Could I get some help logging in to Youtube addon please?

• You may well be right - But I use two browsers simultaneously most of the time, one of them doesn't have me logged into YT and the videos play the same as the other browser where I am logged-in. How is that different to LE not being logged-in and requesting to play a video?

You need to log a ticket with the add-on developer, as LE doesn't maintain the YouTube add-on.

Tubed is another add-on you can check out, it uses a shared API key that is already embedded in the add-on, it's written by the same person who maintains the YouTube add-on.

GitHub - anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube: Watch your favorite YouTube content on Kodi
    Watch your favorite YouTube content on Kodi. Contribute to anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com
  • Ta, I'll try Tubed.

And with no surprise to me, that doesn't work either.
    "Error: quota exceeded"

So I'm allowed to watch zero videos?

Edited once, last by Billzilla: Merged a post created by Billzilla into this post. (January 16, 2022 at 3:04 AM).

• Google restricts the number of Google API searches that can be made per-day with applications. Developers of registered Google API using apps can purchase access to higher numbers of searches, or they can request a free bump to higher tiers and then it's up to Google to grant the request. The net result is .. both the YouTube and Tubed add-ons are wildly more popular than the current tier of requests allowed, and when the free quota is used you see the warning. Neither add-on is going to pay for searches, so the workaround is for you to register with Google for a personal developer account, and then you can have your own API keys with their own quota. You will find instructions for this online. Once you get YouTube add-on working Tubed can/will use the same API key files. It sucks, but unless Google decides to grant Tubed a larger quota, there is nothing the developers (or LE, or Kodi) can do.

• I can't login to youtube. Followed all instructions to create an API-Key. Then on OAuth login, I get an error "Invalid client" and "wrong client id". I should look at settings API ID. Yeah, the client id is wrong. But I typed in the right.

Right ID: 4***********do.apps.googleusercontent.com

The part ".apps.googleusercontent.com" is cutted automatically when initiating login.