Migrate to bigger card

• Hello guys,

I have installed LibreELEC 10.0.2 on small 8GB microSD card. I would like to migrate it to bigger 32GB, but without the need of configuration of all the stuff. Can you please help me, how to achieve this?

Thank you very much.

• I guess it's a install on an Pi ?

a raw answer would be:

1. create a backup via LE config tool

2. install on the new SD a fresh LE (and maybe configure keyboard, time/date, ssh/samba)

3. install the addon's you had on the old sdcard [1]

4. copy (not move) the backup from the old sdcard to the newer into the folder named /storage/backup

5. restore the backup via LE config tool

6. copy (not move) your media from the old sdcard to the new sdcard (same folder name(s))

7. restart

8. check your settings, media, etc.

hint: "not move" is for backup reason: keep the elder sdcard intact until the newer is working as you expect !

[1]

I'm unsure here !

I currently don't know if the addon's are included in the backup - I guess yes, but I'm unsure -

Question for me is (if not):

when no addons are installed at all and you restore the backup (included the config files for a addon) before you have the addon's itself installed I could imagine that the config files for that addon's (which came from the backup) getting overwritten or resetted with the default config files during installation.

or somewhat shorter:

when a addon is updated the config files for this addon remain unchanged !

but what happen if I have only the config files from a addon, but the addon itself isn't installed.

What happens now with the config file of the addon when I install it ?

reset to defaults or user adjustments remain unchanged ?

to be on a save(r) side I do step 3. before 5.

maybe unnecessary at all ?!

but you kept the elder sdcard intact, didn't you ? ;)

• If you have a Windows computer you could use Win 32 Disk imager and make a backup of your SD card. As long as the new card is larger than the card you are cloning, it should work fine. You juse clone the 8 GB card and then write to the 32 GB card and it will copy over the image to the new card.