[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi all,

new build available with:

- linux 5.10.155

- mesa 22.2.4

- added RTL8188FU wireless driver (untested but requested by ykaj )

- various small fixes

- updated libreelec to the latest upstream changes

Cheers

Michele

• Your newest build works like a charm, wifi and all.

Thanks for including the requested driver and bringing my old TV box fully back into life!

Best regards!

• Hi wmaster.4g,

I'm very happy that you managed to make a build of lakka. It runs well!??! I tried it a while ago, and it wasn't bad at all. Have you thought about posting a thread in the official forum (https://forums.libretro.com/c/libretro/lakka-tv-general/25)?!

Hi!

I have a few of these TV sticks with ssv6051/nand/1gb ram

Lakka works better than i expected but i can build only version 4.3

PSX emulation is almost perfect, everything that I need works

I couldn't get any of the bluetooth adapters to work

I was thinking about where to post these builds, but there are no threads on the lakka forum with unofficial builds.

• Hi wmaster.4g

as already mentioned, this is not the place to open a thread related to your fork of lakka.

The lakka forum is not well organized as the libreelec forum, because it only has a generic section.

So I think it's enough to open an ad-hoc thread here

• Hi wmaster.4g

as already mentioned, this is not the place to open a thread related to your fork of lakka.

The lakka forum is not well organized as the libreelec forum, because it only has a generic section.

So I think it's enough to open an ad-hoc thread here

Okay, I'll think about making a topic, but I do not need it, Lakka was built for myself, I just came into this thread to thank the author and report that the tree device building with branch 4.3.

• Okay, I'll think about making a topic, but I do not need it, Lakka was built for myself, I just came into this thread to thank the author and report that the tree device building with branch 4.3.

You can open a new thread. Post links to your work, and describe what you do.

• I just tried the latest version and it works very well before I read it didn't allow me to run vp9 correctly but now it works very well 720p (I haven't tried 1080p yet I think it would be abusing) with the Netflix plugin box v88 4k

Thank you!

• Hi markosc,

I received a box that had problems similar to yours and finally managed to fix it.

As for Netflix and addons for drm protected content, resolutions(HDMI output and streaming) higher than 720p work, but the playback is not fluid because the decoding is all done via software and the box can't handle it.

• I dont get it.

I have run it from an SD card and it is working fine on my "MXQ Pro 4k 5g" tv box. but as soon i write it to the eMMC with the Multitool. it aint working.

It gives me a screen (sometimes) it is reseizing the filesystem, but as soon it restarts there is no image annymore. And other times it is not working at all.

i even tryed all images from 9.2 and 9.80. but also with no luck.

What am i'm doing wrong here?

• Hi SN33KY,

you probably have a box that mounts an internal EMCP memory.

This type of memory differs slightly from the classic emmc (on the board you should see a single chip for internal and ddr memory).

Unfortunately, I do not have a box of this type, but it would be helpful a log(https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/log-files) generated starting from the SD card.

I want to check if it's a detection problem or something else.

thanks

Michele

• Hi ilmich

Still haven't got my hands on a 3228 or 3229.. but the people who sold me the 3128 refunded the money but let me keep the unit. It's pretty light on.. 3128 with 1GB of RAM and 4GB storage ... But I only plan to use this as a headless Kodi for local music only and a snapclient when we have people around.

So... I'm happy to beta test any images for 3128 when you get around to it.

No hurry here..

• Hello Michele,

You can find the logfiles here: http://ix.io/4hXz

This MXQ pro 4k 5g tv box has been purchased recently., so it is possible that this is a new model with other kind of storage/eMMC. It has been sold as a 4GB/64GB model and Android 10.

Another ting, the internal Wifi is not working. But currently using a old USB wifi stick that is working.

I hope i can install it on the internal storage in the future, as a SD card sticking out is uneccesary.

Thanks,

Jasper

Edited once, last by SN33KY (December 7, 2022 at 10:52 AM).

• Hi SN33KY,

thanks for the log.

Here I see that you are using a 4GB sd card and your internal memory is 8GB (which is the norm for these boxes and probably the seller put in false characteristics).

Then everything is detected correctly.

As for the installation via multitool, the procedure is

- erase the internal memory with the dedicated option

- flash the image

did you do it this way?!

• hello Michel,

I think the seller indeed sold me fake hardware. not 4GB but only 1, not 64GB internal memory, but only 8.

i did forget the "erase internal memory" part in my previous attempts.

But now i tried it again with the "Multitool" wit the erasing step first. But same result. Nothing on screen and blue led keeps on (only power and HDMI connected to the box).

Steps i followed:

- Format "multitool.img.xz" to a SD card with rufus.

- Put the file "LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-10.0-nightly-20221122-32b2e05-rk322x.img.gz" in the image file folder on the SD card

- Put the SD card in the tv box SD card reader, and boot the tv box.

- erased the internal memory with the dedicated option like you told

- Installed the image on memory withe "Burn image to flash" option

- Shut down tv box with the menu.

- Remove SD card and booted the tv box.

Edited 3 times, last by SN33KY: added the steps followed (December 7, 2022 at 12:16 PM).

• hi SN33KY, do you have an A-to-A USB cable!? Do you normally use linux or windows!?

I recently discovered a problem with the boot and NAND memory (which is not your case) that prevent libreelec from starting correctly (it was necessary to flash an ad-hoc loader afterward). I'm currently on a short vacation and can't share the fix with you. But if you have what I asked you can try to flash a loader using rockchip tools in order to better understand the problem.

• Hey SN33KY

There's a lot of mislabelled MXQ devices.

I suggest the easiest way to check is install one of the Hardware INFO apps from Play store to show you what is really installed (this is the easiest)..

I ended up with a RK3128 with only 4GB of storage and 1GB of RAM, even though Android itself reports 64GB and 4GB respectively.

I have installed Kodi from Android and Snapclient.. which does what I want (as I just want a music player, either playing from the local library standalone, or playing everything via Mopidy).. SO - I don't trust the device and it is not allowed to make calls out to the internet.

I will probably create a VLAN for all my media devices anyway to restrict the ability of these devices to talk to each other..