S812 and others

• kszaq
    Basically I could solve the problem with the bluetooth module on tty. But it still can't find a bluetooth controller. I already used it in the past so I am sure there is one.^^

Does someone have a some knowledge with u-boot? I am asking me how I can adjust it related to the reboot/suspend/power off behaviour? There must be another way to fix these problems instead of patching the kernel (I hope).

The rest is running very fine! I am really impressed. I even got cpu temp readings working.

Are there other S802 owners who want to use their device with LibreElec?

Edited once, last by drieschel (June 6, 2016 at 6:25 PM).

• Hi Drieschel,
    I also have an orbsmart s82 and I'm interrested in getting an libreelec image for this device...

Here you can download my version (based on kszaq's): 7.0.1.2 - It should work on the 8GB version as well as on the 16GB version.

Not working yet:
    - Bluetooth
    - Power off
    - Suspend works but the device restarts after unsuspending

Edited once, last by drieschel (June 6, 2016 at 10:26 PM).

• There are no immediate plans on our side for lots of other Amlogic builds; it's more dependent on the community wanting to rebase and work with us and allow LibreELEC to be a/the vehicle for better collaboration between the disparate individuals releasing stuff. Some do; hence kszaq is working with us and has a dedicated forum area here. I never personally heard of Kerber before so he's definitely not 'joined' LibreELEC. If he'd like to make himself known we'd always be interested in having a chat

If possible, I would like to sponsor builds for the M10 812 an?d the M8Splus. Could you let me know how I could go about supporting the community in general and these builds specifically?

• Does someone have a some knowledge with u-boot? I am asking me how I can adjust it related to the reboot/suspend/power off behaviour? There must be another way to fix these problems instead of patching the kernel (I hope).

I recommend staying out of modifying u-boot as these are very device-specific and your box may brick if you put a wrong u-boot on it. It's something that you can easily recover from using USB Burning Tool but I advise strongly against flashing modifying bootloader unless you have source code from manufacturer specific to your device.

U-boot source from Amlogic FTP is here: GitHub - kszaq/u-boot

From my experience on most boxes you can make suspend work by modifying kernel code, that is at least true with S805 boxes.

As for Bluetooth, you may want to look inside your device to see what chip is used. If it's Realtek 8723BS, support for Bluetooth has been added in my 7.0.1.3 build.

• According to this wiki the bluetooth chip is the BCM20710. So the correct firmware should be the bcm20710a1.hcd which is already included in /lib/firmware/brcm/.

There are imho (minimum) two possibilities why it's not working: The correct module in kernel is missing and/or the bluetooth service can't determine the correct firmware. I am not sure how to continue delimiting the problem.

Edit: Here is my actual kernel config: linux.arm.conf

Related to the suspend problem, I will try but I really don't like the include from "arch/arm/mach-meson8/include/mach/pm.h" into "arch/arm/plat-meson/power.c". I am big fan of more general solutions.^^

Edited once, last by drieschel (June 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM).

• There are imho (minimum) two possibilities why it's not working: The correct module in kernel is missing and/or the bluetooth service can't determine the correct firmware. I am not sure how to continue delimiting the problem.

You may also want to try toggling rfkill before running firmware loader. This should be done by kernel module but who know, maybe it's not working for your device: brcmfmac_sdio/aml: No need to toggle rfkill as it's done by kernel mo… · kszaq/OpenELEC.tv@e296023 · GitHub

Related to the suspend problem, I will try but I really don't like the include from "arch/arm/mach-meson8/include/mach/pm.h" into "arch/arm/plat-meson/power.c". I am big fan of more general solutions.^^

That's exactly my feeling and it's the reason why it's a patch file in project folder and not commit in kernel tree. I'm too lazy to code and export these functions for every meson target in kernel and I don't know if it works for other platforms so I figured out that project patch would be the best solution for it.

• You may also want to try toggling rfkill before running firmware loader. This should be done by kernel module but who know, maybe it's not working for your device: brcmfmac_sdio/aml: No need to toggle rfkill as it's done by kernel mo… · kszaq/OpenELEC.tv@e296023 · GitHub

I almost got bluetooth working now. I only have to figure out how the template service can be enabled automatically for a specific controller, because actually I need to enable it by hand with systemctl enable [email protected]. Do you have a proposal?

Is your bluetooth controller running directly after a reboot or do you have to disable and enable it?

• Good evening,
    I have T8-AML-V3-S (Amlogic S812). I would like to install LibreELEC. Anyone found a working version for this device?
    If yes were can I find the firmware and the installation manual?

Thanks for the support
    V.