Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• It's ok. I am going hands on then, via adb. Results in a few minutes.

---edit

Sorry for the 2 hour delay. It worked. It returns the dtb file like it would do under linux.

Edited once, last by jim_p (July 3, 2022 at 12:36 PM).

• Please tell me that the following does not happen only on my end!

As I have said in a previous thread I opened, I want to add some boot parameters to the kernel so as to check what happens on boot. And today I decided to add them to le 9.2.8.4 on the mxq. But there is no cmdline.txt under the flash folder! In fact, only the system image file is in there.

Code
    # ls /flash/
    SYSTEM      lost+found

Is this correct? If so, how can I add some boot parameters to it?

• Is this correct? If so, how can I add some boot parameters to it?

The cmdline parameters are hardcoded into the kernel, namely by the kernel config:

LibreELEC-AML/linux.arm.conf at master · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML
    'Just enough OS' for Kodi for some Amlogic TV boxes - LibreELEC-AML/linux.arm.conf at master · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML
    github.com

But kernel also loads the initargs variable into the cmdline, so if you add what you need, it might work.

Read initargs variable:

Code
    fw_printenv | grep initargs

You can change it with this command:

Code
    fw_setenv initargs "... variable=value"

The ... means the original value, the whole string returned by fw_printenv | grep initargs.

I think what comes next is quite clear: variable=value.

• I broke the tvbox's power supply and I am trying to fix it right now, because I do not have a similar one handy :(

I will try your suggestion and report back as soon as I can. Thank you :)

• Hi Dtech,

Could you help:

1. Create an update package for MXQ m201d (512M/8G) a.k.a. "all black" versions with 512 MB RAM only? Because my Android box has only 512 MB.

2. Create an installation package from USB for MXQ m201d (512M/8G) a.k.a. "all black" versions with 512 MB RAM only? Because my android box has only USB ports, no SD cards. Or could you show me the link, commands to boot libreelec from USB?

Thank you very much in advance!

• Hi Dtech,

Could you help:

1. Create an update package for MXQ m201d (512M/8G) a.k.a. "all black" versions with 512 MB RAM only? Because my Android box has only 512 MB.

2. Create an installation package from USB for MXQ m201d (512M/8G) a.k.a. "all black" versions with 512 MB RAM only? Because my android box has only USB ports, no SD cards. Or could you show me the link, commands to boot libreelec from USB?

Thank you very much in advance!

May I know what device you have?

• I have an Amlogic m201 (S68) with its detail information below (I ran CPU Z app to get this information):

Kernel architecture: armv7l

kernel version: 3.10.33 (20160924)

build id: KOT49H.20160924 test keys

Java VM: Dalvik 1.6.0

Android version 4.4.2

API Level 19

Model: SBOX (m201)

Manufacturer: MBX

Board: m201

Hardware: amlogic

RAM: 831 MB; Storage: 5,09GB

cores: 2

Architecture 2x ARM cortex-A5 @ 1,54 GHz

version: sUp1

GPU Mali 450 MP

• I think you need the HD18Q image, not the m201d. The problem is that I still have no idea what kind of device you have, because booting from external devices requires the toothpick method. However, I have no idea where the reset button is on an unknown box. /shrug

Can I ask for some photos of the box, including the bottom and the back?

• I think you need the HD18Q image, not the m201d. The problem is that I still have no idea what kind of device you have, because booting from external devices requires the toothpick method. However, I have no idea where the reset button is on an unknown box. /shrug

Can I ask for some photos of the box, including the bottom and the back?

Here is the photo:

- Outside: http://dauthukts.net/upload/images/thu/Bo-S68.jpg (http://dauthukts.net/SBOX-S682.html)

- Inside: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RNAxwjs7VFmcn9Gn6

- The kernel: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nKauiCpV7mEQfjnm6

The box supports toothpick to boot, but I cannot make it boot from USB, even I installed a reboot to LIBREELEC app, it still boots to the console where it has only option to apply update from EXT (USB).

Thank for your time!

• Honestly, I don't think I've ever tried USB booting on any of my devices before, but I did it now.

Well, neither on the S805 nor the S812 devices work. Has anyone had any success at all from USB on Meson8*?

• Hello dtech. Lately I have some problems with many addons, unfortunally they not working anymore (for example the promice, elementum, youtube). I have an MXIII-G 2G and i have install the LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.4. Is there any way to install a Kodi 19 version of Libreelec ? I think the problem is that many addons they are not anymore compatible with the Kody 18

• Hello dtech. Lately I have some problems with many addons, unfortunally they not working anymore (for example the promice, elementum, youtube).

I only have Youtube installed, but with M8S+ everything is fine with playback.

Is there any way to install a Kodi 19 version of Libreelec ?

It cannot work with kernel 3.10. Amcodec support was dropped from version 19 by the Kodi development team.

I think the problem is that many addons they are not anymore compatible with the Kody 18

If you installed from Kodi 18 repo, this is simply not possible. My opinion is that you have some repo installed that is not compatible with Leia.

Please check the add-on properties:

If you don't see the same thing as in my second screenshot in the update menu, then it is not installed from Kodi's own repository. If that's really the case, I think you should delete the other repo, because it's 100% incompatible with Leia.

• Lately I have some problems with many addons, unfortunally they not working anymore (for example the promice, elementum, youtube).

We are delighted when piracy add-ons stop working. If you want them to use them, you are posting in the wrong forum.

• As you can see, I have all these versions but noone of them is working

• OMG! Sorry, but what is this (blacklisted) repo orgy? chewitt is several times right. =O

Suggested reading:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

By the way, the Youtube addon has 9 dependencies, if any of them is not a good version, or if its configuration has been overwritten by an unsupported version, then there is no subsequent miracle cure, you can start the entire installation and configuration from scratch.