Tanix TX6 Mini (XR819 WiFi Card) Official Support

• Hi,

I've seen much older threads discussing the topic but nothing conclusive. Is there official support coming for the TX6 Mini? It's not in the list of downloads and the only image I found is referenced from another thread (marked as experimental). I would like to load LibreElec on the EMMC and be able to get updates without flashing again, is this possible?

Tested with the official TX6 image and it seems to work fine just no WiFi (have not tested the remote as I can't seem to find it... but I suspect I will have the same issues another user outlined here as I presume the TX6 remote config has to be overwritten).

Also is DT patch still needed to get higher GPU frequency? Not that I know what the DT patch is or how to apply it, just wondering if it made it's way into a release yet.

My device is actually a replica, branded "BAOBAB". Seems to be mostly the same as the TX6 Mini (sticker says TX6-A as well). The main difference I could see from an image someone else linked is the little LED type screen on the front. Attached some images.

Apologies if I've missed something, new to LibreElec. Just wanted to breathe some safe open source life into what was probably a virus filled TV Box. Figured I'd post here to see if we can get WiFi working before I start running cables through the ceiling...

• My mistake!!! This does not seem to be a TX6 Mini but rather a TX6-A. Did not realize they shared the same WiFi chip. Mods please assist in changing the title.

Also disregard anything I've said in the post regarding previous TX6 Mini threads as this obviously is no longer relevant. The WiFi chip seems to be the main not working thing they have in common.