RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• escalade

I've forked your repo and try to cherry pick usefull stuff and kernel 4.15.2 is up and running so atm I'm updating/optimizing the kernel config file.

You've been updating it too and added

Code
    CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="/storage/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/image/initramfs.cpio"

Now I was wondering what's the right path to include this file on my system since this line points to the build directory of the kernel.

Code
    CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR="external-firmware"

So do I have to change the INITRAMFS to something like this? Because this would point to the build directory in my user directory.

Code
    CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="~/libreelec/5schatten/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/image/initramfs.cpio"
  • escalade

Does your spotify still work? I can't start it from kodi but it works fine when I start it at the console.

I've compiled two builds that included the recent spotify bash script and the version you've merged before. Both won't start spotify but leave me with a black screen. Putty & "kodifreeze.sh unfreeze" solves this problem but I guess there's something wrong with the script.

LibreELEC.tv/spotify at le82 · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/spotify at 5ad807a3c6964bfc7aa3e64e9a950255e07ea25d · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Then I tried the pretty old one and this script works fine for me:

LibreELEC.tv/spotify at 3b3c65ef678df24ac036673539ace889994ee9a3 · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

So as I mentioned I'm no programmer so I need "a little" help to figure out what's wrong ;)

EDIT:

maybe not pretty but this does the trick for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

spotify: fixed blank/black screen · 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv@73cdcd5 · GitHub

Edited once, last by 5schatten (February 13, 2018 at 12:36 AM).

• I've reverted the changes, made a new "old" build and well there wasn't much to find in /var/log/spotify.log just one line:

"Sending action: RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-suspend.py)"

So it looks like spotify won't start at all. But when I use the script after adding muteonly I get the following log:

Display Spoiler

Sending action: RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-suspend.py)

/storage/.cache/app.spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-compat.so: no version information available (required by /storage/.cache/app.spotify/spotify)

/storage/.cache/app.spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-compat.so: no version information available (required by /storage/.cache/app.spotify/spotify)

/proc/self/exe: /usr/lib/libcurl-compat.so: no version information available (required by /proc/self/exe)

(spotify:3656): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_send_message: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

(spotify:3656): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_send_message: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

Sending action: RunScript(/usr/bin/audio-resume.py)

Beside the DBUS stuff thats literally the same output spotify delivers after starting per ssh. So I don't knwo what's wrong, maybe stopping kodi stops also the execution of the script? Your's is working fine as long as I run it from the console but it won't work from kodi menu.

This behavior started after a clean installation on both of my x86 htpcs in mid of december so some weeks after your last changes. Looks like others had the same problem. Is your NUC running fine with a fresh install or did you "just" upgrade everytime? Anyway it's pretty strange.

• Hey mate, I have updated to your AVX2 build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180213.tar and i have found that the built-in CIR is no longer working with my Xbox One remote.

I'm running a NUC5i7RYH

Dropping back to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180211.tar seems to work fine again.

Logs attached if you are able to check it out, **this board is not letting me upload zip attachments at present, so the full log zip if needed is at:-

here

Cheers

Edited once, last by jonbags (February 15, 2018 at 4:12 AM).

• escalade

Well, I have run out of ideas on my own so I have returned for some help. I recently purchased the ASROCK J4205 Intel Apollo Lake board. While using your Generic x86_64 build, Dreamcast, PS1, and Mame do not run without the sound popping and slowdown of the game. I have not tried different Mame cores yet, since I have not been able to get either of the other two worked out. I did try all dreamcast and PS1 cores with the same result. Everything runs fine on Lakka on all cores for comparisons sake and I changed no settings whatsoever on the cores in either build. All the older systems seem to run fine after a quick run through. As always, any help is appreciated, and thanks for your work on this.

• Hi mate, same model as you I believe. Not sure of the kernel config, not my area of expertise sorry.

I'll make do with LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20180211.tar

Cheers for all your work

• jonbags

Mine works:

Code
    # dmesg | grep cir
    [    3.485300] nuvoton-cir 00:05: [io  0x0240-0x024f]
    [    3.485337] nuvoton-cir 00:05: [irq 3]
    [    3.485340] nuvoton-cir 00:05: [io  0x0250-0x025f]
    [    3.485723] nuvoton-cir 00:05: activated
    [    3.485747] nuvoton-cir 00:05: found NCT6776F or compatible: chip id: 0xc3 0x33
    [    3.590416] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver nuvoton-cir registered at minor = 0
    [    3.613055] nuvoton-cir 00:05: driver has been successfully loaded
  • Output from devel-20180214

Code
    BroStation:~ # dmesg | grep cir
    [    4.592880] nuvoton-cir 00:01: found NCT6776F or compatible: chip id: 0xc3 0x33
    [    4.697293] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver nuvoton-cir registered at minor = 0
    [    4.697367] nuvoton-cir 00:01: driver has been successfully loaded

Edited once, last by jonbags (February 15, 2018 at 11:10 AM).