9.97.1 RPi4 Ethernet Issue

• The problem has been analyzed, and it seems like it only appears when a static IP has been selected, which is already in use. So it's probably a network issue, not a bug.

When getting the auto-connect issue, login to your router, and have a look at the used IP's. If you did the LE setup for static IP usage, but the desired IP is already in use, auto-connect can't work by design.

• When I use static IP, I try change address many times. I even try’s address from another subnet. All those address does not match DHCP pool. I try use DHCP. Nothing works. Thanks to “twinpeaksr”, only “connman” helps me to resolve this issue.

• When I use static IP, I try change address many times. I even try’s address from another subnet. All those address does not match DHCP pool. I try use DHCP. Nothing works. Thanks to “twinpeaksr”, only “connman” helps me to resolve this issue.

Can you provide a link to a kodi.log please? I'm using 9.2.8 on RPi, and it works fine there. Our dev's have tested latest 10.0, and they had no issue. Have you done a fresh install of 10.0, as mentioned in the release notes?

• In the beginning, I installed version 9.95.5 and everything worked. Then I upgraded to 9.97.1 and at some point the network stopped working. AutoStart was not enabled. Tell me how to make a log for you? After changing the settings by "connman', everything is working now.

• Tell me how to make a log for you?

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I have the exact same issue on my RPi4, with LibreELEC 10.0.0.

On the wired connection, the "Connect automatically" option is off and switching it on (and saving!) wasn't working (when opening the settings again it was off).

I found a way to fix it, but it does not answer why it cannot be fixed in the gui.

I found a settings file in connman:

it shows what I saw in the gui, AutoConnect=false. Changing that to AutoConnect=true and rebooting caused the network to connect with no issues and both the external DB and media is working as expected.

I did notice the permissions are restrictive on the file, but that should not cause this issue. Is there something specific to my system that caused this or is this an error in the code?

Code
    Tyr:~/.cache/connman/ethernet_e45f0101f147_cable # ls -ahl
    total 3K
    drwx------    2 root     root        1.0K Feb  2 09:40 .
    drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root        1.0K Feb  2 09:32 ..
    -rw-------    1 root     root         325 Feb  2 09:40 settings

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this fix twinpeaksr! It worked like a charm!

It was really frustrating to have to manually connect to the wired network at every reboot...

• Possible but not recommended.

You have to mount the second, ext4 formatted partition and unzip to <mount point>/.kodi/addons.

After installing the addon autoconnect is still disabled and must be enabled one time.

You have to mount the second, ext4 formatted partition and unzip to <mount point>/.kodi/addons.

After installing the addon autoconnect is still disabled and must be enabled one time.

Thanks so much for your reply. I understand the instructions as far as using the ssh terminal to gain access to the rpi but I'm unfamiliar on how to transfer the zip file and to where before using the terminal commands given in the above link?

• If I remove the microsd and place it in a card reader can I extract the zip folder directly into storage/.kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings and expect the fix to work on the next boot?

You will need an operating system with that card reader that can read/write EXT4 drives, because Windows is too dumb to understand Linux partitions. By default anyways. Any USB bootable 'live' Linux distro such as Ubuntu can do that for you.

but I'm unfamiliar on how to transfer the zip file and to where before using the terminal commands given in the above link

Once running, you can do all the above in the live Linux distro with a couple of mouse clicks via the File Manager in the Linux distro.

• You can use e.g. SMB or SFTP to transfer the file.

Or C/P the download url and use wget from the console:

Code
    wget https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/files/7654397/service.libreelec.settings-<VERSION>-<DATE>.zip

Hi there. I am just wondering where I need to enable autoconnect to get this fix to work?

• Hi there. I am just wondering where I need to enable autoconnect to get this fix to work?

Open Connection tab of LibreELEC Configuration Addon. Select your connection and open menu with Enter. Choose Edit, enable autoconnect and Save.