RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• My suggestion is you clean up whatever's taking up space in your /flash.

Lol yeah that didnt work, killed the system clearing out /flash. I made a usb image using the 20160823 image and repaired the flash from there.
    Even with 20160823 installed I still cant update using the 20160823.tar Something's strange in the neighbourhood.
    At least I didnt have to format :)

• First of all, thanks for this build. It's getting pretty close to perfect for a gaming rig OS (which I'm in the middle of making for myself currently).

Any possibility of including standalone MAME for the generic build? Similar to the other standalone emulators you've included, retroarch MAME (latest core) is buggy as far as resolutions are concerned.

• Have you tried mame2003 that's included in this build? Resolution looks good to me. I have no need for the mame standalone as I think the libretro core works better.

• Have you tried mame2003 that's included in this build? Resolution looks good to me. I have no need for the mame standalone as I think the libretro core works better.

I do use mame2003 for arcade games. Newer MAME provides MESS functionality though, so we can play older systems like colecovision, commodore 64, etc. The latest MAME core does work for this, the resolution is just buggy, see issue here:
    Hide nagscreen and Hide warnings broken · Issue #7 · libretro/mame · GitHub

Edited once, last by zachmorris (August 25, 2016 at 11:40 PM).

• I already have VICE for C64, colecovision I don't have any use for. Like I said, resolution looks good here. You may want to create an issue on github for mame2003 then, but it certainly doesn't look like that here.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 26, 2016 at 6:53 AM).

• no sound on my system, it's ok on both hdmi and analogue on LE, how can i confugure it on retroarch

and sometimes, not sure what i did wrong, when the system's freeze i force turned it off then after boot LE logo and a little log, the system stop at cursor screen, which make me reformat the storage partition :(

Edited once, last by 2ami (August 26, 2016 at 3:42 AM).

• You need to configure /storage/.config/asound.conf, there's a .sample there you can use.

Oh and I noticed the slow boot sometimes too, just give it 30 seconds or so and it boots no need to reformat No idea what's causing it.

20160825:

- Fix audio and hide mouse pointer in ResidualVM
    - Add swap file support

Edited once, last by escalade (August 26, 2016 at 7:00 AM).

• Hmmm, anyone else getting an overlay issue on the latest build....

The main window says 'could not connect to repository'

Also the cursor around settings seems to have disapeared so you have no idea what settings you have selected!!?
    [hr]
    Also got this message after i connected to the internet...

Edited once, last by BlockABoots (August 26, 2016 at 8:17 PM).

• Hi, escalade

I really appreciate using Chrome on LE with your build. But sometimes, I don't know what I did wrong, Chrome will not start and it can't start ever again.

I tried ssh with code -- docker pull escalade1/arch-chrome, but it only shows that "Image is up to date for escalade1/arch-chrome:latest."

In fact, this occurs to me many times, I can only fix it with fresh installation. So my questions:

- How can I fix this without fresh installation?
    - Is it possible to use your Chrome on normal LE generic build? (I'm sorry if this is inappropriate for trying to use your work in other build. I did tred it once by installing docker addon first, then pull your arch-chrome but it didn't works.)

Thanks.

Edited once, last by pawnthep (August 27, 2016 at 5:21 AM).

• escalade, my sound problem has been solved, but my internal wifi not detected, could you build with bcm_sta driver next release, thanks

anyway im still struggling with street fighter ii game, unable to find the correct emulator for it, this game reminds me when i was in junior high school, i was the champ amongs my friends lol

and concerning about the copyright of the game it self, i heard that within some years, the company has no longer owning the copyright but become publics, is that true, because i never purchase of my rom, i did purchase the original game when its still on cartrigdes (megadrive, nes, supernes) but dont know how to dump it, and i dont know where in the world that years old cardrigdes reside now either.

Edited once, last by 2ami (August 27, 2016 at 6:33 AM).

• BlockABoots

I've seen the GUI issues as well, think that's new with beta1. I'll keep an eye out for a fix. As for the joystick support a new build is on the way with a fix for that.

pawnthep

Most likely your container is in a stopped state. Try running "docker rm arch-chrome" before running Chrome again, I'm guessing that fixes it. You can run my Chrome container on any x86_64 Linux distribution running Docker. I would refer you to the Docker documentation, there's very excellent tutorials there.

2ami

bcm_sta is already included by default. You can easily find street fighter roms on the internet, I'm not sure about the legality of them though so we'll leave it at that. You can run it on a number of the emulators included in this build, I think the arcade versions are the best.

• All in all, my setup is coming along very nicely thanks to you, escalade. Below are a few issues I am having, though I believe these are all LibreELEC and Kodi related...not the fault of your build.

Issues I'm having right now (using 20160825 rpi2/3 build):
    Screensaver will not work when bluetooth is enabled (work around=disable bluetooth)
    LibreELEC settings addon has skin issue (work around=be very careful to estimate what item is highlighted)
    Cannot configure a gamepad (I believe Milhouse builds may have an updated addon for this, 20160822)
    Periodic lag related to weather icons not being found in texture DB (work around=remove weather from home)

• 20160828:

- Fix for joystick.peripheral in beta1
    - Add beetle-wswan-libretro
    - Downgrade uae4arm to working version and use SDL
    - Add unclutter service (always hides mouse pointer)
    - Added dosbox.sh script

I've done some spring cleaning in a few packages and compiled statically here and there. This is also a full rebuild so let me know if there's any issues.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 28, 2016 at 10:25 AM).

• 20160828:

- Fix for joystick.peripheral in beta1
    - Add beetle-wswan-libretro
    - Downgrade uae4arm to working version and use SDL
    - Add unclutter service (always hides mouse pointer)

I've done some spring cleaning in a few packages and compiled statically here and there. This is also a full rebuild so let me know if there's any issues.

Awesome! It looks like the 20160828 build fixed 3 issues I was having:
    LibreELEC settings addon has skin issue (Fixed in 20160828 build)
    Cannot configure a gamepad (Fixed in 20160828 build)
    Periodic lag related to weather icons not being found in texture DB (Fixed in 20160828 build)

The only issue that remains for me is the screensaver not working properly when bluetooth is enabled. It appears to be tied to some powersave function upon start of the screensaver.

Additionally, I create a couple simple pull requests for adding zip extensions for genesis and an 8bitdo SNES30 controller config for emulationstation.

• Screensaver working fine here, both on RPi and Generic with bluetooth enabled.

As for your PR's, I had to redo them as the zip extension was only added for one platform (i support generic and rpi), the commits were not properly named and the controller PR had unsquashed commits which also contained indenting changes. Also I've rebased since you created them.

Edited once, last by escalade (August 28, 2016 at 11:08 AM).

• Screensaver working fine here, both on RPi and Generic with bluetooth enabled.

As for your PR's, I had to redo them as the zip extension was only added for one platform (i support generic and rpi), the commits were not properly named and the controller PR had unsquashed commits which also contained indenting changes. Also I've rebased since you created them.

Sorry about the PRs, I'm new to GitHub and barely know what I'm doing there. Just want to help since this project is exactly what I've been looking for, for a long time.

As for the Bluetooth, maybe it's related to internal pi3 BT. If I recall correctly, you are using a pi2.