Transmission with Docker

• Hi,

Where the configuration file is transmission?
    I'm changing things in /storage/Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission/settings.json but not applied

• Hello,

I'm trying to change some parameters of configuration file transmission (download directory, enable authentication, password, etc.)

The problem is that when I save and restart the service or raspberry just keeps me some changes, others like me download directory leaves it to the default value.

How I can do to make the changes permanent?

regards

Edited once, last by db25 (June 30, 2016 at 10:56 AM).

• Hello,

I'm trying to change some parameters of configuration file transmission (download directory, enable authentication, password, etc.)

The problem is that when I save and restart the service or raspberry just keeps me some changes, others like me download directory leaves it to the default value.

How I can do to make the changes permanent?

regards

Download directory , it is explained by lrusak in this thread some more up .... LibreELEC

With regard to how indicate password, simply must modify the lines in settings.json within the config folder.
    regards!

• Thank you!! I apologize for asking something that was already resolved the issue.

imagine the file where I have to make changes is located at:

/storage/Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission/transmission.service

Right??

Edited once, last by db25 (June 30, 2016 at 1:39 PM).

• No problem ... the file is in the directory set up in the service (in this line --volume=/storage/%p/config:/config \) . If you have not made any changes is /storage/transmission/config/settings.json.

After you change the service you will have to reload and restart.

Edited once, last by zequiqac (June 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM).

• Hello,

I meant the location of the file service . It is in the location that I have set before?

as i would have to set this line to put an external disk located in /media/usb?

--volume = / storage / somewhereelse / downloads : /downloads \

Edited once, last by db25 (June 30, 2016 at 3:45 PM).

• Sorry , I thought we continued talking settings.json .

Exactly, the service is in: /storage/Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission/transmission.service.

Assuming the disc is in /media/usb , it must be so:

--volume = /media/usb/somewhereelse/downloads:/downloads \

Remember that this directory is for completed downloads , must set incomplete ( for incomplete downloads ) and watch ( for the directory looking transmission torrents), Otherwise directories were used by default.
    Greetings.

• Hello again,

I am following the steps that you have given me but I get it to work, I configured so the file system:

After editing the file restart the service:

Code
    systemctl daemon-reload
    systemctl restart transmission

Below I open the browser and enter my IP: 9091 and gives me the following error:

If I leave the defaults if I work. I have also tried to change the file setting.json changing the directory, but does not work:

Code
    "download-dir": "/media/USB EXT/downloads",
    "incomplete-dir": "/media/USB EXT/downloads/incomplete",

It is posibe the space between USB and EXT influence ?? if I stood at the download path I want to set up and make a PWD shows me this route:

Code
    /media/USB EXT/downloads

Any suggestions ??

regards

Edited once, last by db25 (July 1, 2016 at 8:47 AM).

• Hi, I have finally been forced to use other known distribution, since I have not been able to put it to work in Libreelec, in any case thank you very much for your assistance.

regards

• I have the same problem, If I edit the paths to my external USB HDD and restar the daemon then web client gives me the "connection failed" error... any help?

EDIT: FIXED!! It was an "space character" in a folder name from the path.
    it is working ok!

• I have the same problem, If I edit the paths to my external USB HDD and restar the daemon then web client gives me the "connection failed" error... any help?

it is working ok!

How? I have spaces in my paths as well ...

Edited once, last by Saens (July 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM).

it is working ok!

S.O.S.!

I have tried to do this too. I changed the default directories in transmission.service to direct to an external HDD. It works during the downloading process but as soon as it is complete, the downloaded file gets moved onto the OS HDD somewhere in \Userdata\addon_data\service.system.docker\docker\overlay\. I have changed both the incomplete and downloads directories to point to the external drive, however, this continues to happen.

Also, apparently there is a limit on both download and upload speeds by default. I have changed this in settings.json in transmission/config and also in Dockerfiles-master/x86_64/transmission. Some changes remained after restarting, but some defaulted back. How do I go about making all of these changes permanent?

Found this bit of info on the Kodi forums:

Using this method enabled Transmission to work as it did in OE without Docker.

Edited once, last by sciascia88 (July 23, 2016 at 5:18 AM).

• Hello,

I currently use transmission with Docker add-on and I'm happy about it.
    I just have a little issue.

I want Transmission to be active only from 0am to 7am.

In order to do that, I modified the transmission/config/settings.json file and restart the service. My settings.json for this parameters are as follows :

"alt-speed-down": 0,
    "alt-speed-enabled": true,
    "alt-speed-time-begin": 420,
    "alt-speed-time-day": 127,
    "alt-speed-time-enabled": true,
    "alt-speed-time-end": 0,
    "alt-speed-up": 0,

I check on the WebInterface, the parameters are OK.

My issue is that the turtle mode do not turn off at 0am as expected. I do not understand why the paramters are not taken into account.
    I tried to find a solution in the forum but noboby appears to have the same issue.

Anyone could help me ?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

UPDATE : I manage to make it work. Turns out that schedule time parameters do not take into consideration the timezone defined in LibreElec.
    My LibreElec is configured at GMT+11 so, obviously, I tried to configure Transmission according to that. It didn't work.
    Instead, I tried to set up the parameters acxording to GMT time and it worked.

Edited once, last by Spud (July 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM).

• Installing gives me a dependency not met.