Resolution Issue after New Installation with 2 TV ...

• Moin, I think I found a small bug that occurs immediately after a new installation (for me under x86)

I install LibreElec on another TV with a resolution of 1280xXX (I'm not sure if the resolution is important)

When I installed everything (I write it as it was with me) then used it and then changed the TV (connected the device to another TV) the system starts normally and you can also start add-ons and watch films The whole system hangs for about 5 minutes and no longer reacts to anything. The system can only be restarted via the power plug.

If I go to Settings after the restart - System is immediately asked Keep resolution even though nothing has been pressed, then the system sets the resolution to 1920xXX for me and everything works without problems!

But I don't have a log that happened 3 times after the reinstallation ... Reinstallation with a lower resolution, switch to a TV with a higher resolution, start film / TV - the system hangs!

The system runs stably after you have switched to the system and confirmed the immediate popup with YES!

Maybe you can check this issue!

Regards

• Official Post

LE is getting a list of available HDMI modes at system start from the connected TV / monitor. If you hot-plug another HDMI device after that process, you have to expect unwanted behavior. So I don't think it's an issue.

If it's acceptable to you to use a common HDMI mode for both TV's, you can configure LE to just use that fixed mode. It should solve the "issue".

• Hi Da Flex

we dont talk from hot plug ...

- install from USB

- install some Addons

- Shut Down the Device

- unplug Power Adapter

- Change the TV

- Plugin Power Adapter

- Plugin the HDMI Cable

- Boot the Device

- LibreElec registrated the new Resolution (i see on my TV wimhich resolution he used!

Start a Movie and after 5 to 10 minutes the System Hangs

The system dont Hangs if you go after change the TV under System and accept the new resolution with Yes!

May is not issue but i change the Monitor / TV from all other Device after a shut down without Problem! I think LibreElec registration the new resolution but dont write this in the config .. so maybe the system have trouple ... I dont know .. i want inform the crew about this issue in my eyes!

Edited once, last by Semiotik (June 22, 2021 at 5:46 PM).

• Official Post

Then it's an unknown bug. I move this thread to the Bug Reports sub-forum.

To locate the issue, we need further info. Please do this:

1. activate debug logging at GUI
    2. reproduce the error
    3. login by SSH
    4. run pastekodi
    5. post the resulting link