LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• LibreELEC-RR 10.0 / master-rr

Abstract

This fork comes with all stock LibreELEC features but also with 3 different emulation frontends which were integrated into the Kodi Estuary theme. They allow you to run several libretro & standalone emulation cores to play basically all games of the common home consoles, arcade & home computer systems of the last decades. Moonlight allows you to stream your favorite games from your gaming pc if you use a Nvidia Geforce GPU & Generic builds feature Brave browser as well as Spotify as built in packages.

Notes

• read the FAQ
    • read the How To's & Configuration
    • My build is based on libreelec-10.0 or the master branch so even though it's based on a matured platform you might encounter bugs
    • I highly recommend a clean installation! Since a lot of things have changed under the "hood" if it comes to paths, default configs & features.
    • All necessary information was "outsourced" to the GitHub Wiki which is linked down below
    • To report bugs use this Issues page

Python3 changes in Kodi v19 mean 99.99% of add-ons stop working. Most official Kodi add-ons now have Matrix compatible versions in the Kodi repo, but the transtion to them is not always smooth. Incompatible Python2 add-ons are disabled automatically on upgrade and users need to find/update add-ons to Python3 versions before re-enabling them. Banned/piracy add-ons are heavily impacted by the Python3 change, and while we don’t care about them breaking, we do care about the abuse that’s often hurled at staff when we refuse sympathy or support to that subset of users.

Wiki

Home - LibreELEC-RR Wiki

Features

Feature list per project

Supported devices

Hardware table

Nightly builds

Downloads

Supersedes

LibreELEC-RR 9.x

• The current RR-20210318-44bc164 build should be fine now, I've fixed some bugs

• added PC-FX
    • changed mame2003-plus rom path from mame2003 to mame -> it's basically the default mame emulator on all systems
    • fixed moonlight for non AVX systems, looks like opus cpu feature detection was some kind of broken
    • switched to es 2.10.0-dev with updated threaded loading patch -> should now detect game files with capital extensions properly which is important for rpcs3
  • The wiki mentions AMLGX is supported, do you have to build that yourself, or will you be including those eventually?

Thanks for bringing this setup back, it's awesome!

• Well the AMLG12B build is a stripped down & optimized AMLGX build. So technically all AMLGX builds will run on S922X/A311D boards to. It only builds the panfrost Mesa driver & GCC optimized the build for big.little A73.A53 cores.

But the main problem is that the AXG (iirc) audio driver is faulty, Lima does not run Qt stuff (at least it did not start when I did some sort tests) and my s905X board tends to try to fry my speakers by creating randomly static blasts & noise.

Beside that the video decoders are still unfinished and so there is no use as a daily driver at all.

So if you want to tinker a bit feel free to build images yourself, they should compile fine but offering them as download doesn't make sense from my perspective. Whoever fix something... PR welcome.

The AMLG12B builds however have way fewer audio problems and since the SoC outclasses the competition it's worth to offer builds for the N2+ / Vim3. However the video decoder still are incomplete & the panfrost driver is not as fast as libmali.

• Hi SupervisedThinking, i'm testing on a RPi4, so far, only a video stopped playing once, HDR at least is shown as active, but couldn't make Moonlight work, also didn't find the moonlight.py browsing so far.

Thanks!

• Hi SupervisedThinking, i'm testing on a RPi4, so far, only a video stopped playing once, HDR at least is shown as active, but couldn't make Moonlight work, also didn't find the moonlight.py browsing so far.

Thanks!

It's moonlight-qt.py & located in /usr/bin

For every Kodi playback related issues this is the wrong place. If moonlight did not start then upload the logfiles, since I don't own one I'm groping in the dark if it comes to RPi4 issues.

• It's moonlight-qt.py & located in /usr/bin

For every Kodi playback related issues this is the wrong place. If moonlight did not start then upload the logfiles, since I don't own one I'm groping in the dark if it comes to RPi4 issues.

Yeah, the playback issue was a one time only.

And with moonlight, yeah, i meant moonlight-qt,py doesn't exist in /usb/bin

Log:

2021-03-20 12:45:07.308 T:1037 ERROR <general>: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script /usr/bin/moonlight-qt.py

Thanks, actually, great work!

• Yeah, the playback issue was a one time only.

And with moonlight, yeah, i meant moonlight-qt,py doesn't exist in /usb/bin

Log:

2021-03-20 12:45:07.308 T:1037 ERROR <general>: ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script /usr/bin/moonlight-qt.py

Thanks, actually, great work!

Indeed looks like it's missing though it should be included. I rebuild a RPi4 image later and ping you when it's ready for tests. Can you check if Pegasus frontend starts?