Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• richard_zorge

Please a create an autostart.sh file with the following content:

Code: autostart.sh
    fw_printenv > ~/downloads/uboot_env.txt

Copy it through Samba to the \\<IP-of-the-box>\Configfiles\ and then restart the box.

After the restart please copy and attach the \\<IP-of-the-box>\Downloads\uboot_env.txt file to this topic.

My assumption is that there is an uboot variable for display that is causing the problem.

Here it is.

I did try to extract .dtb file from stock android firmware and replace dtb.img, box boots but still no img.

• Okay, I just found out this forum and I downloaded the ROM and booted it up from the SD CARD, the point is that neither the remote controller nor the power button work, is there any way to fix it?

model: k1 quad-core android DVB

amlogic S805

The LibreELEC image does not qualify as a ROM because it does not contain elements that standard ROMs. (eg. bootloader, recorery, etc.)

This is what you need to check:

Download latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 stock firmware for Acemax K1 TV Box «

• I did try to extract .dtb file from stock android firmware and replace dtb.img, box boots but still no img.

Quote from the IMPORTANT NOTES - Please read them carefully before asking section of the first post:

• External DTB cannot be used with Meson8* (S802/S805/S812), because there it only takes into consideration those that are integrated into the kernel!

So even if you replace it, the kernel will ignore it. I need a full dmesg log, because I didn't find any wrong value in your uenv.

Yea my bad at calling it ROM. I boot from the SDCARD like everyone. The thing is that the remote isn't usable. I also inserted the remote.conf file in the files but nothing changed.

I interpret your first description to mean that your box is currently bricked. Then it seems that this is not true.

Now the question is, which image and which remote config did you use?

I recommend to try HD18Q image with FF00-Mecool (conf+xml) from this: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/remote.conf/.

• Quote from the IMPORTANT NOTES - Please read them carefully before asking section of the first post:

So even if you replace it, the kernel will ignore it. I need a full dmesg log, because I didn't find any wrong value in your uenv.

I interpret your first description to mean that your box is currently bricked. Then it seems that this is not true.

Now the question is, which image and which remote config did you use?

I recommend to try HD18Q image with FF00-Mecool (conf+xml) from this: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/remote.conf/.

Okay, I downloaded the files you mentioned and they work perfectly. my dumbass was going for the FE01-MXQ one. Anyway thanks a lot for your help.

• I successfully installed LibreELEC onto my MINIX NEO X8 PLUS today. The whole process went very smooth! I flashed the image onto an SD card and the MINIX booted into it without issue. I then used the installtoinernal command and that also worked perfectly.

The only real issue I see is the uboot power bug that's been mentioned already. I've enabled the "force suspend" workaround. This seems to suspend the device, but doesn't shut it down. Is there a safe way to shut down? I'm concerned that pulling the power cord could lead to data loss. Perhaps an SSH command that will help shutdown safely?

Thanks a lot for your work, dtech. I was able to salvage an old device from 2013 and make it modern and usable in my home once again. I sent a donation as a sign of appreciation.

• I successfully installed LibreELEC onto my MINIX NEO X8 PLUS today. The whole process went very smooth! I flashed the image onto an SD card and the MINIX booted into it without issue. I then used the installtoinernal command and that also worked perfectly.

The only real issue I see is the uboot power bug that's been mentioned already. I've enabled the "force suspend" workaround. This seems to suspend the device, but doesn't shut it down. Is there a safe way to shut down? I'm concerned that pulling the power cord could lead to data loss. Perhaps an SSH command that will help shutdown safely?

Thanks a lot for your work, dtech. I was able to salvage an old device from 2013 and make it modern and usable in my home once again. I sent a donation as a sign of appreciation.

Thank you for your donation. :thumbup:

If you really want to unplug it, the safest way is to restart it and then unplug the power cord when the Minix logo appears. But I used an M8S in this mode for several weeks, and it also happened a few times that I also unplugged it from the outlet while it was in suspend mode. However, I have never had a data loss.

But this power workaround is only valid under Kodi. If you use the poweroff command under SSH, it will completely turn off the box.

• my device have software problim 0x32030201 uboot/get result/diskinitial error can you help me pls

Unfortunately, this information is quite limited. At least it would be nice to know what kind of box you have.

Basically, it seems that your issue origins from the Android. You should restore the factory ROM first.

• Hello again, I'm the guy with the Acemax K1 TV BOX. I have managed to fix the issue with the remote controller, but unfortunately I ran into a different problem. I don't have an audio playback. I have plugged HDMI, by hardware everything is working fine. I also checked every single audio output that is available and still no solution. Do you have any suggestions?

• Hello again, I'm the guy with the Acemax K1 TV BOX. I have managed to fix the issue with the remote controller, but unfortunately I ran into a different problem. I don't have an audio playback. I have plugged HDMI, by hardware everything is working fine. I also checked every single audio output that is available and still no solution. Do you have any suggestions?

I compared the factory dtb of the KI T2 and my version of the HD18Q, and there is no entry in the audio settings that would justify not having audio over HDMI. Also, in my version, the analog audio output and S/PDIF should work. So without the logs, I don’t really know what the problem might be.

• I compared the factory dtb of the KI T2 and my version of the HD18Q, and there is no entry in the audio settings that would justify not having audio over HDMI. Also, in my version, the analog audio output and S/PDIF should work. So without the logs, I don’t really know what the problem might be.

I don't know what the problem was, but I formatted the sd card and redid the process and now it works. anyway thanks for the help overall.

• If I will install your LE build on my Wetek Play 1 would I be able to boot enigma2 from SD card? (I have official 9.0.2 LE in nand now but I cannot install anything from repos now)

• If I will install your LE build on my Wetek Play 1 would I be able to boot enigma2 from SD card? (I have official 9.0.2 LE in nand now but I cannot install anything from repos now)

Of course, the option to boot from the SD card will not disappear after the image is installed.

However, updating WP1 via tar is a bit tricky, but there is a workaround:

suppenkasper
    February 28, 2020 at 5:16 PM
  • LibreELEC v9.2.8.4 (2022-06-25) has been released for S805, S8X2 and S905x devices.

Changes since v9.2.8.3 (2021-11-05):

• WeTek_Play, S805, S8X2, S905: add SCSI generic support for USB optical drives (Direct I/O),
    • WeTek_Play, WeTek_Core, S905/WeTek_Play_2: restore amlpkg creation for WeTek devices (zip),
    • WeTek_Play, S805, S8X2, S905: fix h264 aspect ratio issue for broadcasts on PAL SD and HD Lite resolutions,
    • S905: add SoC model name and family to cpuinfo,
    • S905/WeTek_Play_2: add support for the WeTek Play 2 (GXBB) box,
    • S805/HD18Q: non-functioning S/PDIF output fixed in dtb.

For download links, please check the first post in this topic: #1

Mirror (GitHub): Release LibreELEC v9.2.8.4 for AML S805/S8X2/S905 (2022-06-25) · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML

Notice: The S8X2 group also includes WeTek_Core.

• A friend asked me if there is anything he can do to revive a mini m8s II that he has. All I know so far is that it uses a s905x soc, 2gb of ram, 8gb of storage and 100Mbps of wired ethernet connection.

• A friend asked me if there is anything he can do to revive a mini m8s II that he has. All I know so far is that it uses a s905x soc, 2gb of ram, 8gb of storage and 100Mbps of wired ethernet connection.

It should be something closer to the current state of the box, and "revive" should also be interpreted because the meaning of this word is quite context dependent.