[LE10][RPi4] Hardware acceleration causing stream audio desync

• Using RPi4 and LE 10.0.3

I am having trouble correctly setting up hardware acceleration so that h.265 video files work and streaming (youtube, twitch) as well.

When I enable "Allow using DRM PRIME decoder" and its sub option h265 is hardware accelerated and 4k works. However YouTube and Twitch streams start having audio desync.

Then I tried to change "PRIME Render Method" from "Direct to plane" and made it "EGL". This fixed the audio sync issues with streams but now h265 video files are black screens and only audio.

Am I missing something in my config/settings or could it be a bug?

• Either of these two things fixes it - changing the display resolution to 1920x1080 or changing the refresh rate to something different than 23.9. I don't know why this way it works.

So I did both as it was actually the recommended thing to set your display resolution to 1920x1080 and set the refresh rate to 60.

Do have in mind that you may see a black screen flicker when opening the GUI while watching something with different refresh rate. To fix that you need to set the player's "Adjust Refresh" rate to not be "always" (the recommendation is "start/stop"). This way only when you stop the video you will see black screen flicker if the refresh of the video is different than 60. This is because it switches from the video refresh rate to the display refresh rate.

Reference article for the settings here.