Transmission with Docker

• good night, I managed to install transmission using docker ( something extraordinary by the way) , but to indicate directories download ( no matter what stated) files are downloaded into the appropriate folders that are created in docker ( /storage/.kodi /addons/service.system.docker ) . Is there any way to get downloads are made in / storage / donwloads ?. thank you very much.

• Official Post

I have included a sample transmission systemd service for docker (for x86_64 only)

to use it do

Code
    systemctl enable /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/examples/transmission.service
    Code
    systemctl start transmission

then the default username and password is transmission, password.

this creates directories in /storage/transmission for downloads, watchdir and config

• Thank you very much for the quick response Irusak !. I saw examples in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/examples , but I have a RPI2 . It will be possible to configure it somehow in a RPI2 ?.
    thanks for your help and great job.

• I was trying for several hours to adapt the plain, unformatted tranmission.service RPI2 unsuccessfully , because unfortunately I do not have the experience to take over. I would appreciate enormously that could raise the tranmission.service for RPI2 file. thank you very much and sorry !.

• Official Post

I was trying for several hours to adapt the plain, unformatted tranmission.service RPI2 unsuccessfully , because unfortunately I do not have the experience to take over. I would appreciate enormously that could raise the tranmission.service for RPI2 file. thank you very much and sorry !.

I'm just in the process of building the docker images and pushing them to docker hub, but this will take a few days (maybe a week)

if you want you can do this

Code
    cd /storage
    wget https://github.com/lrusak/Dockerfiles/archive/master.zip
    unzip master.zip
    cd Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission
    ./build.sh
    systemctl enable /storage/Dockerfiles-master/arm/transmission/transmission.service
    systemctl start transmission.service
  • Irusak you're a genius !!! worked perfectly !! thank you very much!. Docker is impressive, I'll have to investigate further , because I also want to make it work couchpotato and sickrage . But that is another story .. again thank you very much for the help !!!

• I'm currently working on more containers. Some are more involved though so it may be worth it for you to wait till I have them on docker hub

Hi Irusak,

I created a bunch of docker containers for nas (unraid, synology, etc.).
    aptalca / Repositories · GitHub
    I wasn't aware that le has docker support. Could you point me to some documentation or any other info so I can start porting some of my containers?

Thanks

• Here's how I start transmission in my base/archlinux container:

I find it easier/cleaner to use the containers like virtual machines. Pull an image of your favorite distro, install the packages you need and commit the image. Then you can set up systemd units to launch your applications from the new image. To get persistent storage you'll need to investigate how to get the application to store the configuration on a mounted volume.

Hope that helps.

• Official Post

Hi Irusak,

I created a bunch of docker containers for nas (unraid, synology, etc.).
    aptalca / Repositories · GitHub
    I wasn't aware that le has docker support. Could you point me to some documentation or any other info so I can start porting some of my containers?

Thanks

I have setup some containers here Pull Requests · LibreELEC/containers · GitHub

I'm just working on setting up docker hub so I can push the images

• Official Post

Hello,
    I am new to docker, so bear with my ignorance. I was wondering if it would make sense to wrap docker apps within addons (à la service), to load, configure and start them.
    Thank you for your attention.

Yes its possible as I have done this already. It would be nice however to have some python hooks for docker to let the user know what is happening because sometimes containers can be quite big and without notifications the user may think something is broken.

• @Irusak Hi , I'm using Transmission with docker and has happened to me that if the current is cut into my Rpi2 or if frozen ( and I must disconnect from current). To start it again , I can not connect to the WebUI Transmission . When you run "Docker ps -a" the Transmission is started but its status is " Exited " . The only solution I found to start again Tranmission run "Docker rm Transmission" . Thus remove the container was in a state " exited " and automatically begins again tranmission . This is normal? you can do something to avoid this problem ?. thank you very much. Greetings.

• Official Post

@Irusak Hi , I'm using Transmission with docker and has happened to me that if the current is cut into my Rpi2 or if frozen ( and I must disconnect from current). To start it again , I can not connect to the WebUI Transmission . When you run "Docker ps -a" the Transmission is started but its status is " Exited " . The only solution I found to start again Tranmission run "Docker rm Transmission" . Thus remove the container was in a state " exited " and automatically begins again tranmission . This is normal? you can do something to avoid this problem ?. thank you very much. Greetings.

I have experienced the same, while working on the transmission addon.
    I did not have the time to document, either.

By the way, is preferable to remove or to restart the exited container?