Can't mount nfs since updated Synology NAS to DSM 7.2

• I decided to update my Synology NAS from DSM 7.1 to DSM 7.2 today and now my auto mount fails with a timeout and I can't work out why. It still works perfectly with my OSMC media box which uses autofs.

LibreElec: 11.0.1

Synology: DSM 7.2-64570 Update 1

my .mount file in system.d looks like this:

[Mount]

# The share we want mount

What=192.168.0.10:/volume1/Multimedia

# Where we want mount this share

Where=/storage/multimedia

# Any options you usually use with the "-o" parameter in the mount command

Options=

# filesystem type

Type=nfs

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

and when I run it I get

systemctl start storage-multimedia.mount

systemctl status storage-multimedia.mount

× storage-multimedia.mount - test nfs mount script

Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/storage-multimedia.mount; enabled; preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Sat 2023-07-22 13:21:10 BST; 3min 20s ago

Where: /storage/multimedia

What: 192.168.0.10:/volume1/Multimedia

CPU: 3ms

Jul 22 13:19:40 MEDIACENTRE systemd[1]: Mounting storage-multimedia.mount...

Jul 22 13:21:10 MEDIACENTRE systemd[1]: storage-multimedia.mount: Mounting timed out. Terminating.

Jul 22 13:21:10 MEDIACENTRE systemd[1]: storage-multimedia.mount: Mount process exited, code=killed, status=15/TERM

Jul 22 13:21:10 MEDIACENTRE systemd[1]: storage-multimedia.mount: Failed with result 'timeout'.

Jul 22 13:21:10 MEDIACENTRE systemd[1]: Failed to mount storage-multimedia.mount.

I am happy to swap to SMB instead but when I try setting it up using the guide I get :

Options=username=kodi,password=<password>,rw,ver=2.1

Type=cifs

Jul 22 13:30:58 MEDIACENTRE mount[1282]: mount: mounting 192.168.0.10:/volume1/Multimedia on /storage/multimedia failed: Invalid argument

As I say it continues to work fine with autofs on osmc

My Synology settings for NFS are:

Does anyone have any ideas of anything else I can check?

Thanks

• Hi there,

have you tried to manually mount the NFS export on your libreElec via console?

Please provide the following output, as it's more helpful to determine what happened.

Bash
    mount -v -t nfs -o vers=3 <server IP>/<nfs export name> /<mount dir on libreelec>

rpcinfo -s <server IP>
    rpcinfo -m <server IP>

I honestly have no experience with Synology NAS - but one thing that catches my eye, you limited your server side (NAS) NFS version to 2 and 3.

You should consider at least allow NFSv4 in addtion. Also I would deactivate NFSv2, if you don't have to support it.

(See their documentation, at least what a quick ddg search got me: https://kb.synology.com/en-global/DSM/…s_nfs?version=7)

• Cheers Joker, Just adding ver=3 to the options in the mount file fixed it! I tried so many options for cifs but not nfs

Options=ver=3

I guess it must try to use an older nfs protocol to connect by default and they have removed support for that now.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.