Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Yes I could buy it and send it to you, if you are interested. But I do have no clue about the shipping cost to Hungary.

Edit. Shipping looks like additional 13 euro. To save a little bit (if the owners of the boxes are ok with that) I could write the owner to directly ship it to you, and I do the payment , communication stuff. But you would receive it directly.

If you are interested, than give me a ping :)

• Can someone please remind me the command that returns the dtb/bootloader version that the os uses for the tvbox?

It is cat /sys/something/something :P

What you are looking for is not accidentally the device-tree ID?

Code
    cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
  • Hi, I installed on my old x8-h. Occasionally, you cannot turn it on again with the button after turning it off. I need to unplug the power supply and reconnect it. Everything else works great. Thank you very much.

when the player is on, the LED is off, but when it is off, the LED is on.

• Hi, I installed on my old x8-h. Occasionally, you cannot turn it on again with the button after turning it off. I need to unplug the power supply and reconnect it. Everything else works great. Thank you very much.

when the player is on, the LED is off, but when it is off, the LED is on.

Unfortunately, I can't help with the LED because I don't have such a device and the DTB doesn't include an entry about the GPIO pin of the power LED either. :(

But the power-on error is probably caused by an uboot bug. Please try the description in the first post to avoid this error.

You can find the relevant section here: Fix the "power-on bug" in uboot for some boxes (S8X2 only).

If the same error exists on the Minix bootloader, it will probably help.

• hi there. I have a S905 box using the DTBs from http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/device_trees/S905/ - specifically gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb . Can you please add support for loadable DTBs?

When booting from external storage (sd card or usb flash drive), the DTB replacement works.

I recommend the IMPORTANT NOTES - Please read them carefully before asking section of the first post on this topic.

• Using an external DTB only works with the S905/S905X/S905D, but also only when booting from the SD card or USB storage.
      If you want to boot from external storage with an external DTB, you can find it here: Index of /device_trees/.

But... Booting from internal storage will never work on my builds (except for listed devices), because the list of Android partitions may be different for each device, and if you don't know where /dev/dtb is, it's pretty hard to load it. The partition list for some devices is specifically defined in the DTB, so which came first: the chicken or the egg? ?( (You need the DTB to know where the DTB is located. Nice paradox...)

And since I’m not making universal images for S905x devices (like CE), please don’t expect that from me either.

The only "relatively fast" solution to the internal boot is to replace the DTB integrated in kernel.img with mkbootimg_tools.

The slower but better solution is to build your own build for your device based on my source code.

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (October 26, 2021 at 7:47 AM).

• LibreELEC v9.2.8.3 (2021-11-05) has been released for S805, S8X2 and S905x devices.

Changes since v9.2.8.2 (2021-09-12):

• S805, S8X2, S905: Unify multichannel audio patch for all AML devices,
    • S905: Add some Realtek wireless packages to additional drivers (KI Plus S905),
    • S805, S8X2: Disable external mali driver for all meson8*,
    • WeTek Core: Fix additional wireless drivers in options,
    • WeTek Core: Fix sd card boot issue via toothpick method,
    • WeTek Core: Fix playback freeze issues (dtb-related).

For download links, please check the first post in this topic: #1

Mirror (GitHub): Release LibreELEC v9.2.8.3 for AML S805/S8X2/S905 (2021-11-05) · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML

Notice: The S8X2 group also includes WeTek Core.

I would like to say a huge thank you to the LE team, especially chewitt and also tavoc for their contribution in getting another one instead of my faulty WeTek Core device. This is probably the last LE 9.2 image I have published, from now on I want to help build and test official versions (LE10+) based on the mainline kernel for Amlogic devices.

Edited 4 times, last by dtech (November 8, 2021 at 9:44 AM).

• Hello Friend, OK I have a Genereic S905 1gb/8gb, By the name MXS Plus, its identical to Mxq Pro, at present i am running Librelec 8.0.2 which has Kodi 17.3, On EMMC, The libreelec 8.0.2 has been Given to me by the supplier in .Img file as well as in Update.rar format (LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MXSPlus-8.0.3-update), Since its outdated, can you please guide me how do i upgrade from 8.0.2 to LE-CE 9.2.3.

OR

Is it possible that i replace some of the files from the old Libreelec with the new libreelec 9.2.3 , and repack with .rar and upload to my box

as i have the stock files like dtb and kernel frommy original box. Please see the pic attached and kindly guide me,

• All you need is the correct dtb.img (gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k), it will need to be replaced in the new version. But if you install it as an update (*.tar), you don’t have to do that either. However, I don't really recommend updating from 8.0 to 9.2, before that do a backup under Kodi.

• Thanks i copied .tar to .update folder, but it says this image is Uncompatible with my Hardware. I guess i have to use the previous version, can you recommend which is the last working version according to my specs.

The reason for the incompatibility is that the device name is different.

You need to create an empty .nocompat file next to .tar in the update directory, and try again. ;)

• i have created .no compat folder in .update folder, but still no luck.

Run "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" .. it's checking for a .nocompat file, not a folder. NB: You might want to uninstall aarch64 binary add-ons before crossgrading like this as they may not handle the change of arch to "arm" gracefully.

• tiku

Now I see you are trying to update with an S805 (m8b) image, even though you have an S905 (gxbb) device. This is not going to be good.

If you update your S905 with the HD18Q image, it is guaranteed to never boot again after you restart your device.

And chewitt is also right, because in Leia versions (9.0/9.2) for Amlogic S905x the kernel is 64-bit, but Kodi is only 32-bit.

I think you need to look for another sd card and create a clean install with this image: LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz.

This is the correct dtb for your device: gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb, it should be renamed to dtb.img and overwrite the original.