[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• Hi,

I tested your kernel, but I still have a green screen

Like you said for testing I'm using an old ACER tv monitor probably with some bugs.

Thank you

Hi ilmich,

I did some more tests using a different monitor (a new LG TV) and the results are the same: green screen.
    Also your suggestion to add

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720

on the extlinux.conf is not working anymore (maybe the difference is the new build)

I can add that if I boot the stock android or LE 9.2 from SD everything works correctly, using the same cable and monitor

Thank you

Regards

Edited once, last by alexwhites (February 23, 2022 at 8:41 PM).

• Hi alexwhites,

after some research, i realized that maybe the problem lies in the rgb <--> yuv conversion.

In practice, the TV communicates, via edid, that this resolution is in a format and therefore the driver behaves accordingly.

In your case it looks like the TV sets itself in one format, but the driver in another and hence the colors busted.

I did not understand if the problem is in the kernel or in the TV, however the legacy driver should force the output in rgb format.

I try to do the same thing and see if it works.

EDIT: try this kernel

testing – Google Drive

• Hi ilmich ,

I tried the new kernel but I didn't have good results: a dark grey screen both with the original extlinux.conf and with the modified one.

I tested two different TV/monitor with the same result.

Regards

• ilmich "virtual power off is not abandoned, just I need more time."

Take your time man

ilmich "but for now I recommend you to use a usb wifi device. Sorry"

Why sorry, you do your best... ;)

Thank you for what you do for our old boxes.

I'm going to install it on my MXQ PRO 4k rk3229 and I tell you... :thumbup:

• hi alexwhites,

I'm trying to upgrade the kernel, and in the meantime see if I can backport any patches from the rockchip kernel. But the box, despite the unwatchable screen, still works !? Can you send the output of the dmesg command ?!

JoeEdison although old, with libreelec my box is still usable. And I think with libreelec 11 things could get even better :)

• hi alexwhites,

I'm trying to upgrade the kernel, and in the meantime see if I can backport any patches from the rockchip kernel. But the box, despite the unwatchable screen, still works !? Can you send the output of the dmesg command ?!

JoeEdison although old, with libreelec my box is still usable. And I think with libreelec 11 things could get even better :)

Hi ilmich ,

no it seems that the box gets stuck and cannot finish booting since I don't see dhcp requests coming from its mac address

Thank you
    Regards

• Hi alexwhites can you please try with another build (for example this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1omh0Yz…cSuIILHqf43DgPu)?!.

In recent builds I have tried to change the cpu voltages a bit. Maybe that's the problem.

Hi ilmich ,

the result is the same also with the older build using both version of the extlinux.conf.

It's quite strange, because I was able to boot correctly at least once with one of the older builds and the modified extlinux.conf file, and if I boot the stock android or LE 9.2 from SD everything works correctly, using the same cable and monitor

Thank you

Regards

• For now, yes, even if support for nand is around the corner 8)

alexwhites, it's strange to me too. try the very first build, the one without ddr3 support.

edit: can you please tell me the exact legacy image that works!?

Ok je compte sur toi...ça doit te prendre un temps fou...

Sorry, I'm french... ;)

Ok I'm counting on you...it must take you a long time... :thumbup:

• For now, yes, even if support for nand is around the corner 8)

alexwhites, it's strange to me too. try the very first build, the one without ddr3 support.

edit: can you please tell me the exact legacy image that works!?

Hi ilmich,

the legacy image that I'm using is the LE 9.2 image by Knaerzche, but I tested this image:

LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20220124165557-3ce5dd4-rk3229-v88mars.img.gz

and it also works.

Also the very first build of LE10 works (but no wifi)

• Hi ilmich,

the legacy image that I'm using is the LE 9.2 image by Knaerzche, but I tested this image:

LibreELEC-RK322x.arm-9.2-devel-20220124165557-3ce5dd4-rk3229-v88mars.img.gz

and it also works.

Also the very first build of LE10 works (but no wifi)

Do you have the chance to post a link to the original firmware or an upgrade firmware for your box?