RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• lollo78

Actually, none of the libretro cores use a configure script. As you can see there is no configure step, it just compiles a makefile that's already in place in a subdir. You'll need to define what you need there.

froggy74

My scripts to launch RetroArch assumes Intel (DRM/KMS) hardware and switches to a virtual console before launching the game. I'll revise this and put up a new build.

In the meantime, although a bit cumbersome, you could log in with SSH and do a "chvt 1". Your game is probably running fine in X.

• Good work, I'll include it :) BTW, to create a patch you just do "diff -u originalfile newfile" (and edit the patch to add the filepath). Simpler than creating a fork.

• Thanks to you!
    I done the fork because when I run compile, the system clean first the scummvm* folder inside my build* directory.
    I didn't know how to do. I'll try the patch way or I'll wait to see yours to learn
    Thanks again

Edited once, last by lollo78 (May 30, 2016 at 1:40 AM).

• I've uploaded a new Generic image, with some cool new features:

- Chrome and Spotify launchable from main menu

Run Plex, Transmission and SABnzbd as systemd services like this:

Code
    # systemctl enable arch-plex && start arch-plex
    # systemctl enable arch-sabnzbd && start arch-sabnzbd
    # systemctl enable arch-transmission && start arch-transmission

No addons or downloads needed, docker will automatically pull images from my docker hub repo. The arch container they are based on are minimal, but even so the images are a bit on the heavy side. Make sure you have like 2GB of space left on /storage.

Oh and last but not least, the RetroArch launcher script now tries to detect Intel KMS and doesn't switch to virtual console before starting. Should fix the issue mentioned earlier with nvidia cards.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Edited once, last by escalade (May 30, 2016 at 11:43 PM).

• Hi dear,
    I'm trying to compile retroarch-joypad-autoconfig (last commit 923f1fb), but it stuck when try to apply retroarch-joypad-autoconfig-01-ds4.patch

Code
    can't find file to patch at input line 3
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- a/udev/Wireless Controller.cfg    2016-04-16 14:28:41.975179598 +0200
    |+++ b/udev/Wireless Controller.cfg    2016-04-16 14:28:58.454953687 +0200

Which is the purpose of this patch?

-----------

Another little question (I'm studing your scripts to learn ).

In common-shaders/package.mk you use

Code
    PKG_VERSION="latest"

instead of the traditional commits SHA.
    A similar solution exist also for retroarch and all the others libretro-cores?
    This could save me a lot of time when I want to test all the latest libretro commit, compiling it in one shot.

------------
    Last question.
    I edited a Stella-libretro package.mk. It's so simple with your system.

My idea was to compile it for rpi3.
    In one of the latest commit (Added Rpi3 platform and removed redundant Rpi CFLAG · libretro/stella-libretro@024e226 · GitHub) Rpi3 was added like platform in Makefile (I notice this also in prosystem-libretro).
    But... how to compile for rpi3 with your build enviroinment?
    PROJECT=RPi3 ARCH=arm scripts/build stella
    of course doesn't work

Thanks

Edited once, last by lollo78 (May 31, 2016 at 9:19 PM).

• The patch is to get a proper configuration for DS4 bluetooth. You can remove if you don't need it.

As for the "latest" version tag it can really be anything, if you look at the package I download from several sources in make_target. There are different ways of achieving things, a package should simply put what you want into $INSTALL.

• About Stella...

I tried also with

Code
    make_target() {
      make -f Makefile platform=rpi3
    }

but compiling with
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build stella
    I have this error:

Code
    lto1: warning: switch -mcpu=cortex-a53 conflicts with -march=armv7ve switch
  • Look at the compiler documentation, learn the difference between the switches, then inspect the makefile and make sure you pass the correct compiler options. Easy ;)

• The patch is to get a proper configuration for DS4 bluetooth. You can remove if you don't need it.

As for the "latest" version tag it can really be anything, if you look at the package I download from several sources in make_target. There are different ways of achieving things, a package should simply put what you want into $INSTALL.

Yes, patch deleted

About "latest".
    Sorry I did not explain well. I'm not very familiar with English.
    I would like to reach a way to automatically download the latest archive commits without manually editing the PKG_VERSION="" string.

• Hi master! Just a quick question....
    Your script for libretro-database download only the existent files.
    I done some mods into .dat file and created a new .dat file but to use it with Retroarch (to perform game scanning) I have to compile it in .rdb.
    But... how to do that? Any suggestion?