raspberry pi tools addon doesn't include missing rpi-eeprom-config command

• Hi,

I would like to configure my raspberry pi (LibreElec 11.95.1 12.0 - Kodi 21.0rc1, IPTV Simple Client 21.8.2, Estuary Skin) in a way it needs less energy after shutdown (like suggested in German here: https://u-labs.de/portal/so-verb…-weniger-strom/ ). But trying to use rpi-eeprom-config via ssh leads to a:

sh: rpi-eeprom-config: not found

Would it be possible to include rpi-eeprom-config in the raspberry pi tools addon?
    Or is there another way to install the rpi-eeprom-config command?

Thanks for your help,
    libellE

• Go to Best Answer
  • ...as I can't find an edit option for my first post:

rpi-eeprom-update is missing, too (like mentioned here: RE: bootloader change LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.6 - but I can't find the update firmware option mentioned in this post, too).

Meanwhile I switched to a raspberry pi 3B+ instead of a 4 which shouldn't use to much power after shutdown, so I'm still interested in a solution (for being able to use the advantages of the 4) but no longer in some kind of "need".

The result of vcgencmd bootloader_version is

unknown

Thanks for any help anyway,

libellE

P.S. The purpose is: for a kind of power on/off button I connected a button to PIN 5+6 (GPIO3+GND) and added dtoverlay=gpio-shutdown to /flash/config.txt (after mount -o remount,rw /flash of course). This works just to good for not using it just because of to much power usage...

• rpi-eeprom-config is included in RPi4 and RPi5 images (not in RPi2 though as RPi2/3 don't have bootloader eeproms)

Code
    LibreELEC (official): 11.95.1 (RPi5.aarch64)
    xbmc:~ # which rpi-eeprom-config
    /usr/bin/rpi-eeprom-config
    xbmc:~ # rpi-eeprom-config 
    [all]
    BOOT_UART=1
    POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=1
    BOOT_ORDER=0xf21

so long,

Hias