I tested on my zbox id17 dual core 1,1 GHZ.

Test with SNES Emulator was succesfully.
    Test with Amiga and PSX unsuccesfully.

Amiga Games with the UAE wont work. Emustation find the game and begin to load then on every game after a few seconds nothing.
    Same on PSX. Load and then black window.

I tested then on my Laptop with an WinUAE Emulator and there it works. Same with the PSX Games.

Now i am back on my old system with the loffical atest libreelec build with skin Aeon Nox.

Hope u can help escalade because i like ur work to integrate retroplayer in kodi.
    Another thing is will be great to intgrate in other skins like Aeon Nox.

• You have not provided any logs so it's impossible for me to say what went wrong. Did you put the kickstarts in /storage/roms/bios? Amiga requires kick13.rom and kick31.rom.

• New build 20160918 uploading. Rebased on latest LE8 master and version bumps for a lot of packages (see github for changelog). It has a fix related to GPT partitioned disks, so perhaps worth a shot for those who had trouble installing.

EDIT: Uploaded 20160918-2 which has the new Kodi 17 beta2.

Awesome. Thanks!

It looks like the skinning issues are back for the LibreElec Settings addon.

• Hey escalade,

now installed ur latest version.
    Put the roms i have in bios.

Start an game an he says failed to open kick3.rom???

On the WinUAE it works on windows.

Where can i find the log to post?

• Hello Friend. It's great to share the work that we, in advance thank you very much.

Could you please help me? It turns out I've tried all versions and all gaming peripherals worked well. I tried a x360 controller with usb receiver, and it worked perfect. But due to battery issue I tried a USB adapter PS2 controller and to my surprise it worked perfectly.

So now with this new version, which carries a "-2" in the name, when connected if detected correctly as "Twin USB Joystick" but I can not detect configure the up and right on the left stick. The same happens to stick right.

I sense that has something to do with death zones, I've never had to set that up until now, and always in my emulators and games I've seen to 0. Now, here in this value LE shown in default 0.20. I say this because it seems that changing the values of dead zones, is working again the arrow up the stick, but others stop working. And it's frustrating how hard to enter and exit the menu without knowing if you're watching changes, or need to reboot to take them, etc.

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. Thanks, greeting.

P.S. Obviously I've had with Windows, and sticks work properly in tests, is more, this joystick is I always use my computer and as I said before upgrading was perfect and now I do not know what has changed for some arrow stick of the joystick does not detect.

• I believe that to be a build issue, I've seen it a few times before. Probably happens when not doing a clean build somehow, although it shouldn't. Rebuild on the way.

It looks like one of the latest commits moves the LibreELEC settings from the home menu to the settings menu... Likely changing skin settings yet again. if you haven't built yet, might be good to include now while making other skin related adjustments.
    [hr]
    I'm getting a lot of crashes with mono (sonarr). Is anyone else seeing anything like this or do I need to start from scratch?

Numerous (like so many its not worth counting) core files dumped in /storage/.cache/cores/

Pi2/3 version

Seems like the fresh start has resolved my crashing/performance issues.

Edited once, last by jaykass (September 20, 2016 at 6:29 AM).

• Thank you for your prompt replies friend. You are great.
    I'll try to update with this new version you are up and to see such.

I would not want to have to start from 0 with all the settings, it would be very heavy.

Greetings and thanks again.

EDIT:
    In the end I decided on a clean installation and reconnected my xbox360 controller and seems to work, later I will try with USB adapter with PS2 joystick again.

I take this space to comment on something I do not know if there is anyone who can corroborate friends. It happens that when launching a game of N64, pressing the menu button, the game pauses but does not display the GUI RetroArch as for example with SNES. also it occurs with CTRL-R, so it's not a bad setup joysticks. At the end I have left to do is touch RetroArch kill PID process because I find no way out of emulation to return to Kodi. Anyone else happens this or know to be?

For now what I'm trying to do is change the language to EmulationStation I got and change the skin at least, since it is the first time I use LibreElec + RetroArch, I have always used Kodi + WIN or Kodibuntu. The truth is that this version of LE + RA is wonderful. It feels good and smooth.

Well, taking up the matter, many thank you very much, and to see if there is any way out of the N64 emulation without necessarily having to reboot. Greetings friends.

• Hi escalade,
    - did you included fsua and ppsspp cores in your build for Pi2? I see the packages but I didn't find the cores... also I tried to compile from your build just these two cores but they fail...
    - with the latest uae4arm version can we emulate the mouse with the gamepad as we can do in libretro-uae4arm? I discovered we can now exit emu with L2+R2 but I can not make the mouse work...

one more time, thanks!

• DaRKeN

I noticed that too, seems to be fixed in the latest RA code from github. 20160921 is building and will be uploaded shortly. Also I've recompiled with -O2 again (20160920 was a regular -Os build) for anyone interested in that tiny performance improvement :)

bite_your_idols

No, they are not included (see packages/oem/package.mk). There is no working PSP core for the RPi. I've packaged and tested the new fsuae-libretro core, and it's a work in progress. Joystick is not working and there's some graphic glitches. Other than that it shows great promise, but for now the standalone FS-UAE is still the best. I don't use the latest uae4arm version either, I had to roll back to a33d65d because of the keyboard not working. Chips doesn't seem too keen on fixing it either, as it apparently works in Raspbian.

Edited once, last by escalade (September 20, 2016 at 11:42 PM).