HDR on x86 Hardware

• Go to Best Answer
  • Working very well on my NUC8i3BEH NUCs (x 2) via 1GBE to Synology NAS.

I tested 4K HDR movies with Atmos and DTS-HDMA and multichannel music (FLAC and Atmos .M4A).

Thanks again for these HDR builds!

• Hi,

after installing this build over the latest stable 10.0.1 I cant't login via ssh anymore. Neither my key is accepted nor the standard root password. Any hint?

OK, after setting the password via GUI I'm able to connect again. BUT: Why is my key no longer accepted?

Second one: There is no xrandr installed, so I can't set my graphics to RGB Full. Did this happen on purpose or by accident?

Edited once, last by wwessel: Further information (January 27, 2022 at 10:52 AM).

• Hi

I just thought that i give this alpar a try

so I update from 10.1. to this test version experienced several issues

my system is info is as follows:

GPU Mesa Intel(R) UHD GPU 630 (CFLGT2)

CPU Intel (R) COre(TM)15-8500 [email protected]

the motherboard has two ports for HDMI 2.0 and 1.4 current connect is 2.0

TV TCL 75' Class8-series 4k QLED Dolby vision HDR Roku smart TV -75Q825

To the issues that experienced as follows:

First when click play on 4k HDR the screen will go blanked for few mins before the movies begin play

Secondly, the displayed is washed as compared to regular 1080p,

Thirdly, when stopped playing movies Kodi will go off for a while (did not timed the duration) then come back meaning the displayed

Fourthly, IPTV simple the at is working on Kodi 10.1 is disable and RTMP

Movies and Tv shows play back works for every movies type besides 4k HDR

hastebin

debug log

hastebin

Edited 2 times, last by e123enitan1 (January 28, 2022 at 7:03 AM).

• I am successfully running this build on an Intel NUC 7 i3 and a NUC 7 celeron (J4005). Viewing 4k hdr content via Gb ethernet and wifi from NAS work without issue. Looks and sounds great.

Thanks smp!

• cool thanks again smp and irusak :thumbup:

I'm currently running previous build 202110020222733-d3745e7 the other day I tried to play a dolby vision file but it played as purple/green. I have a https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us…nuc11paki5.html which has iris xe supporting hdmi 2.0a.

TV is a sony x90j with the connecting port set to dolby vision. XboxSX works with DV on the same port.

smp Is there something I need to do to enable your build(s) to play dolby vision files ? Is there any support ?

Cheers mate

• Is there something I need to do to enable your build(s) to play dolby vision files ? Is there any support ?

You can write code for the Linux media framework and FFMpeg to support Dolby Vision!

In other words, right now there is no support.

• Just wondering if this works with Nvidia cards if I’m not looking for hardware acceleration. I’m perfectly happy with software decoding as I’m using a Xeon 1270 v2 with a gt1030.

EDIT: I tried it, but it crashes at the installer.

Edited once, last by RenEH (February 10, 2022 at 5:26 AM).

• Just wondering if this works with Nvidia cards if I’m not looking for hardware acceleration. I’m perfectly happy with software decoding as I’m using a Xeon 1270 v2 with a gt1030.

EDIT: I tried it, but it crashes at the installer.

Wrong thread this is for Intel/AMD build