Dreambox/Dreambox2 S922X device-tree experiments

• Thank you so much, this was EXACTLY the problem! The DTB I was building my DTB off of wasn't covering the BL32 memory range in the reserved memory. Expanding secmon's range to include BL32 fixed the crashes.

Can I get your input on one other DTB issue that I suspect is BL31/BL32 related. I get SCPI timeouts during boot (4 x 10sec).

Code
    [ 11.281127@0]- Warning: scpi wait ack time out 0
    [ 21.521118@0]- Warning: scpi wait ack time out 0
    [ 31.761129@0]- Warning: scpi wait ack time out 0
    [ 42.001122@0]- Warning: scpi wait ack time out 0

I can eliminate these by removing the Meson MHU/Mailbox node. Reading about the node, it seems like it's probably an important one. Do you have any idea what might lead to SCPI timeouts?

Or more simply, what might be the consequence of deleting the node? At the moment I'm not observing any consequences.

• That's a little beyond my knowledge, but FWIW i've never seen those timeouts on other G12B devices using the kernel (and u-boot) sources that LE has been using for ages. I'd suggest you post the Q to the linux-amlogic kernel mailing list.

• Thank you, yeah I should have mentioned I'm currently working with CE. The SCPI error comes from send_scpi_cmd in scpi_protocol.c. Their scpi_protocol.c file appears to be a mashup of g12b/a, and SM1/2, T7 files. Those warnings aren't present in the g12b/a scpi_protocol.c.

I'll keep working at it for another day or two and if I can't make any progress, I'll take that advise and try the Amlogic kernel mailing list. I'll also try the CE team again, never got a response the couple times I asked about it before.

Edited once, last by SpookyHands: Correction (August 26, 2023 at 5:04 AM).

• Scratch that I found the issue, it seems obvious now that I see it 😄

The timeouts are due a bl301_manager driver written for CE that doesn't like my device.

Thank you again for the help finding the reserved memory problem