[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi all,

new build available with:

- updated libreelec source (10.0.2)

- ssv6051p wireless driver

- other fixes and small optimizations

Hi,

I tested the new build and I can confirm that it works (also ssv6051p wifi is ok, even if, quite strangely, I cannot ping the device and I cannot access via ssh over wlan interface, but outbound Internet connection is ok)

Thank you

Regards

• Hi,

I tested the new build and I can confirm that it works (also ssv6051p wifi is ok, even if, quite strangely, I cannot ping the device and I cannot access via ssh over wlan interface, but outbound Internet connection is ok)

Thank you

Regards

It is my opinion that it is strangely refusing to answer ARP "whois" network requests; once the 6051p successfully sends a packet onto the network, other network hosts discovers the MAC address of the 6051p and switches can finally route packets correctly.

• Hi ilmich,

I've tested my box with your build which supported NAND but there was no luck until now.

I'm running version 9 from knaerzche with unusual installation process (my box with NAND and without sd card slot): write legacy-uboot @2000, write trust-os @4000, boot @8000 and storage @108000 sector. Boot and storage are stripped out off libreelec image.

I did the same for lastest version 10 build but no luck.

Hopefully you can help me with it.

Thanks!

• Hi ilmich and all,

I've been dealing with LibreElec and the unofficial builds for the last two weeks. Very impressive work! I am a long time Linux user and had faith that it could bring my old mxq4kpro back to life :)

I installed the 20220310 build but had no luck in activating the ssv6051 module. I am almost sure that my box has this chip because I was able to activate it with Ambian using kernel 4.4

The kernel log - attached - is quite the same as before (the driver complains about an unexpected register value). Tried changing the device tree to rk3229-box, rk3229-box-mxq4kpro and rk3229-box-mxq4kpro-ovclk but also no luck

Can anyone help? Maybe I forgot some configuration, newbie at LibreElec...

Thank you!

• Hi, sorry for the late reply, but I took a little break :)

JoeEdison cec should be enabled. My box does not support it, but if you tell me that with the legacy it worked I try to take a look.

alexwhites wifi gives me problems too, I'll try to understand where is the problem (i think jock2 is right about the cause)

dale tell me which legacy image works for you. I suspect universal dtb has some problem with your board.

• Mich my box Mxq 3 and 32 giga and with ap 6051 goes with the installation and with the wify but it is very unstable or it freezes or restarts every two minutes, I hope it can improve something and thank you so much for your great work.

• hi MIKMXIII, unfortunately in the last build I changed some kernel parameters which led to some regressions. If you don't need the driver for the 6051p try the previous build. However there are some important changes upstream, as soon as they are released I will update my build. thanks for your patience.

tsbarcelos it seems you have a different chip version than the one supported by the driver. a lot of my patches come from armbian, and unfortunately not having a box with that chip I can't help much. For now, I advise you to use an external wifi.

dale i don't know why you didn't install my build directly in nand / emmc (previous backup). But keep in mind that:

- the mainline kernel needs a partition table to work (legacy doesn't)

- I haven't seen your device tree yet .. but the legacy ones obviously can't work on mainline kernels. try to use mine directly.

• Hi dale, yes... my images contains miniloader, uboot, trustos... in short, it can be flashed directly on the nand / emmc with the various rockchip tools.

I always recommend for those who want to make a backup.

edit: and to assume all the risks involved. the tests were done on a board with nand (mine) and a board with emmc (thanks jock2) so it works. But the rk3229 boards are so many that is difficult for me to give you a certainty, apart that you can't hard brick the board (you can ever go back to another working firmware)

• Hi dale, yes... my images contains miniloader, uboot, trustos... in short, it can be flashed directly on the nand / emmc with the various rockchip tools.

I always recommend for those who want to make a backup.

edit: and to assume all the risks involved. the tests were done on a board with nand (mine) and a board with emmc (thanks jock2) so it works. But the rk3229 boards are so many that is difficult for me to give you a certainty, apart that you can't hard brick the board (you can ever go back to another working firmware)

Thank you.I will give it a try and get back to you soon!

• Thank you.I will give it a try and get back to you soon!

Use multitool it works very well.

https://users.armbian.com/jock/rk322x/multitool/multitool.img.xz

More info here

CSC Armbian for RK322X TV Boxes
    DISCLAIMER (PLEASE READ): everything you can find in this thread (binaries, texts, code snippets, etc...) are provided AS-IS and are not part of official…
    forum.armbian.com

Of course we replace armbian by libreelec ;)

Edited once, last by JoeEdison: Merged a post created by JoeEdison into this post. (March 16, 2022 at 5:55 PM).

• Hello @ilmich,

Some bugs or benefits were found, not sure what this is, so far :)

Anyway, I see when box is suspended it can be woken up by any type of remote and any type of key.

Not sure if that's how it was meant to be, but I think it's not good when you are trying to turn off a TV, for example, box is waking up.

And second one is that the box wakes up automatically every 20-24 hrs. Not sure if only I have those issues. Please confirm, guys, if someone has the same.

• Hi ilmich,

I've tried to flash directly your build with various dtb including my custom dtb as well, but nothing happened.

When I tried flash uboot, trustos, system and storage images separately with my custom dtb, I could see the power led & lan port led on but no display signal.

I suspect either my uboot/trustos images or my custom dtb is wrong. Could you please send me separated uboot and trustos images so that i can try again?

Thank you so much!

Hi JoeEdison I never succeeded with multitool

• hi dale, can you please explain your procedure?! are you using some sort of rockchip flash tool?!

Sadly I don't understand if you have erased flash and burn my image, or you are trying to flash manually every single pieces (this second method never works)

U-Boot, trustos, miniloader are in the TAR version of my builds.

• hi dale, can you please explain your procedure?! are you using some sort of rockchip flash tool?!

Sadly I don't understand if you have erased flash and burn my image, or you are trying to flash manually every single pieces (this second method never works)

U-Boot, trustos, miniloader are in the TAR version of my builds.

Hi, the second method is exactly what I made my box work for LE9 (with my custom dtb). You are correct, I'm using rkdeveloptool to flash piece by piece with proper partition table. With LE10 using same method with my custom dtb, I can get power led on but LE seemed not to want to boot up. The same thing happened using your uboot trustos and miniloader.

I suspect that my custom dtb is not compatible with LE10. Can you please take a look at it? I will really appreciate.

Using rkdeveloptool to write your whole build img into sector 0x0, nothing happened.