RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• escalade

Trying the n3ds core "Citra" in Retroarch, is that not working? Launching game either from Retroarch or Emulationstation just crashes back to Kodi home screen.

Followed the requirements as seen here: New Core: Citra (Windows/Linux) – Libretro to no avail.

n3ds works out of the box, no needs to change retroarch options for me

the only requirement is to have a decrypted rom

and without logs we can't help you more

• Damm!! I just aquired an "Intel NUC Mini PC - NUC5i7RYH" Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz with 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram, Gigabit Ethernet.

I installed the 20171027 build. Everything installed fine. After hours of setting everything up and building my Library, I ran into 2 big issues.

1. Buffering movies and slow downloading and up loading. I noticed the gigabit Ethernet lights up as 100MB/s on my gigabit switch and caps @ 10MB/s when transferring files. Takes hours to transfer ROMS.

2. It will not install Spotify!!! When i go to launch it shows the "1st time running downloading in background" message and the I hear a KODI bleep and message disappears.

So just in case it was a bad install, I back everything up an Install a Fresh copy of the 20171205 build. Everything installed fine. Before changing any settings I tested Spotify right away with the same results. Also same results with only 100MB/s on Ethernet connection. Not good for HD streaming.

Here are my log files for both 20171027 and 20171205 builds. Thank you for your help in advance

EDIT: 1. I Fixed the Gigabit Ethernet I think. I Switched the cable. My switch reads it as 1000MB/s connection. Was able to transfer files faster.

2. I tried Spotify again. I walked away for a while to come back with a black screen. Now every time I go to launch it, It just hangs with a black screen.

I will try another fresh install.

• I did another fresh Install of the 20171205 build. This time I just started spotify and waited. It went to a black screen after about 15-30 seconds. I then waited about 30 minutes. Nothing. Everything else works as expected. I checked in the .cache folder. There was no spotify directory created! hmmm ??? I do not get the "Downloading in background" message. weird. I just need to get Spotify to work and all is well.

• 20171218:

Code
    xf86-video-nvidia: update to 387.34
    linux: update to 4.14.7
    parallel-n64-libretro: build fix
    emulation: package bumps for fs-uae, parallel-n64-libretro, redream-libretro, scummvm-libretro
    libdrm: update to 2.4.89
    ffmpeg: add back mvc parser (fixes 3D for RPi)
    oem: add crypt.sh (home made script to create, mount and share encrypted LUKS containers)
    cryptsetup: update to 2.0.0
    json-c: update to 5b6d622
    spotify: stop pulseaudio, log to /var/log
  • How do you update from previous version?

You are on a version that already support the new zstd compression for the squashfs, so you can just place the .tar or img.gz in /storage/.update/ and reboot.

(For others, if you are on a regular LE version you need to follow the readme on the Google drive from post 1!!!!)

• hi

I am running latest generic image.

I am having trouble with dolphin emulator.

I am using ps3 dualshock and have configured it inside dolphin gui setup for controllers.

Dolphin will freeze when i try with mouse to enter setup configuration for hotkeys! -it shows a grey empty window, and i have to ssh in and exit dolphin with command: dolphin.sh --exit

I have tried to google and make my own Hotkeys.ini but I cannot find any examples or anything on google??! On google it seems loke everybody now can just use the inbuilt gui, but I can not do exactly that?!?!

I am trying to make a hotkey to one button on ps3 controller to exit emulator dolphin and return to either kodi or emulationstation.

Which direction should I go?

Thx for the super nice build, some games will not even run in retroarch dolphin

• @RomMon

You are on a version that already support the new zstd compression for the squashfs, so you can just place the .tar or img.gz in /storage/.update/ and reboot.

Thank you, The upgrade worked perfect.

I upgraded both machines. Now Spotify does not work on both machines?? Same problem, when I launch Spotify, it goes to a Black screen. It does not run in the background. I can not exit with alt+escape. I have to reboot. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way I can manually re-install spotify only? I think I have to go back to 20171027 build. Everything seemed to install and work with the 1027 build. Crying shame.

• Hi all

Is the gui section with hotkeys in dolphin working for everybody else? Mine just grays out when i choose it.

-Or is it as with fsuae where one has to make a hotkey file manually.

I have tried making one on a pc with dolphin, and transfered it to libreelec. But its not working.

Does someone have an example of a working hotkeys.ini file.

I am really having trouble getting anywhere.

I hope someone maybe would know?

best regards

• Logs.... Also you could just execute the steps in the spotify script manually to see where it goes wrong.

I do not know where the spotify script is. I will look for it. Also, how would I execute the steps? via SSH?

Anyway I did a fresh Install of 20171027 build and all is working for me on both i3 4010U and i7 5557U machines. Seems like you can update to 20171205 build from there and spotify is fine, but an update to 20171218 will break it. Also if I do a fresh install of 1205 or newer, spotify does not work for me.

• gwire

Indeed via ssh.

To find the location of the executable (script):

which spotify

To see if the file is an (executable) binary or (executable) script:

(you already know it is a script, so text based, but just to let you learn)

file /usr/bin/spotify

To actually see the content of the text file:

cat /usr/bin/spotify

Have a good look at the script, to see if you understand it.

The script contains two functions install_spotify and run_spotify.

Below that you see two if fi blocks, a line that calls function run_spotify with some parameters. And next again a if fi block that only gets run if spotify has finished.

It is the first two if fi blocks, and the call to function run_spotify that you need to understand and execute manually.