Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hello dtech. Experimenting with my box and my pc I finally broke it trying to update the android and it won't boot just black screen. Previously it had worked very well with this image from the sd card but experimenting also broke that installation and did not do it again. In those conditions I want to know if you think I could boot from the sd card? Because I don't know if I have a bootloader anymore and I can't reinstall the factory image. Thanks in advance

• ElecUY

I looked it back, for an earlier conversation, and if I saw it correctly, you have an M8S box. Somehow you need to determine exactly what variant you have, this would require a good quality photo of the PCB.

For example, this is my own:

It doesn’t explicitly run with any ROM, just its own, which I also found pretty hard to find in the past.

• Hi, i see you have not made a wetek play 2 build but did see you made an ad hoc for a user. Is it safe to assume that snapshot 3 is the one that should be used?

• Hi, i see you have not made a wetek play 2 build but did see you made an ad hoc for a user. Is it safe to assume that snapshot 3 is the one that should be used?

It hasn’t progressed since the last snapshot above (20220504), but since you are the third to find me with WP2, now I’m really trying to get one from somewhere (at a reasonable price).

• It hasn’t progressed since the last snapshot above (20220504), but since you are the third to find me with WP2, now I’m really trying to get one from somewhere (at a reasonable price).

Tbh, i wouldn't bother. We make the mistakes, so you don't have to. Disgusting behaviour from the manufacturers not only did they stop supporting it, they took all the support forum and everything offline so you can't even grab old files. Really wanted their Ubuntu minimal. The box wasn't cheap either. I think someone managed to salvage the tuner to be used in other hardware. It's the only thing is was good for.

Coreelec do have working drivers for 9.2.8 if that helps?

• It hasn’t progressed since the last snapshot above (20220504), but since you are the third to find me with WP2, now I’m really trying to get one from somewhere (at a reasonable price).

dtech I have another WP2 box lying unused at my parents in the UK, so if you don't find one via eBay I can always post that one to you when I visit them in mid-July.

• Tbh, i wouldn't bother. We make the mistakes, so you don't have to. Disgusting behaviour from the manufacturers not only did they stop supporting it, they took all the support forum and everything offline so you can't even grab old files. Really wanted their Ubuntu minimal. The box wasn't cheap either. I think someone managed to salvage the tuner to be used in other hardware. It's the only thing is was good for.

Coreelec do have working drivers for 9.2.8 if that helps?

I already have a WP1 and a Core, so a WP2 can really fit next to the others. I've modified quite a lot of things in the v3.14 kernel, but in a pretty different way than the CE team. Without "trying", the story is not that simple. And I like to check in practice what I made. :)

dtech I have another WP2 box lying unused at my parents in the UK, so if you don't find one via eBay I can always post that one to you when I visit them in mid-July.

Thanks chewitt. I managed to find one, now the bargain is coming. If by chance this fails, I will tell you right away. Thank you very much. ;)

• I guess this inadvertantly helps me I've just installed this versio on my box. But using it from SD card only. If there's anyway I can help let me know. I'm hopeful that I can get wireguard working on here.

• mfizz

I may have found the error of the tuner: the wetekdvb kernel module is not loaded automatically at boot. :/

This is the new snapshot version: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220605/.

I'd love to test this for you, but I have no cable or terrestrial feed in my new home. Is there another way I can feedback. I have already updated to this snapshot.

From the dvb-fe-tool I can see the following which I guess means its working? I mean i have seen the same thing when it use to work many years ago.

• Hey there dtech , I cannot get LE working on my Minix X6 box (s805 amlogic). The systems start, I have acces to samba/ssh but no video output. It is just 'no signal'. Same was with Armbian Linux builds by balbes150 . I remember I found that on Armbian the 3.10.33 kernel had video output on my box and 3.10.108 did not, but I have no idea how to build kernel in libreelec. Maybe you have some builds with 3.10.33 kernels or have any clue why I dont have video output at all?

• Hey there dtech , I cannot get LE working on my Minix X6 box (s805 amlogic). The systems start, I have acces to samba/ssh but no video output. It is just 'no signal'. Same was with Armbian Linux builds by balbes150 . I remember I found that on Armbian the 3.10.33 kernel had video output on my box and 3.10.108 did not, but I have no idea how to build kernel in libreelec. Maybe you have some builds with 3.10.33 kernels or have any clue why I dont have video output at all?

All patches are made for the latest kernel (3.10.108), so I would rather not undertake backward compatibility.

If you have an earlier working version based on kszaq's kernel, I would ask for a link. But I see it has never worked on this box before:

siarmstrong87
    May 20, 2017 at 3:30 AM
  • All patches are made for the latest kernel (3.10.108), so I would rather not undertake backward compatibility.

If you have an earlier working version based on kszaq's kernel, I would ask for a link. But I see it has never worked on this box before:

siarmstrong87
    May 20, 2017 at 3:30 AM

I got this in System.log Could not find any other proper information about anything related to hdmi/vout in logs.

Code
    [ 33.788809@0] tvmode set to null
    [ 33.788827@0] no matched vout mode
    [ 33.788842@0] tvmode set to 576cvbs

If you have an earlier working version based on kszaq's kernel, I would ask for a link

Yeah, none of libreelec builds did work on my box, I mea they did work, only without video out. I did manage to flash odroid-c1 firmware into my Minix X6 and it had video out when I used this in boot.ini

Code
    setenv vout_mode "DVI"

Maybe you can add DVI mode into LE builds? I did try to manualy insern vout_mode DVI into env but nothing changed.

• The situation looks like you have an output only on the CVBS output instead of HDMI.

Try to extract and copy the attached file under Samba to this location: \\<IP-of-the-box>\Configfiles\, and then restart.

Sadly, same issue with a bit of different message:

Code
    [    0.865381@0] TV mode 576cvbs selected.
    [    0.869190@0] tvoutc_setmode[505]
    [    0.872467@0] cvbs performance type = 1, table = 0
    [    0.877196@0] tvoutc_setmode[516] mode is 8
    [    0.881350@0] mode is: 8
  • richard_zorge

Please a create an autostart.sh file with the following content:

Code: autostart.sh
    fw_printenv > ~/downloads/uboot_env.txt

Copy it through Samba to the \\<IP-of-the-box>\Configfiles\ and then restart the box.

After the restart please copy and attach the \\<IP-of-the-box>\Downloads\uboot_env.txt file to this topic.

My assumption is that there is an uboot variable for display that is causing the problem.

• Okay, I just found out this forum and I downloaded the ROM and booted it up from the SD CARD, the point is that neither the remote controller nor the power button work, is there any way to fix it?

model: k1 quad-core android DVB

amlogic S805