Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• So if i try to install this image, the univesall n200 and something is going wrong, can I install again the old image to my mxiii-g tv box ?

• So if i try to install this image, the univesall n200 and something is going wrong, can I install again the old image to my mxiii-g tv box ?

This two images differ only in the wifi interface and the remote control configuration, so it will work for sure without any boot problem.

And this will definitely solve your wifi problem as well. All you have to do is set up the remote control via SSH:

Code
    cd /storage/.config/
    wget https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML/raw/master/projects/S8X2/devices/MXIII-Plus/filesystem/etc/amremote/remote.conf
    reboot

But of course by answering your question: Yes, you can restore safely to the original MXIII-G image. :)

• I would like you to attach any log file next time, e.g. dmesg | paste.

Round #2: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220503/

Maybe I have managed to solve the problem of the remote control and the tuner as well.

Previously, I thought it was also RF, like WP1 and Core, but instead it was infrared. The tuner was a bit more complicated, so I can only hope this works. Please test this new image.

Hi, IR controller is OK, tunner does not work, tvheadend not recognizing it, neither i see the libreelec drivers pack that other builds come within.

• Hi, IR controller is OK, tunner does not work, tvheadend not recognizing it, neither i see the libreelec drivers pack that other builds come within.

Please send a link from dmesg | paste. I can't help without the log.

• Hi dtech,

thank you very much for the support and sorry for my late reply.

Yesterday i was able to try it again. It was exactly the problem where you did send me the information about.

If somebody else is having the same troubles, this is the fix for it:

How to switch between multiple GCC and G++ compiler versions on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa
    In this tutorial we will install multiple versions of GCC and G++ compilers using the apt install command. Furthermore, by use of the update-alternatives tool…
    linuxconfig.org

Just install additional gcc + g++ and switch to to it. I used version 9.

Unfortunately now i am having a new problem. My box is booting with the image.

it is preparing the storage partition and rebooting fine again but then it stops at the Libreelec splash screen and not booting into Kodi.

Kodi is als not completely installed on the storage partition so i don't get any logs. If i put your original tar file into the update folder,

it is installing your system and after the reboot Kodi is starting up like it should.

How can i fix this trouble?

• Unfortunately now i am having a new problem. My box is booting with the image.

it is preparing the storage partition and rebooting fine again but then it stops at the Libreelec splash screen and not booting into Kodi.

Kodi is als not completely installed on the storage partition so i don't get any logs. If i put your original tar file into the update folder,

it is installing your system and after the reboot Kodi is starting up like it should.

How can i fix this trouble?

You will need an USB-to-TTL adapter for deeper analysis.

• Is there no other way where it is not necessary to open the box? Maybe an USB to serial converter from the USB port of the box into the serial Port of the PC?

• Is there no other way where it is not necessary to open the box? Maybe an USB to serial converter from the USB port of the box into the serial Port of the PC?

Only an Amlogic SDIO debug board would be an alternative to the physical UART port, but it also requires a TTL adapter.

wetek77

Round #3: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220504/

If the tuner doesn't work with this either, I really have no further idea without the system log.

• This two images differ only in the wifi interface and the remote control configuration, so it will work for sure without any boot problem.

And this will definitely solve your wifi problem as well. All you have to do is set up the remote control via SSH:

Code
    cd /storage/.config/
    wget https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML/raw/master/projects/S8X2/devices/MXIII-Plus/filesystem/etc/amremote/remote.conf
    reboot

But of course by answering your question: Yes, you can restore safely to the original MXIII-G image. :)

I just install the LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.3 to my mxiii-g tv box. Everything is seems working fine. I also set up the remote control. Thank you!

• Neither my friend. I wonder if it is due to crazycats tuner driver. I saw other img. that have it, but this doesn´t

It is no coincidence that it is disabled. The crazycat and dvb-latest driver packages cannot be simply enabled or disabled. To make these work with my other images (including kernels 3.10 and 3.14), I had several weeks of work involved, including testing with various external USB tuners. The WP2 internal dvb driver was not originally included in any of them.

However, I am still waiting for your system log. I want to help, but that only works if I get answers to my questions.

• Does anyone know if the black mxq supports 5ghz wifi? If not, how about the mxqpro 4k.

--edit

The reason is that the family wants to upgrade to a 5ghz modem/router.

Edited once, last by jim_p (May 15, 2022 at 8:01 AM).

• Does anyone know if the black mxq supports 5ghz wifi? If not, how about the mxqpro 4k.

Different manufacturers equipped their devices under the same name with different wifi chips, so your question cannot be answered.

But since we have discussed the wifi chips in both of them before (in this topic), I can answer directly.

Your MXQ (S805) has this:

Code: lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:0179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188ETV Wireless LAN 802.11n Network Adapter

RTL8188ETV -> The answer is that it is only capable of 2.4 GHz (802.11bgn).

Your MXQ-4K (S905) has this:

Code: lshw
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl8189es driverversion=3.14.29 firmware=N/A ip=192.168.1.136 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn

RTL8189ES -> The situation is exactly the same, the only difference is that this chip connects to SDIO instead of the internal USB line: 2.4 GHz only (802.11bgn).

So, if you are going to install a wifi router (or AP) that only works in the 5 GHz band, it will not communicate with any of them.

• Hello, very much want to get your Wetek Core build running on mine (because it has working multichannel-optical-audio).

Unfortunately I've never been able to get a working InputstreamAdaptive binary installed.

Not sure where I should be looking for this. I tried installing the one from the LibreElec repository (peak3d-2.4.8.1) but this always fails;

2022-05-15 09:30:20.786 T:2906837888 ERROR: Copy - Failed write to file /storage/.kodi/addons/temp/88ae640e-f057-493b-8ca3-d93b17e07762/inputstream.adaptive.so.2.4.8

2022-05-15 09:30:20.786 T:2906837888 ERROR: Failed to unpack archive 'special://home/addons/packages/inputstream.adaptive-2.4.8.1.zip' to '/storage/.kodi/addons/temp/88ae640e-f057-493b-8ca3-d93b17e07762'

Would gratefully accept some help!

UPDATE: Just noticed looking further up the log that another addon failed to unzip (with the same message) though the UI reported that installation had succeeded. So think perhaps something else entirely has gone wrong. Probably with my SD card creation (/storage is showing as 100% used);

/dev/mmcblk0p2 27633 26955 23 100% /storage

I'll start over.

UPDATE2: A fresh start with a new image solved all issues!

Edited 2 times, last by Ionman (May 15, 2022 at 1:37 PM).

• UPDATE2: A fresh start with a new image solved all issues!

Running out of free space can produce a variety of errors. I'm glad it's resolved. ;)

Good thing you remembered all those details, because I remembered none :P

I remember we talked about it, but due to the specific data, I also looked back in this topic.