No sound in Chrome...ALMOST solved

• The 'plughw' solution works instantly on some sites, but requires many refreshes on others - there must be one small thing I can do to make it work first time for most sites

[This refers to the solution offered here, for the problem of Chrome not playing audio in videos]

Hey champions, I've been meaning to ask this for ages...

I got some luck out of the above method of turning on 'use custom audio device' and adding in the info 'plughw:'

In this case 'plughw:0,3', which i found after great effort trying many combos.

The thing is...IT WORKS, but to get it to work on many key sites, you have to refresh the page many times.

I was hoping for some guidance on this - I reckon there must be a fix for this that makes it work every time.

EXAMPLES:

It works on this site almost every time, first go:

Watch the latest international news top stories and headlines - France 24

But on this site, you often have to refresh the page five times or so:

Planet America : ABC iview

There must be a way to make it work on the second site as well as the first site.

Chrome 9.2.0.101

(I know this addon is not updated but I actually use it EVERY SINGLE DAY, and prefer using Kodi and Chrome to watch online TV over my own Android TCL TV interface, which they have also tried to update with advertising.)

?thumbnail=1

?thumbnail=1

• I'm having some chrome sound issues too. After putting in the custom audio device and then adding it into chrome-start script with the nano command, I now realized it is working fine if I first go to youtube. Somehow this activates the audio. So in the end, it wasn't a setting issue, but it was actually the problem you described here.

Any update on progress on this?