Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I have problems with some addons like ..., ... or ... that works great in other tvbox (minix U1) using coreelec but I am searching how solve them.

Problems with pirate add-ons are not welcome in this forum - search somewhere else please.

• Hi dtech,

I've been using your build on my kI pro for a long time now and I'm very satisfied, especially since you already fixed a bug I reported (HD audio) super fast.

I have a request but I do not know if you can help. My raspberry pi supports the playback of 3D ISO in frame packing format (3D MVC) inder kodi 18.

Can you tell me if this would also be possible with my KI Pro box?

• He! just a question

I am new, and have reveived a OTT TV Box M8S+ with a sticker saying: S805 1G+8G

I tried multiple diffrent image's with the Toothpick method but after the first bootlogo (amlogic 8core, mali 450, ... M8S+) it goes to black screen and stays there..

I read some info that it possible could be a clone, but is there anyone that knows wich image could work in this one?

kind regards!

• My raspberry pi supports the playback of 3D ISO in frame packing format (3D MVC) inder kodi 18.

Can you tell me if this would also be possible with my KI Pro box?

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience in 3D formats, I can't help it on the merits due to the lack of a compatible display. :(

I am new, and have reveived a OTT TV Box M8S+ with a sticker saying: S805 1G+8G

I tried multiple diffrent image's with the Toothpick method but after the first bootlogo (amlogic 8core, mali 450, ... M8S+) it goes to black screen and stays there..

This is a "very" fake M8S+ box and I have one too. My box has this label on the back of the PCB:

This is actually a box called "M8Q" and requires the HD18Q image:

http://libreelec.dtech.hu/S805/LibreELEC-HD18Q.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz

• OSMC spent quite a bit of time fixing issues with 3D support in the Amlogic 3.14 vendor kernel but it was never quite as polished as the legacy Raspberry Pi codebase. I've no idea what state it's in with anyone else's patches and code, but I'd suggest you keep an RPi3 around for that duty when you need it.

• Hello Darth,

I have A Minix X8h Non Plus Box (S802)and your Rom Works Great For Me. I do have to mention that I use an external Usb Ethernet device for wired ethernet. I don't use wifi or have not tried the built in ethernet. Everything other than what I mentioned works. Great job and thanks.

If you have any questions I'm happy to answer. The M8S (S812) rom worked on my box but the minix specific build is better imo.

Hi,

I have a Minix X8 (Non Plus) and facing issues.

I have tried using the upgrade option from my old 8.2RC version to the version 9.2.8.3 and getting the error that hardware is not compatible.

Should I try a full reinstall.

Thanks for your help

• I have tried using the upgrade option from my old 8.2RC version to the version 9.2.8.3 and getting the error that hardware is not compatible.

The reason and the solution:

The reason for the incompatibility is that the device name is different.

You need to create an empty .nocompat file next to .tar in the update directory, and try again. ;)

But honestly, I have never tried to update a main version on a box before, so I don't know what will happen, especially with the installed add-ons. I think a new installation is better, but if you try to updade, I definitely recommend a backup.

• Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi-old
    touch /storage/.update/.nocompat
    reboot

^ after downloading the update file to /storage/.update .. this just moves the old Kodi install out of the way so that add-on issues don't cause issues as part of the update. Kodi will start in the new version with a clean environment, and then you can stop-kodi/move/restart-kodi to put back the essential bits you really need.

• Hello everyone. I have a MXIII-G with libreelec 9.2.8.3 installed. Today I try to connect my TV box with wifi by my smartphone Hotspot but unfortunately I can't see my wifi network to the connections menu. Anyone can help me ?

• Hi everyone, I came here following chewitt recomendations.

I need to know where can I download the last stable version of your build dtech that supports DVB-S tunner and works from the SD, for my Wetek Play 2. I can not see it in the s905 repository, as it only includes KI and similar receivers.

The idea is to use the wetek play 2 as a tvheadend server and use an Nvidia Shield TV as client by plex, tivimate or any other app that you recommend.

Thank you very much.

• Hi dtech,

i tried to build the system for my K1-Pro in Ubuntu 20.04 with g++ 10.3.0 and gcc 10.3.0. Unfortunately it stops with this error.

Code
    /bin/bash ./libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link /home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wstack-usage=262144 -I/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/binutils/../zlib -g -O2  -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc  -o readelf readelf.o version.o unwind-ia64.o dwarf.o elfcomm.o  ../libiberty/libiberty.a -L./../zlib -lz -ldl
    libtool: link: /home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/toolchain/bin/host-gcc -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wstack-usage=262144 -I/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/binutils/../zlib -g -O2 -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc -o readelf readelf.o version.o unwind-ia64.o dwarf.o elfcomm.o  ../libiberty/libiberty.a -L/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-linux-gnu/zlib -lz -ldl
    make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-linux-gnu/binutils'
    make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-linux-gnu/binutils'
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-linux-gnu/binutils'
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:850: all] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/viewpoint/LibreELEC-AML/build.LibreELEC-KI-Pro.arm-9.2.8.3/binutils-2.32/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
    [1;31mFAILURE: scripts/build binutils:host has failed!
    [0m

maybe you can give me some advice for how to solve it?

Best regards

Edited once, last by dtech: Please use code tags for logs and code snippets. (May 2, 2022 at 10:00 AM).

• Hello everyone. I have a MXIII-G with libreelec 9.2.8.3 installed. Today I try to connect my TV box with wifi by my smartphone Hotspot but unfortunately I can't see my wifi network to the connections menu. Anyone can help me ?

Unfortunately, there is no solution to most wifi connectivity issues, the wifi drivers integrated into the 3.10/3.14 kernel are obsolete. #500

I need to know where can I download the last stable version of your build dtech that supports DVB-S tunner and works from the SD, for my Wetek Play 2. I can not see it in the s905 repository, as it only includes KI and similar receivers.

I didn't create an image for WP2, because unfortunately I don't have such a device. I will try to create an image, but I won't be able to test it.

i tried to build the system for my K1-Pro in Ubuntu 20.04 with g++ 10.3.0 and gcc 10.3.0. Unfortunately it stops with this error.

Unfortunately, a small part of the log is missing that tells which file and which line has the problem.

• gthebest

Which image do you use on your box, the MXIII-Plus or the Universal-n200?

Code: dmesg
    [   20.491487@1] F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x16044330
    [   20.494313@1] F1 signature OK, socitype:0x1 chip:0x4330 rev:0x4 pkg:0x0

Based on your previous dmesg, you have an AP6330 wifi chip, so wifi can only work with the Universal-n200-S812_2G-AP6330 image.

Please give it a try if you are using the MXIII-Plus image now, because it is 99% that it will work afterwards.

The situation was the same here: #471, and the answer (with installing the remote control config): #472.

wetek77

Please try this snapshot image: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220502/

• Thanks, I am testing it, at the moment, IR controller does not work and i can not see the dvb tunner on the tvheandend configuration interface, is there any driver or file that i have to installa with the image?

I would like you to attach any log file next time, e.g. dmesg | paste.

Round #2: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220503/

Maybe I have managed to solve the problem of the remote control and the tuner as well.

Previously, I thought it was also RF, like WP1 and Core, but instead it was infrared. The tuner was a bit more complicated, so I can only hope this works. Please test this new image.