RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Thanks for the update! Im still having isuues using the .tar keeps saying my system isnt big enough, but I've only uses your builds. I have to create an usb image and boot from that to update. Is it just me having this issue?

• Thanks for the update! Im still having isuues using the .tar keeps saying my system isnt big enough, but I've only uses your builds. I have to create an usb image and boot from that to update. Is it just me having this issue?

I've had no issues with upgrading from tar files. Using pi3 (and sometimes a pi2).

• pawnthep

Most likely your container is in a stopped state. Try running "docker rm arch-chrome" before running Chrome again, I'm guessing that fixes it. You can run my Chrome container on any x86_64 Linux distribution running Docker. I would refer you to the Docker documentation, there's very excellent tutorials there.

Thanks for your advices. I'll look into that.

• I have a problem , I downloaded the latest version of the 28th generic and want to install in a " S1 - AT5NM10E " if I use the Live mode, the system boot and load , if I give install, i see nothing , the computer this by VGA, the HDMI output does not work , I could be why ? If was i can fix it ?

Greetings.

PS: Sorry for the language , this translated with google .

• I have no idea, maybe you can force output in the bios. In any case I don't think it has anything to do with my added packages so please create a thread in a different section for your issue.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 29, 2016 at 8:22 AM).

• Strange thing is my flash is showing up as 461mb 100% full. Wonder if I run gparted and extent it it will fix the issue. I have no idea why it's not 512mb, I have only ever used you builds on this system.

• You could extract the .tar and copy the .kernel and .system files to /flash/SYSTEM and /flash/KERNEL manually. Do a "mount -o remount,rw /flash" first to make it writeable.

Going on a two weeks holiday, was hoping to get PCSX2 integrated using a container before I left but it doesn't seem to work properly. I can run it and it recognize my BIOS files (legally dumped from my own PS2 of course), but I'm getting an error when loading any ISO (homebrew of course):

Code
    IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)

Seems to be an issue with running inside a container, as the same setup works on my laptop. It's a 32-bit application and I suspect the code that reads ISO files probably uses some fancy trick to read them that somehow doesn't work through Docker.

• hi, i can now install it, but i have a problem with the generic version of the 28th day, when i do a installation does not boot, but the version of the 22th day works well. The error is this "Syslinux no default or ui configuration directive found" is my error or the img?

• Tried the sujested method killed the ttyl couldnt start service so I reverted back to 20160825.
    20160828 wouldnt even install on a fresh install.

Anyways im happy with what I got, Hope you have a great holiday mate.

• Odd, it works here on both RPi and Generic.

20160830:

- VICE 2.4.29
    - RetroArch 4fb0a8b
    - mupen64plus-libretro 611494
    - Change Dolphin launcher script to use the GUI version
    - Add 8Bitdo SNES30 mapping in Emulationstation

• hi, i can now install it, but i have a problem with the generic version of the 28th day, when i do a installation does not boot, but the version of the 22th day works well. The error is this "Syslinux no default or ui configuration directive found" is my error or the img?

Getting the same "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!" in 2016-08-30 GENERIC image. Could you provide the CRC32 or MD5 of the images so that we could verify them?

Edited once, last by RobLoach (August 30, 2016 at 6:39 PM).

• Code
    269797750acf3fdc60048610aad1d132  LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160830.img.gz
    0941005a6a888ee7253014b3110e1f59  LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160830.tar
    b075a40cbce5a69c0357e09974296ac6  LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160830.img.gz
    26ba35c4dfb0f9ef7c051adcc4f8337b  LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20160830.tar

I've updated both my RPi/NUC from the last release, and I just now tested booting my NUC with the Generic image on a USB. Tested UEFI and MBR boot both worked fine.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 30, 2016 at 10:15 PM).

• Getting the same "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!" in 2016-08-30 GENERIC image. Could you provide the CRC32 or MD5 of the images so that we could verify them?

I had the same problem with Generic 28 and 30 fresh install on my old atom, Generic 22 works but could not update because of not big enough system size.
    I ran Gparted through ubuntu live cd and resized system partition a little bigger and the update works and no more boot problem.

• i did the same, resize the system partition.

But now, i have a new problem, this time with emulationstation. when i do a scraper, the info of a game was downloaded well, info and picture. but when i exit and reload it the info isn't neither of both.
    In the path, "/storage/.config/emulationstation/downloaded_images" the images previously downloaded is still there.
    But the folder gamelist and the files gamelist.xml, I can not find where this or even better if you are there, why not create it?

Greetings.

• i did the same, resize the system partition.

But now, i have a new problem, this time with emulationstation. when i do a scraper, the info of a game was downloaded well, info and picture. but when i exit and reload it the info isn't neither of both.
    In the path, "/storage/.config/emulationstation/downloaded_images" the images previously downloaded is still there.
    But the folder gamelist and the files gamelist.xml, I can not find where this or even better if you are there, why not create it?

Greetings.

try removing '--ignore-gamelist' from /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf