RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• I've just installed this edition to have emulators well installed and its ok. But I don't use spotify and do not need chrome at the tv. How to delete/disable these functions in home menu (they may stay somewhere inside if necessary, I have enough resources for that)?

• 20171118:

Code
    mesa: update to cb9d207 (17.3-rc4)
    kodi: update to a9a7a20 (17.6)
    samba: update to 4.7.2
    emulation: package bumps
    kodi: changes for smb minprotocol and legacysecurity
    kodi: bump peripheral.joystick for 17.6
    samba: fix misleading "file exists" message on login error

N64 is fixed and Citra tested working.

• Edit1 (2017-11-19): One of the Docker containers not running was Portainer. It looks something else is causing this. With restoring to my 2017-10-31 backup, and Internet disabled the container is running fine. But with Internet the image is getting updated (see ~/.kodi/addons/docker.linuxserver.portainer/bin/docker.linuxserver.portainer), and doesn't run anymore.

Maybe related to??: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

/Edit1

Edit2 (2017-11-19):

Portainer is currently running ok(, using an older image). But still get the same error message for the Debian image.

Code
    # docker run -it --rm -v /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static:/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static armelbuild/debian:jessie
    Unable to find image 'armelbuild/debian:jessie' locally
    jessie: Pulling from armelbuild/debian
    7c78e7488df7: Pull complete
    a3ed95caeb02: Pull complete
    8796be12624a: Pull complete
    Digest: sha256:dd3e2ffdceb98d84b6ac3419538e1ce92585543cbb9e1adee163bd33aef11b0e
    Status: Downloaded newer image for armelbuild/debian:jessie
    standard_init_linux.go:178: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Uploaded a new log

(removed)

=================================================================================================================

I have a problem with docker not running the containers.

In dmesg I see some overlayfs failed to resolve messages, I'm not sure how they got raised, and how to solve them.

From older dmesg logs I found the problem looks not to be present on 'log-2017-11-06-23.12.51_docker_ok.zip', but see these overlay errors in 'log-2017-11-12-10.21.11_docker_overlay_issue.zip', and later (both logs attached).

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/2320/

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/2321/

Get the folliwing error if I try to run the Debian image included in this build:

Code
    # docker run -it --rm -v /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static:/usr/bin/qemu-arm-static armelbuild/debian:jessie
     bash
    Unable to find image 'armelbuild/debian:jessie' locally
    jessie: Pulling from armelbuild/debian
    Digest: sha256:dd3e2ffdceb98d84b6ac3419538e1ce92585543cbb9e1adee163bd33aef11b0e
    Status: Downloaded newer image for armelbuild/debian:jessie
    standard_init_linux.go:178: exec user process caused "exec format error"
    #

I will continue looking for the reason of these issue, but also thinging of restoring to my 2017-10-31 backups.

Edited 3 times, last by RomMon: logs removed (February 20, 2020 at 11:36 PM).

• 20171118:

Code
    mesa: update to cb9d207 (17.3-rc4)
    kodi: update to a9a7a20 (17.6)
    samba: update to 4.7.2
    emulation: package bumps
    kodi: changes for smb minprotocol and legacysecurity
    kodi: bump peripheral.joystick for 17.6
    samba: fix misleading "file exists" message on login error

N64 is fixed and Citra tested working.

great, working fine for me too ;) in 20171117 avx build

but still no image for 3ds in /etc/emulationstation/themes/es-theme-simple-dark/

• Just tried upgrading to the Intel-cherrytrail image 'LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2-devel-20171116.tar', and also have the TVHeadend issue other mentioned.

Code
    # cat ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libva.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Full logs removed.

Edited once, last by RomMon: logs removed (February 20, 2020 at 11:35 PM).

• RomMon

I'll try to remedy the Spotify issue in the next build.

As for the Docker issue, I'm not sure what's going on there. Are you by any chance using the Docker version that I had on my gdrive? If so, try using the official addon. Is there a particular reason you are using the ARM version of Portainer on Generic?

meldrak

I haven't seen any theme that includes 3DS images. You are welcome to create them.

andersos

Try this:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib && ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1

This is due to the addon depending on a specific version of the libva library, which I have upgraded.

• Hi guys,

please don't mind my noobish questions but I've been querying this thread from the beginning and the end for a few pages each but couldn't find anything about update logs or what's so ever.

Basically my question is, did you try this on a current version of Intels Coffee Lake and does hardware acceleration with h264 and hevc 10 bit work?

Which kernel do you use, which Intel drivers are installed? (latest stack recepie from their website?)

I know I am early on this topic but I use a Intel Core i3 8100 4x latest coffee lake and tried to install Linux distributions like mint or Ubuntu none of which were able to deliver sufficient results in hardware supporting, I enabled kernel variables like i950 alpha support.

I just installed Win10 and everything works out of the box with the latest Intel drivers installed, hevc 10bit samples run smooth like butter.

Nevertheless for my own ideologism I really care to get in running with Linux.

I am glad for your feedback.

• Hi escalade I made this 3ds image for emulationstation, it should work

Could I have your mind about KMS and Skylake GT2 CPU/GPU? I'm wondering why it doesn't work well in KMS mode

can't get up to 10fps with kms in all retroarch cores and 60fps by disabling it, and vulkan is not working in any case (retroarch and dolphin)

my i3 haswell performs better than my i5 skylake in most case...

• andersos

Try this:

Code
    mkdir -p /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib && ln -s /usr/lib/libva.so /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/lib/libva.so.1

This is due to the addon depending on a specific version of the libva library, which I have upgraded.

Tvheadend works after linking also libva-drm.so and libva-x11.so. Thanks.

• EdwardEnglish

You can see my github commit log which is linked in the OP. I currently use 4.14 kernel, Mesa 17.3-rc4, libdrm 2.4.85, libva 2.0.0, intel-vaapi-driver 2.0.0 and xf86-video-intel from git. I don't have coffee lake, but it'll definitely work better than the already outdated stack in LE 8.2. Give it a shot.

meldrak

Thanks, I'll have a look.

andersos

Addons should be linked statically or include all shared libraries used IMO, this is one area LE could improve. Not a fan of the Kodi addon system as a package manager which is why I don't bother with it :)

• EdwardEnglish

You can see my github commit log which is linked in the OP. I currently use 4.14 kernel, Mesa 17.3-rc4, libdrm 2.4.85, libva 2.0.0, intel-vaapi-driver 2.0.0 and xf86-video-intel from git. I don't have coffee lake, but it'll definitely work better than the already outdated stack in LE 8.2. Give it a shot.

OK, I would like to give it a shot.

I first have to install latest stable LibreELEC (Krypton) 8.2.0 and then update to your version, don't I?

My problem is, that I can't even launch the latest libreelec because it's still on kernel 4.11.8 which does not support coffee lake's GPU, meaning I get into kind of a boot loop telling me X cannot start. So I find it hard to update...

• RomMon

I'll try to remedy the Spotify issue in the next build.

Great Thanks!

RomMon

As for the Docker issue, I'm not sure what's going on there. Are you by any chance using the Docker version that I had on my gdrive? If so, try using the official addon. Is there a particular reason you are using the ARM version of Portainer on Generic?

I'm not using the Docker version from your gdrive, but the official add-on from the Kodi repo.

The Portainer version is the one that got installed via LinuxServer.io repo (installed the linuxserver repo, next installed Portainer).

How can I see if I'm using the ARM version?

I tried Portainer on RPi3:

• LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.0.1.img.gz > working fine.
    • LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20171119210326-#1119-g26c5fad.tar > need to use the workaround from dan_jericho but fine after that.

Tried Portainer on Tronsmart Ara X5 Plus:

• LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20171119210325-#1119-g26c5fad.tar > need to use the workaround from dan_jericho but fine after that.
    • LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170621.img.gz > if I prevent the docker image from being updated it is ok, but once a new image is pulled I see the 'overlayfs: failed to resolve' errors in dmesg.
  • RomMon

I can see just from your command line that you are using an ARM container on x86_64. Anyway, this is not a Docker support thread. I'll see about the qemu emulation issue at some point (could be my systemd version or recent kernel, it used to work), but if you have no specific need to run ARM binaries then you should use x86_64 containers.

• Alternate Skin Shortcuts:

Thank you Waspoeder. Excellent job. This would have saved me a ton of time. This is the simplest solution and will work for any skin. I had to ask Angelinas to modify Aeon MQ6 to add the ability to create Shortcut scripts to his skin. Which he did! but only that skin. I will re-post links for anyone else who is not a programmer like myself. I hope this helps.

Chrome Zometeen

Emulationstation Zometeen

Spotify Zometeen