LE8 "Remix" (Generic/RPi) Emulationstation/Chrome/Spotify PROVIDE LOGS IF PROBLEMS

• craigmillard

Try running touch /storage/.config/retroarch/nokms in a terminal. Perhaps your GPU has issues with KMS mode for some reason.

Thanks escalade, although it was my fault! I thought i had put the latest build on but i had used 14-11/2017 by mistake!:(

I upgraded and now all is working!:)

On to getting the ps2 emu going!!

• craigmillard

I doubt PS2 will run very good for you as your CPU does not support hw OpenGL and it's not fast enough to do sw.

In other News, 20171205 is uploading. This may be my final LE8 release as it's soon time to rebase on LE9 and Kodi 18.

An interesting change is that you can now change the root password.

• escalade : would it be possible to include "Spotimc" instead of Spotify, as Spotimc is easier navigated with a remote and it's easier to shut it down and return to Kodi when done with it.

Big ups for your amazing work, simply love it!

(Visste inte att du är norrman förresten, trevligt :))

• escalade

Will you still compile/upload a cherrytrail optimized image?

Tronsmart Ara X5 plus

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171016.tar (cherry trail specific build)

• slacker666

Spotimc is unmaintained for years and doesn't even work on Krypton. In any case, addons are user installable so no need to include them. Just get a bluetooth mouse/keyboard from dealextreme which should be part of any proper htpc setup anyway.

Ja jeg er norsk ;)

RomMon

Maybe.

• Hi Escalade

First I want to say thanks for a great emulator build, i have been enjoying snes the last couple of days and especially also n64, whixch is running very well.

I am unfortunately experiencing no audio in fs-uae.

I have made the audio fix mentioned in post-1, i changed it to: audio_device = "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"

because else my audio only worked in kodi.

I am running the build named:

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171205.img.gz

I have inspected the error log in fs-uae, but I am not very experienced user

I hope you maybe can hint me in the right direction, so i can revisit amiga-times.

I am getting an openal cannot open audio device error.

According to log I seem to miss some files in the directory called

ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.4.1/src/confmisc.c:246:(snd_func_getenv) field default not found

But I do not have that folder??! How/where can I download those files?!

Hope you maybe could help

Best regards

I have attached the Fs-uae error log

Files

• fs-uae.log

(1.49 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
  • It doesn't say a file is missing, it's telling you which function is failing and in which source fie. The file is located on my build machine. Looks like openal has a problem outputting to your default device, which indicates an issue with your asound.conf. Did you get output when using speaker-test?

• Ssh in and speaker-test output:

LibreELEC (community): devel-20171205 (Generic x86_64)

LibreELEC:~ # speaker-test

speaker-test 1.1.4

Playback device is default

Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels

Using 16 octaves of pink noise

ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.5/src/confmisc.c:246:(snd_func_getenv) fie

d default not found

ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.5/src/conf.c:4554:(_snd_config_evaluate) f

nction snd_func_getenv returned error: No such file or directory

ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.5/src/conf.c:5033:(snd_config_expand) Eval

ate error: No such file or directory

ALSA lib /home/trondah/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel/alsa-lib-1.1.5/src/pcm/pcm.c:2501:(snd_pcm_open_noupdat

) Unknown PCM default

Playback open error: -2,No such file or directory

LibreELEC:~ #

Sorry I am not strong in this at all, audio is working in kodi and ingame in snes and n64 started via emulatorstation and or alone with retroarch. Only no sound in fs-uae.

I am not sure what to do

• thx for replying Escalade and for taking time to help me.

You were right, my asound.xonf was not correct. Its working now.

Thx alot, love this build especially because you have included fs-uae.

Now I will try and port the rest of my former kodibuild to this, meaning addons,pvr etc

• slacker666

Spotimc is unmaintained for years and doesn't even work on Krypton. In any case, addons are user installable so no need to include them. Just get a bluetooth mouse/keyboard from dealextreme which should be part of any proper htpc setup anyway.

Ja jeg er norsk ;)

Right, I see. Was indeed a long time since I used it, just thought about it the other day. Would be cool to be able to stream from mobile Spotify app to Kodi, but I guess that will never be an option?

I suppose there's no road map / ETA for when you'll adopt to Kodi 18?

• escalade

Thx for the latest build it works awesome and my issues with the apollo based j3455-itx are completly gone -> audio works like a charm and even adoptable framerate does not break audio playback anymore.

Actually I'm using all of your builds (generic,avx,rpi2) and so i always have to check out whats new and whats not. I'm really a fan of your work and custom le build but could you do us a favor and reorganize your download folder structure?

Something like this:

le8

|-archive-|-legacy.tar

|-generic-|-generic.tar

.................|-cherrytrail-|-cherry.tar

.................|-avx-|-avx.tar

|-raspi-|-raspi.tar

le9

|-archive-|-legacy.tar

|-generic-|-generic.tar

.................|-cherrytrail-|-cherry.tar

.................|-avx-|-avx.tar

|-raspi-|-raspi.tar

It's just a thought because IMHO it's way more clear where the good stuff is uploaded to ;-)