[Odroid-C2] Changes in native NFS mounting from LE11 to 12?

• Following the wiki instructions for NFS at https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how-to/mount_network_share I had created some shares on my Odroid C2 LE11. For example a storage-anime.mount file containing:

Do note the lack of any special options. The setup above had worked for years.

After upgrading to LE12 it stopped working, with the following error:

Code
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom systemd[1]: Mounting storage-anime.mount...
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom mount[1347]: mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom mount[1347]: mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom mount[1347]: mount.nfs: Protocol not supported for <nas_ip>:/anime/ on /storage/anime
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom systemd[1]: storage-anime.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom systemd[1]: storage-anime.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Aug 14 14:54:23 bedroom systemd[1]: Failed to mount storage-anime.mount.

Following the hint about using option nolock, I've modified the storage-anime.mount file above to include nolock. It now works, not sure if this can do any damage.

1) Is this behaviour a bug or a feature? IOW, should it be "fixed"?

2) Should the wiki be updated to reflect that at least option nolock should be included?