HDR on x86 Hardware

• Do you have a copy of the librelec 10 build. I would love to try it. Thanks..is it stable?

Hi!

I believe this is the build I had: LINK

But based on the file name, I think it is a 11.0 build... I recommend the latest instead (linked in the first post).

Br,

G.

• I am currently using this build with an USB 3.0 HDD and mounted its NTFS partition. It works, but not very reliably.

I plan to move to another external HDD, but this time I want a separate partition for the movies and music. What is the recommended file system for this LibreElec + Kodi setup? I thought ext4 or exFAT would be better than NTFS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

G.

• If the drive will be used exclusively with LE, ext4 would be preferred. If you need to move it between LE and Windows, exFAT or NTFS are the only options. LE11 should be using the upstream NTFS drivers now (not FUSE) which should make NTFS a lot faster.

• If the drive will be used exclusively with LE, ext4 would be preferred. If you need to move it between LE and Windows, exFAT or NTFS are the only options. LE11 should be using the upstream NTFS drivers now (not FUSE) which should make NTFS a lot faster.

Thanks very much for the quick response! :cool:

• Hello, I'm using LE11 with Jellyfin Add-ons, Which connects my NAS with Jellyfin server. When I watch the Movie or TV in the Jellyfin Server,or enter into the Jellyfin Add-on page to set something, the kodi will crashed and restart. When repeated the LE11 will reboot into the safe mode. But this not happened in official LE10.0.2 build. Anyone konws the problem?

The Log file is here Log File.

• Hello, I'm using LE11 with Jellyfin Add-ons, Which connects my NAS with Jellyfin server. When I watch the Movie or TV in the Jellyfin Server,or enter into the Jellyfin Add-on page to set something, the kodi will crashed and restart. When repeated the LE11 will reboot into the safe mode. But this not happened in official LE10.0.2 build. Anyone konws the problem?

The Log file is here Log File.

Probably something to do with jellyfin and the kodi alpha build,

I've been contemplating installing emby or jellyfin, I currently have mysql setup with libre and smp builds, apart from syncing playback resume what's it like having the dedicated addon (when it works?:-P)

I'm using home assistant to move things around through the kodi.call_method which connects to kodis API.

So I can tell echo im going to another room then it'll grab what's playing then start another kodi box and start that file from the point i left. was fun to get it working but it's less hassle than having emby/etc installed. OR is it? I can do it with files but I can't get a playlist and playlist.add to another box for whatever reason. THat's more of a HA json yaml issue but yeah.

Maybe jellyfin/emby can do this

• I am running Kodi/Win install which gives me trouble with HDR.

Just got the advice to try Libreelec 10.0.2 for reference.

Found in the wiki that 10.0 does not support HDR.

Now, is that still true?

Or should try this built here?

Hardware is Asrock Deskmini A300

Athlon 3000G with Radeon Vega Graphics

• My HDR under Windows looks sh*t, pale.

All devices show HDR10 mode though. Windows, AVR, TV.

Any thoughts?

and, 2nd question:

does it make sense to install a libreelec hdr build on this hardware:

hastebin

?

Edited once, last by novalis (April 24, 2022 at 5:00 PM).

• Last time I used Kodi on Windows was maybe 9-years ago so I'll avoid commenting. And LE is designed to test-boot from a USB key so the best way to find out whether anything makes sense or works is creating a USB and having a go yourself.

• I too wonder if there are any working links for version 10 with the HDR patches applied?

I tried the version 11 one in the first post and its causing some errors with addons that results in crashes, which I assume is something to do with it being based on an alpha Nexus build. Library content seems to be OK. Ive scoured the forum and all the previous links that have been posted are no longer valid as far as I can tell.

If someone could help me out it would be very much appreciated. Happy to provide logs of the errors if that is helpful for development but from what I read that wasnt something that was being requested.

• hdr with the 11.0 build doesnt work on my build ryzen 3400g the motherboard supports hdmi 2.0 and the hdmi cable works with nvidia shield hdr, i dont use the shield its slow not enough ram.

any ideas? thanx