Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I meanwhile installed your LibreElec fork 9.2.8 on my Wetek Openelec Box (Play 1). It works surprisingly well, but I can "feel" that the device is a bit laggy. But this is nothing new. Compared to my other device (Wetek Play 2), the WP1 is indeed much slower.

Unfortunately, there is a 2-generation distance between the SoCs integrated into WP1 (M6) and WP2 (GXBB), so it is not only in clock speed and number of cores that WP1 lags significantly behind. Not even support for the mainline kernel would change that. As chewitt says, this SoC is unfortunately now obsolete.

- TV Play -> some channels become laggy after a few seconds, not sure yet why, could be because of mutex setting

In the Kodi 18.5, a significant change was made by the author to determine the interlaced signal and frame rate, which unfortunately is not really compatible with amcodec. I solved this with my own patch, but it takes 1-2 seconds after the channel change for the exact frequency to be determined. The lag is probably caused by this method, but without this patch, you had to watch a black screen for about 10 seconds after each channel change.

- Remote Control (official with the device) -> certain buttons needed to be re-configured using the Keymap add-on (e.g. Context Menu, Favourites, Mute button)

I used the official LE remote control keymap, but I found that it is not optimized for the remote control included with the OpenELEC version.

I noticed that the video player does not show the control buttons (stop, play, rewind, forward) and other options (movie info, settings) anymore when I pause the movie. I tried different skins (Amber and Confluence) but the behaviour is the same. Is there a specific interface/video setting to re-enable these buttons? I hope you know what I mean.

This is also related to the remote control, the same is true for WeTek Core. The keymap assigned to the WeTek remote itself overrides this behavior, but it already worked the same way in the official LE 9.0. There may have been a discrepancy in LE 8.2, but I've tried it so long ago that unfortunately I don't remember.

• Hi everyone!
    I'm going crazy with my MXIII Plus, 2GB RAM 8GB ROM.

I tried several images, in some the wifi and bluetooth work but the remote control does not work, in others it works only the ethernet really bad but then the remote control works (LibreELEC-MXIII-Plus.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz).
    Only the remote control doesn't works with this: LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz, how do i retrieve the configuration from the other image? Is it a question of a different kernel?
    I don't know what to do anymore, this is the result of the dmesg with both the images.
    Comparing the dmesg in the image on the left is the version with the remote control working (MXIII Plus), on the right no (n200), but the external keyboard even if I don't see it at that point works with both.
    The dtb of both images looks the same to me, is there something different in the filesystem?
    By installing everything in the emmc with the script I don't understand why then I find only 4 GB usable.
    Anyway thanks for the huge work done!

• Erario

Based on the logs, I see you have a clone box with AP6330. The remote control is different for the Uni-n200 and MXIII-Plus and therefore does not work. To install the appropriate remote.conf under the n200 image, follow these steps over SSH:

Code
    cd /storage/.config/
    wget https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML/raw/master/projects/S8X2/devices/MXIII-Plus/filesystem/etc/amremote/remote.conf
    reboot

After the restart, the MXIII-Plus infrared remote control should work.

Comparing the dmesg in the image on the left is the version with the remote control working (MXIII Plus), on the right no (n200), but the external keyboard even if I don't see it at that point works with both.

It is present, but not in these lines. :)

Code
    [   40.381404@3] input: Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024 as /devices/lm1/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.2/0003:046D:C52B.0003/input/input3
    [   40.384943@3] logitech-djdevice 0003:046D:C52B.0004: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024] on usb-lm1-1.2:1

By installing everything in the emmc with the script I don't understand why then I find only 4 GB usable.

Please check these comments for the answer: #327, #328.

• Erario

Based on the logs, I see you have a clone box with AP6330. The remote control is different for the Uni-n200 and MXIII-Plus and therefore does not work. To install the appropriate remote.conf under the n200 image, follow these steps over SSH:

Code
    cd /storage/.config/
    wget https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML/raw/master/projects/S8X2/devices/MXIII-Plus/filesystem/etc/amremote/remote.conf
    reboot

After the restart, the MXIII-Plus infrared remote control should work.

It is present, but not in these lines. :)

Code
    [   40.381404@3] input: Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024 as /devices/lm1/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.2/0003:046D:C52B.0003/input/input3
    [   40.384943@3] logitech-djdevice 0003:046D:C52B.0004: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024] on usb-lm1-1.2:1

Please check these comments for the answer: #327, #328.

Yes, the remote now work fine, thanks!!!

• Hi dtech!

Just registered to report the issue that is resolved already in the main branch

First, many thanks! I got the "new" (new for me but outdated in fact) TV box and your firmware is the only that I was able to run on it (LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.3 with gxl_p212_1g_slowemmc.dtb)

So, there's the "smartredraw" feature that **GREATLY** reduces the Kodi interface's CPU consumption. For me, smth like from 10-30% to 1-3%. The temperature falls down accordingly. In my case it is about hefty 10C fall, from 60-63С to 48-50C. I use it on my other box that's running the CoreELEC Matrix where the issue had been fixed. But I had no luck to get it running on my "new" box though SoC's seemingly the same, and your build has not this fix so when switch it on the "toast" notification remains on-screen and never dismisses

Issue in the official repo, exactly as I myself see it on my own box: CEC adapter notification stuck on screen if smartredraw is enabled

The patch is extremely simple but I never compiled the LibreELEC and I even can't find where `"'GUIFadeLabelControl.cpp" is

Please, could you give some hints how to apply this patch and build? So, I clone your repo and ... what then? Or maybe you youself build the new image?

And the shy question: is it hard to update Leia to Matrix? And the Nexus is coming...

• mgear

Patch applied: packages/kodi: fix scrollable fadelabels if smartredraw is enabled · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML@3f92b8a

Please check this snapshot: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220202/

And the shy question: is it hard to update Leia to Matrix? And the Nexus is coming...

The migration to the mainline kernel is in progress. This is necesary because the code of the old kernels (3.14 and 4.9) is obsolete and it is no longer officially supported by Kodi since v19. The Matrix version will not be released from LibreELEC for Amlogic SoCs, but the Nexus is already in progress:

• Patch applied

My regards! The notifications are gone. I spent couple hours on tests and first thought I found but then recognized that only saw that wanted to see and there's no real cooling down effect depending on smartredraw settings. Tested all that came into head (different modes and windows) then finally more or less systematic 2x2 combinations of algorithmdirtyregions 1/3 and smartredraw true/false. Either I did wrong or maybe smartredraw optimizations are not too good yet in Kodi 18. Sigh...

Probably there are combinations of xml settings and player modes but I didn't found them. But my Matrix box is definitely cooled down. I set up the SNMP monitoring and charts prove it's almost never heats to 70, mainly 65 and below, though earlier it often was over 70 and even up to 80. But again, it's another box, well different "hardly and softly"

The migration to the mainline kernel is in progress ... the Nexus is already in progress

Can't speak for the others but as for me I'd call it superb news ) Are the Matrix's addons compatible with Nexus or addon writers will have to redo them yet again?

• The short story ...

I tried to find a build solution for my devices to run the current stable version (v9.2.6) on them, because official support for Amlogic devices ended with version 9.0.2, at least with the old kernels. And the new mainline 5.x kernel still lacks some features to make it suitable for daily use.

Currently supported Amlogic SoC families and devices:

4. Amlogic Meson6 (AML8726-MX) SoC on Linux kernel v3.10.108 (LTS):

• WeTek Play (1G/4G) a.k.a. WP1:
      The device image is based on the officially supported version 9.0.2.

Driver addons: not available.
    Maximum supported resolution:
    1080p @ 60Hz.

WeTek Play image: Index of /WeTek_Play/ - Latest version: v9.2.8 (2021-07-18).

Works great on Wetek Play 1, thank you

I used the instructions here RE: Wetek play 1 cant update to 9.0.2 except changed

Code
    wget http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.0.2.tar

for

Code
    wget http://libreelec.dtech.hu/WeTek_Play/LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.2.8.tar
  • Just wanted to add you resurrected a Zoomtak T8 Plus box with your Universal n200 (S812, 2GB RAM, 10/100 Mbps or Gigabit LAN, AP6330 or Realtek WiFi) software.

Real fun was spending what felt like weeks trying to make my own remote.conf file. Liked it so much I uploaded it to the remote repository site.

Gave the box to someone who was playing video files through their laptop hooked up to their TV. Now they just have to plug a USB stick into the Zoomtak.

A beer for you!

• Hi dtech

i try your build "Mecool KI Pro (S905D)" for my box "Dune HD Sky 4k Plus" (S905D - 2GB - 1GEthernet - DVB: AVL6211LAX) and work fine for all.

Despite the different version DVB tuner (AVL6862 / AVL6211LAX), recognizes the DVB, but does not find channels after searching

log tvheadend (i2c i2c-1: dvb_meson: failed to enter DVBSx mode)

here full dmesg: http://ix.io/3SBO

and here dmesg dvb:

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg|grep dvb

[ 4.317619@2] kernel-overlays-setup: processing conf /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/50-driver.dvb.dvb-latest.conf

[ 4.367554@2] kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.dvb-latest/lib/modules/3.14.29

[ 9.309251@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: Found i2c-2 adapter: aml_i2c_adap2

[ 9.309264@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: ts0: parallel

[ 9.309379@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: ts0_control: 0x0

[ 9.309408@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: GPIO fec_reset0: 217

[ 9.309418@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: GPIO power_ctrl0: 215

[ 9.309442@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: dev_name=dvb

[ 10.519651@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: DVB demod detection for i2c-2 (aml_i2c_adap2)...dvb

[ 11.739613@1] dvb_meson dvb.49: Checking for Availink AVL6862 DVB-S2/T2/C demod ...

[ 12.160309@1] i2c i2c-2: dvb_meson: found AVL6862 family_id=0x68624955

[ 23.274292@3] i2c i2c-2: dvb_meson: Rafael R912 successfully attached!

[ 23.274313@3] dvb_meson dvb.49: Total DVB modules found: 1

[ 23.276702@3] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (dvb_meson)

[ 23.282017@3] dvb_meson dvb.49: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Availink avl6862)...

[ 23.378811@3] dvb_meson dvb.49: DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range (47000000..2150000000)

any help?

• First, dtech thanks a lot for the build. I installed it in a MX III 4K the LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz and everything seems to work except the remote control, reading the thread I found the solution downloading the proper remote config file.

Seems that someone decided that some add-ons are only for pirate purposes. We can discuss a lot about that but not here. Thanks a lot for your build dtech.

Bye

Edited 2 times, last by Leolas: removed crap addons (if you said that...) (March 24, 2022 at 10:04 AM).