RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• 5schatten

Indeed, I can't notice any difference from my testing either so builds will have it enabled from now on. 4.15 will have to wait until I have time.

mansig

Define too slow? Sounds like perhaps you are experiencing input lag, see if there's a "game mode" on your TV. Hard to say as you have not provided any information about your setup or logs.

hii, I tried in all modes, and game mode too, relation aspect too.... I attach the logfile,

thank you so muchlog-2018-02-07-15.56.27.zip

Edited once, last by mansig (February 7, 2018 at 10:06 PM).

• Seems I forgot to increase the zstd compression level, I will need to rebuild again. Alternatively you can back up and do a new install (my image creates 1GB /flash by default) or resize it manually.

ok, thx for the info.

By the way, is there any chance that you'll upgrade Emulationstation? the version used (v2.0.1) is rather old now.

• New build uploaded with glibc 2.27 retpoline and updated retroarch.

About Emulationstation, I probably won't be upgrading it any time soon as there's no changes that have been relevant. I've backported some of the performance improvements from RetroPie. Only relevant stuff is maybe the carouselle theme and videos (which requires a rather large libvlc library).

• New build uploaded with glibc 2.27 retpoline and updated retroarch.

About Emulationstation, I probably won't be upgrading it any time soon as there's no changes that have been relevant. I've backported some of the performance improvements from RetroPie. Only relevant stuff is maybe the carouselle theme and videos (which requires a rather large libvlc library).

I for one am jonesing for custom collections which have been available since, I think, retropie emulationstation 2.4.

I think your image is amazing but I think updating ES would be like icing on the cake.

• And I can't downgrade to 20180207 by putting the file in /storage/.update. I still see only that large blinking cursor. I don't want to make a clean install and loose settings, videos and recordings :s

• Updated to generic x64 20180209. Update went through OK according to messages, but it bricked my LE. I see only a large blinking cursor at boot.

Same problem here. Generic x64 20180209 bricked my NUC, I had to reintsall from scratch with a previous version.

• Same problem here. Generic x64 20180209 bricked my NUC, I had to reintsall from scratch with a previous version.

Same here.... Generic x64 20180209 crash my system... (No GPU installed?)

No log file, sorry

● userconfig.service - Setup User config dir

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/userconfig.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-02-11 08:07:46 CET; 1h 10min ago

Process: 307 ExecStart=/usr/bin/userconfig-setup (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Main PID: 307 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 11 08:07:46 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Setup User config dir...

Feb 11 08:07:46 LibreELEC systemd[1]: userconfig.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Feb 11 08:07:46 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Failed to start Setup User config dir.

Feb 11 08:07:46 LibreELEC systemd[1]: userconfig.service: Unit entered failed state.

Feb 11 08:07:46 LibreELEC systemd[1]: userconfig.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

• BlaBla1973 that's different from mine. I get no text at all, only blinking cursor.

Edit : it was easy to solve really. Manually copy the files KERNEL and SYSTEM from the release archive to the system partition and it's working again :D

Edited once, last by andersos (February 11, 2018 at 11:33 AM).