RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I had the same problem with Generic 28 and 30 fresh install on my old atom, Generic 22 works but could not update because of not big enough system size.
    I ran Gparted through ubuntu live cd and resized system partition a little bigger and the update works and no more boot problem.

Same here. Installed from 22, gparted to extend the system partition to 1gb might be overkill but just incase. Then updated from 22 to 30. Thought it couldnt have just been me

Edited once, last by lefty420 (September 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM).

• Hello,

i installed the latest 30 build sucessfully.

Now some Question:

1. My XBOX 360 wireless Controller wont work at Emustation. Any idea?

2. Is it possible to use Aeon Nox as Skin or is it ony possible to use standard skin?

Edited once, last by hackbird (September 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM).

1. My XBOX 360 wireless Controller wont work at Emustation. Any idea?

You'll need to setup the controller in emulationstation. Alternatively, you could delete the es_input.cfg file which will force you to configure a new input device.

2. Is it possible to use Aeon Nox as Skin or is it ony possible to use standard skin?

I believe escalade modified the estuary skin for the shortcuts so changing skins would require setting up the shortcuts for whatever skin you plan to use.

• If you wish to use nox or any other skin with out editing the skin's xml you can use advancelauncher and kodi favorites.
    Create new launchers from within advancelauncher each one pointing to to relevant .sh from /user/bin
    You can make a launcher for each of the emu/app you want to add for example chrome.sh, emulationstation.sh ect ect
    Once you have made a launcher simply add it to kodi favorites and edit the skin accordingly via skin settings.
    I have done this for titan, estuary mod and nox

Edited once, last by lefty420 (September 12, 2016 at 11:29 AM).

• 2016.05.25 the build date. I will try your new builds. I tried original LE 7.01, the pvr (TV) menu in main menu visible when i "enabled" in pvr menu.
    I used your build on nvidia ion system.

I just went through this myself, but fixed it. I installed Confluence skin, tested my tv was working, then reverted back to Estuary. TV now shows in the menu. Either that, or it just needed a reboot. :P

As for the enabling tv in the pvr configuration screen, I'm pretty sure it's the new Kodi itself as I had the same thing with a self compiled desktop version of Kodi 17 (Krypton). I think the feature was removed, and it gets enabled automatically if a device is detected.

I'm running on an rpi2, and finding I need to adjust the deinterlace settings from "auto" to one of the "half" methods or I get stuttering on 1080i stations. 720i is fine, just 1080i stutters. A self compiled Kodi 17 doesn't have that issue. I haven't tried a regular LE 18 to see if it's the same.

Edited once, last by greenbag (September 16, 2016 at 3:46 AM).

• Hello,
    when i change from estuary skin, to another skin
    After that there's no retroarch and emulationstation anymore in the main menü!
    When i switch back to estuary skin, is it there again!
    Is it possible to switch to another skin, without losing retroarch and emulationstation?

• Hello,
    when i change from estuary skin, to another skin
    After that there's no retroarch and emulationstation anymore in the main menü!
    When i switch back to estuary skin, is it there again!
    Is it possible to switch to another skin, without losing retroarch and emulationstation?

please read post #s 295-297 above

• New build 20160918 uploading. Rebased on latest LE8 master and version bumps for a lot of packages (see github for changelog). It has a fix related to GPT partitioned disks, so perhaps worth a shot for those who had trouble installing.

EDIT: Uploaded 20160918-2 which has the new Kodi 17 beta2.

Edited once, last by escalade (September 18, 2016 at 10:46 AM).

• New build 20160918 uploading. Rebased on latest LE8 master and version bumps for a lot of packages (see github for changelog). It has a fix related to GPT partitioned disks, so perhaps worth a shot for those who had trouble installing.

EDIT: Uploaded 20160918-2 which has the new Kodi 17 beta2.

I can't find them in first post's google drive link... didi you changed your builds storage?