RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• ricain

Possibly, but I don't have an iptv service myself so you'd need to fill me in on what's needed.

meldrak

If your SMB server accepts user=nobody,password=nopass then you don't need to configure anything, simply access /auto/smb/server as you would a regular directory. If other authentication is needed, see instructions in /storage/.config/autofs/auto.smb (auto.master is in the same place too).

• This is superbb! Thanks for this!

Few questions

1. Can I use this with an Amlogic S905 or 912 box? Will keep the cost low

2. What controller is best recommended ? There are some games that needed up down left right + 6 other discrete function buttons in addition to the start / select. Im not much of a current gen gamer and I played these games mostly at arcades, hence pardon my unfamiliarity with game controllers.

3. How does one figure out which button is which is using a keyboard to navigate these games?

4. If I wanted to create an arcade game type kiosk (which would be so damn COOL!) how do I interface the generic joystick and buttons with the LE box?

5. There are some games that worked best in portrait mode. Is this setting possible?

• 1. No.

2. If I'm not using arcade sticks, then I'm using a Dualshock 4.

3. I couldn't quite understand your question.

4. You mean like this? Depends on the interface you connect them with. I'm using USB encoders, which makes them appear as regular joysticks.

5. Games in portrait mode? Sorry, didn't understand this question either.

• 3. I couldn't quite understand your question.

4. You mean like this? Depends on the interface you connect them with. I'm using USB encoders, which makes them appear as regular joysticks.

5. Games in portrait mode? Sorry, didn't understand this question either.

3. I meant that until I get myself a game controller I'm using a regular pc keyboard to play these games but I aint got a clue which key is what button in the various menu pages and during gameplay. Also, I dont even know how to 'shutdown' the box.

4. Yes, I meant exactly that. Thanks.

5. Please see the game screenshot attached below. It would be best played with a screen oriented vertically. Is it possible to rotate the image to do that, thats what I meant.

• The rpi version in the root of your downloads folder is 0 bytes.

There is another in the kodi folder. Whats the difference? Used that to boot a RPi 3 and its stuck on the kodi splash screen.

• extremeaudio

Looks like my storage ran out when uploading. As for your problem, hard to say without a log. I've uploaded some newly built images.

- Updated XU4 kernel to 5.0.21, RPi to 5.2.5 and Generic to 5.3-rc3

- Glibc 2.30 (has new ARM performance optimizations)

- Updated Kodi to latest Leia git

- Pulseaudio 12.99.2

- Mesa 19.1.4

- mupen64plus-next (XU4 version compiled for GLESv3)

- vice-libretro latest git has lots of improvements (also added the preliminary savestate PR)

- RetroArch and some other cores got bumped

- Compiled with GCC 9.2

• Thanks for sharing new images.

I tried the Kodi image (RetroELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel-20190808003418-818ab9e.img.gz) on my RPi3b.

It boots into an empty Kodi screen (just a background image).

dmesg shows a crash.

The attached logs are from all USB-devices disconnected, just HDMI and Ethernet connected.

log-2019-08-17-13.12.23.zip

Also tried the non-Kodi image (RetroELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel-20190807233002-818ab9e.img.gz), and that looks to boot fine.

From this thread I tried the 'LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-Milhouse-20190415220250-#0415-gbcf6a8e.tar' build, which also boots fine into Kodi.

Edit (2019-08-18):

Found the latest Kodi image (RetroELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel-20190815154218-7e7bd3c.img.gz), and have the same issue.

Edited once, last by RomMon (August 18, 2019 at 11:42 AM).

• cant build your image for rockchip. It always have issue with rtl drivers like rtl8192eu or rtl8192cu.

This happens because of gcc 9.2. with gcc 8.3 there is no problem!! Can you look at this or check this problem?

THX

• RomMon

I've uploaded new images (20190821120933-5786456):

- updated kernel to 5.2.8 (rpi) and 5.3.0-rc4 (generic)

- mupen64plus_next core

- fixed savestates for zipped roms

- compiled fbneo with cyclone support

- emulationstation threaded loading for faster startup and "tronkyfan" default theme

- updated ppsspp standalone and libretro core

- fixed wrong saturn system in es_systems.cfg

- flycast wince branch (generic)

Castilho

On rpi/generic it should be possible. Hard to say what's going on as you have provided zero information.

• That's already answered in the first post. LibreELEC addons are unavailable for the XU4 though, as it's not supported by upstream. I've tried using the H3 repo, but LibreELEC's server's are refusing access with a 403 (I suppose due to user-agent check or something like that).

They can however be built manually.

• Uploaded new images:

Code
    - generic: linux 5.3-rc5
    - generic: added back vulkan support (egl/kms performs overall better on my system, but some may find it useful)
    - mesa 19.2-rc1 (added the iris gallium3d driver)
    - odroidxu3: added kernel support for retroarch's cdrom and midi functionality
    - retroarch now has load/dump disc for ozone (default theme in this image)
    - compile retroarch with lakka functionality (wifi,services,etc), but hide reboot/shutdown by default and patch to show quit instead of restart
    - emulationstation threaded loading support shortens startup time tremendeously with large libraries
    - move cores from /usr/lib/libretro/ to /usr/share/retroarch/cores/ (cosmetical change)
    - puae-libretro has seen some attention lately from github.com/sonninnos and github.com/rsn8887 (same guys that recently did a makeover on vice-libretro), notably proper input controls and improved core options
  • escalade

Thank you for looking into my issue.

With the current latest version (RetroELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1-devel-20190825190342-c79d262.img.gz) I see the same crash in dmesg.

Logs removed

Edited once, last by RomMon: log removed (February 20, 2020 at 11:33 PM).

• New images uploaded:

Code
    - kodi 18.4
    - latest stable kernel 5.2.11 for xu4/rpi2/generic
    - proper pal/50hz switch for amiga and c64 on xu4, needs 720x576@50hz (should work for most screens)
    - flycast is now built from the wince branch
    - activated yabasanshiro dynare
    - added castagnait repo (for netflix addon)