Pi 5 - Projector shutting off with CEC disabled

• Bit of an odd issue I'm looking to troubleshoot and looking for suggestions on where to start. I have LibreElec 12.0.1 installed on a Raspberry Pi 5. It's a new deployment/set-up. Through testing over a few weeks I am getting a behavior where my projector is shutting off at a consistent interval during video playback. I need to check exacts again but it's in the 25-30 minute timeframe. Example: 25ish minutes into a longer movie, projector will shut off but my receiver and Pi 5 will continue to play. The playback may stutter a second or two after this happens as well but resumes. There are occasions, maybe once every 5 or 6 times I try, where this does not occur. But it is consistently happening every time outside of that.

At first I thought it may be an issue with CEC and my receiver and projector. However, I have disabled CEC (peripherals) from the input settings in Kodi. CEC is NOT a requirement for my set-up. The behavior persists even after disabling CEC.

I have ruled out the projector itself. The behavior does NOT occur with a Roku I have attached to it nor does it with a Windows-based system running Kodi (Intel NUC).

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on where to begin or what to do next.

• 25ish minutes into a longer movie, projector will shut off but my receiver and Pi 5 will continue to play. The playback may stutter a second or two after this happens as well but resumes.

Just to be clear, the projector shuts off for just a couple of seconds then resumes normally?

hdmi cable would be my first guess. What's the hdmi resolution/refresh rate?

For 4kp60 you do need a high quality cable (and mico hdmi -> full size adaptor if you are using a separate one).

Does it still occur if you force hdmi mode to 1080p?

Other tests would be does the issue occur if you connect straight to projector (no AVR)?

Does the issue occur with a normal TV instead of projector?