RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi,

I just switched from Windows to your libreelec implementation because passthrough of dolby atmos and dts hd is finally working on Kaby platform. Great and thank you!

When using your implementation I few things pop up:

- passthrough of the audio in HD formats is only working when the resolution is 4K. If i switch to 1920x1080 it stops working. Is this normal behavior?

- I can't use 4K 60 frames. Is this still work in progress?

Thank you for your support on Kaby!

• escalade

I've got a question, I need to copy some files into the "/usr/share/dolphin-emu/sys/Wii" folder but if I'm not completly wrong / is full according to putty & "df -h"

So how to upload files into this folder? I guess I have to upload them into "/storage/.config/dolphin-emu" or something?

Basically I'm trying to follow this guide Dolphin Emulator - Wii Network Guide

EDIT:

well I see its already there in "/storage/.local/share/dolphin-emu/Wii"

Edited once, last by 5schatten (October 28, 2017 at 5:33 PM).

• Hey all, sorry if this is a stupid question. But do I need to download a PSX bios for this build or should it be installed already? I have tried several PSX roms and it just shows a black screen. The roms work on other emulators though. Thanks in advance

• Hi escalade

I updated my laptop with last avx versions and sound stop to work and Bluetooth too can't connect anymore my controller

Do you have an older version? I'd like to do a rollback

Logs in attachment if you see something in

For soundcard I find that this new version mute my outpout Speaker+LO so I add a new line to my autostart.sh

For bluetooth I saw that line in

Code
    kernel: Bluetooth: Failed to disable LE scan: status 0x0c

And have same problem as describe here

4.13.3-1 kernel - bluetooth does not work / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums

• Hey all, sorry if this is a stupid question. But do I need to download a PSX bios for this build or should it be installed already? I have tried several PSX roms and it just shows a black screen. The roms work on other emulators though. Thanks in advance

The bios's are not included for legal reasons because they are Sony's IP. You need to find them from the "usual" sites.

• I put my Docker containers in Favourites instead. That's where addons go by default anyway, and it's less work. Add them to /storage/.kodi/userdata/favourites.xml. I copied the System.Exec from Home.xml of the skin and it works for me. I can now start Docker containers (via shell scripts) from Favourites. System.Exec command should look like this:

Code
    XBMC.System.Exec("/storage/script.sh")

And of course the script file has to be set as executable.

Thanks very much for your help. I tried lots of ways to add to menu which it does do. Still cant get it to work though. But I think Im doing something wrong with the script Im making.

Can anyone suggest how to write a basic script to launch a program. As I said before every script I put together works from ssh. Just wont launch via kodi menu itself. Could it be a permission problem??

I use parsec (gamestream) in the family room with the kids. Playing co-op games is made easy this way. They can play in their bedroom etc and I can play anywere I want but usually the lounge. Will even work over the net if you have good uploads etc.

I just downloaded and extracted the binaries and launched the program via ssh and it works as it should. Just trying to get it to launch from kodi seems to be a problem. I can exit kodi via systemctl and run the program and it runs great will also start and run great with kodi in backround but if controller is mapped to kodi it will control both the game running through parsec and kodi menu in backround. Also if ssh is closed or terminated so is the program.

The program is located in /storage/./parsec/

It also has a .sh to launch and directly connects to game server after 1st setup.

This located /storage/.parsec/Parsec.sh

I can move the program and other files into any location on storage and run it via ssh but not from kodi menu.

The .sh consists of

./parsec server_id=(yourserverid)

Ive tried adding different things to the .sh via what I could find with google search and by looking at the emulation station setup that is already in this build.

Basically if I type ./parsec in terminal/ssh it launches the program the server id is for it to connect to my server or cloud server etc

Anyways would recommend giving it a try as its really really good.

Hope thats enough info and hope someone could shine some light on this as it driving me crazy trying to figuire it out. Thanks again

• From what you show here it seems ok. If it starts in ssh terminal it should start from Kodi too. Because in both cases it's user root that you're logged in with in LibreELEC, so file permissions shouldn't be the issue. The shell script is in same location as Parsec so you don't need path or do a cd. You don't show the stuff that you added to the Kodi menu xml file, which would be helpful. You obviously need to pass yourserverid from there too.

• From what you show here it seems ok. If it starts in ssh terminal it should start from Kodi too. Because in both cases it's user root that you're logged in with in LibreELEC, so file permissions shouldn't be the issue. The shell script is in same location as Parsec so you don't need path or do a cd. You don't show the stuff that you added to the Kodi menu xml file, which would be helpful. You obviously need to pass yourserverid from there too.

I just copied the estuary skin and renamed it as follows:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary to /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.myestuary

I then enabled it and ran it.

I tried copying the following method for Home.xml but changed it to my script location. ( even if I change labels etc makes no difference)

<item>

<label>Emulators</label>

<onclick>XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulator-frontend.sh)</onclick>

<thumb>DefaultAddonGame.png</thumb>

<property name="id">emulationstation</property>

</item>

I also done the same with fav.xml copying the fav I already have listed but editing the location part. All methods show up on menu just cant get it to launch.

This is the first time I have tried launching from kodi menu like this so its a bit new. As I said all my scripts etc work from ssh just not from kodi menu.

Im not to sure how I would pass my parsec server_id via the kodi menu other than putting it in the script as part of the command.

I have never written scripts as such other than simple batch for windows so its a little new to me but have tried various methods which i found from net.

but if I simply put ./parsec server_id=0000 in a .sh file with nothing else at all and open it via ssh it runs without fault. Wither it has

#!/bin/sh at start makes no difference using ssh so dont know if it makes a difference from kodi menu. But have tried with it and wont start parsec.

Another example I tried in python:

#!/usr/bin/python

import os

bashCommand = "./parsec server_id=0000"

os.system(bashCommand)

Again works in ssh but not from kodi menu.

Also tried something like this:

#!/bin/sh /storage/pirasec/pirasec.start

passes to start file with

#!/bin/sh

./parsec server_id=0000

Again works from ssh or command just not from kodi menu.

So again thanks for your help. I have searched high and low but cant find anyone who has launched parsec from kodi menu as of yet.

I'm guessing its probably something really simple that I'm just not seeing.

At the moment I made a batch file on my desktop to run plink.exe ssh into my pi and run the command. Done the same on my phone with ssh button app.

Would really like to sort this out though if possible as its driving me crazy....... should be simple.......

Edited 2 times, last by scottglindsay (October 31, 2017 at 12:40 PM).

• Edit (2017-11-05): I have not observed these 'continuous' crashes after:

1) upgraded to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171016.tar (cherry trail specific image).

2) replaced my USB3-HUB (including its power supply).

I suspect the upgrade solved the 'continuous' crashes. The replacement of the USB3-HUB looks to have solved the difficulty to power-up the system with all devices connected. (I think my old hub had a power related issue).

I'm still monitoring my system, and still see a Kodi crash once in a few days, but that looks different from this issue.

[/edit]

For some time (few weeks I suspect) Kodi is crashing often.

I thought it was a USB 3.0 Hub, but today without this hub connected I observed the same issue.

I cannot reproduce it easily, but if it is present it is sometimes difficult to get the HTPC working normally again.

E.g. multiple reboots or even multiple power-cycles (but without the USB-hub, this looks less of an issue)

I'm a bit afread it is hardware related.

Hardware details:

- Tronsmart Ara X5 plus (Intel Atom x5 Z8300 cherry trail),

- Pulse-eight CEC USB Adapter (in use from 15-July-2017)

- Anysee E30 ComboPlus TV tuners

- IMON LCD display

Firmware version:

LibreELEC, Install Extended Community Build, LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170621.img.gz

dmesg shows a lot of segfault e.g.:

Code
    [154419.211720] kodi.bin[30859]: segfault at fffffffffffffff8 ip 00007fbc953d315b sp 00007fbc13ffeb20 error 5 in libstdc++.so.6.0.23[7fbc95302000+172000]

[154432.493005] traps: kodi.bin[31062] general protection ip:7fe94a2bf08b sp:7fe8a3ffe890 error:0 in libc-2.25.so[7fe94a248000+190000]
    [154444.005243] traps: kodi.bin[31174] general protection ip:7f323563108b sp:7f31de7fb700 error:0 in libc-2.25.so[7f32355ba000+190000]
    [154454.266729] kodi.bin[31327]: segfault at 8038440 ip 00007ff108026490 sp 00007ff123013d08 error 6

And also '09_Journal-cur.log' shows the crashes.

The TVHeadend log '11_Addons.log' gives some hints when this might have started. Searching for 'Disconnected' gives the timestamps.

(continuously from 2017-10-31 00:23:10.035 till 2017-10-31 10:44:17.913 when the logs where taken.)

I hope it is possible to identify a cause from the logs.

(I removed '05_Network.log' from the archive, found it revealing quite a bit if details. Ssh is working during the crahses, so don't expect the issue to be network related.)

Edited 2 times, last by RomMon: issue looks solved with upgrade, still monitoring. (February 20, 2020 at 11:40 PM).

• escalade

Didn't I pick the LTS version...?

Thanks, yes was already preparing for that.

(Only hope it doesn't become worse)

Beside the normal LibreELEC backup are there other locations to backup.? E.g. I'm looking at /storage/.local/.

Edit, from #1970 I knew I need to change /storage/.config/asound.conf to hdmi:CARD=Audio,DEV=2

But is it expected that the output of aplay -L gives 3 possibilities?

Edit2, Forgot to mention upgrade was successful. Only the CEC adapter didn't work immediately after the first boot, but did after some minutes without a reboot.

Edited 2 times, last by RomMon (October 31, 2017 at 11:31 PM).