RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I really wonder how it's possible to miss the first two lines in the first post of this thread. You will be ignored until you have read it.

escalade Because I had a freakout about what was going on and was trying to solve it myself before posting and was just frustrated. My apologies. I'll get the logs and post them.

• Killerdog

Works fine when I start with a clean Transmission profile here and change the whitelist, you're doing something wrong. Same goes for sabnzbd, it works great here using it every day. It logs to /storage/.config/sabnzbd/logs/ you should be able to find something there. As for your RetroArch issue I have no idea as you are not providing logfiles as I clearly have stated you should do on the first page of this thread.

OK, i figured out why sabnzbd refuse to connect to my server at setup. if i configure it in french the test connection failed. if i configure it in english it working. strange but now i know why.

for transmission i follow your advice and stop the service modify the file setting.json with "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,*.*.*.*",

restart the service and voila !!!

• Hi,

did you have any problem with a RPi3 and sabnzbd ?

i explain, in my HTPC with Hasswell proc, it work perfectly (now) but in my Raspberry Pi 3 when it unpack the download file the RPi3 Freeze all the time, i need to unplug it and start again, connect to ssh and stop the service before it hang again (before it restart the unpacking of the download file).

the sabnzbd.log don't say anything about it (i think) because the system really hang, i can't do nothing, it completelly freeze when it happen.

i think of a overload of memory but i'm not sure of this.

• escalade I'll wholeheartedly cop to having a dumbass moment when I have them, and I'm pretty sure this is one of them. But when I went back to find the relevant log files in the Samba share you referred to, the logs you want aren't there in the Samba share....am I missing something here? Just to recap what you put on the FIRST page, you wanted the following logs:

/var/log/emulationstation.log

/var/log/retroarch.log

/var/log/x64.log

/var/log/fs-uae.log

/var/log/uae4arm.log

/var/log/dolphin.log

/var/log/residualvm.log

Correct? But when I go to my Samba shares on my LibreELEC machine via another Win10 PC, this is what I see when I open the log file:

KODI

KODI_OTHER

System

Hardware

Network

varlog

input

filesystem

Journal-cur

Journal-prev

Addons

Just to make sure I wasn't a complete dumbass, I logged into SSH via Putty and checked the /var/log directory on there, and only found the following in the directory:

log.nmbd

log.smbd

Xorg.0.log

Information about the machine itself: Alienware Steam Machine, Intel i3-4170T, 3.2 GHz, 8 GB DDR3L RAM, 240 GB Samsung SSD, NVidia GTX 860M 2 GB DDR4 VRAM.

I'm really sorry if I seem to be wasting your time, but I am confused here. I'd like to be able to help so....

• Killerdog

Haven't seen that, though it's quite some time since I actually had an RPi device. For a system crash, what would be useful is the output of "journalctl -f" during the crash. Does it happen during unpacking or verification/repair? A new version is uploading in a few minutes, which includes an updated par2cmd. I switched to a version that includes openmp multithreading some time ago, perhaps the code is unstable with RPi. Worth giving the updated version a shot.

EDIT: I noticed a different issue in your log, the dispmanx_vnc addon was looking for libssl.so.1.0.0 which was missing for the RPi build. It's included in the latest.

Shockwave

The "06_varlog" file will contain every logfile from /var/log. There won't be a /var/log/retroarch.log until you start that application (obviously?). So what you'd do is launch RetroArch, cause it to crash then access the logfiles share which will generate a nice logfile that you can upload here. Everything one needs to troubleshoot something is in there. System log, kernel log, hardware info, Kodi log, application logs, etc.

I don't want to be a stickler, but I've made every effort to make it as clear as possible what I need from you. It seems so easy, yet nobody does it. How can I help with a problem without having any information about it? I'm just tired of asking every person for what's clearly written in the OP. If there's anything I can do to make it any more clear, do let me know.

• 20170829:

• escalade I don't blame you, good Sir/Madam. I was a technical support/firmware engineer in a past life, so I know what kind of dumbassery you've put up with. It does make one predisposed to tearing people a new asshole when they do seemingly dumbass $#!+. As a technical writer as well, I can help you out as to why people have a hard time following the directions. ;) It also enrages you to blind spots that you may not see because of your simmering rage due to people stupidity. It's why I copped to having a dumbass moment.

I'll reenact the incident in question and get the varlog file for you. Give me some time. I've got to run off to work. Admittedly, it's also kind of hard to provide support in a forum (trust me, I've tried, was a forum admin for a private company providing support, was a nightmare).

• I wouldn't call anyone stupid as I don't expect everyone to be an expert, but I do expect people to have the courtesy to read and follow instructions of the thread that they are posting in. Providing support in a forum is indeed challenging, which is why I encourage people to stay on topic and create new threads for whatever other issues they have with LE. Just having a blowout as every new post the last few days had ignored the OP.

• escalade

I just released that PR probably stands for Pull Request in regards of my question if you could add the visibility switch to your skin mod. However, I am new to Git and it is not clear to me how do create a PR for your fork and not LibreElec self. If I click on Pull Request I get first a view with a comparison between LibreElec and your fork. Could you please give me a hind how to create the PR?

• Killerdog

Haven't seen that, though it's quite some time since I actually had an RPi device. For a system crash, what would be useful is the output of "journalctl -f" during the crash. Does it happen during unpacking or verification/repair? A new version is uploading in a few minutes, which includes an updated par2cmd. I switched to a version that includes openmp multithreading some time ago, perhaps the code is unstable with RPi. Worth giving the updated version a shot.

during the unpacking, at least it seem during unpacking.

i flash the build of 29/08

configure everything and do a test as soon as possible.

thanks