Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I wouldn't bother with that bug too much(tbh i downloaded only one add-on from repo and it is a skin;) - just add in first post that "users have to do a fresh install every time new build is released" and wait for LE to fix it.

• I wouldn't bother with that bug too much(tbh i downloaded only one add-on from repo and it is a skin;) - just add in first post that "users have to do a fresh install every time new build is released" and wait for LE to fix it.

This is a "catch-22" situation: If LE fix this bug, how do you install it if you don't reach the repo itself?

I'm trying to find a bridging solution...

• Okay, the manual workaround is here for the "repo bug after update":

(However, as a new installation, everything will work immediately, and there is no need for manual intervention.)

IMPORTANT!

If you installed it as an update and you have a problem installing addons, you will need to manually update the LE repository addon:

repository.libreelec.tv-9.2.1.zip

For v9.2.8.1 and earlier versions I also replaced the old repo, and the only package included is this:

After that you just need to update and point to the location of the new repo (S8X2):

Edited 4 times, last by dtech (September 14, 2021 at 12:22 PM).

• Can't access this file (repository.libreelec.tv-9.2.1.zip) on your server.

BTW That's my box mainboard in attachment - it shows tronsmart on sticker and 8gb but it is 16gb.

• Can't access this file (repository.libreelec.tv-9.2.1.zip) on your server.

Sorry, the link has been link fixed. There is no SSL certificate for this subdomain on my server, so the HTTPS is not valid in the URL.

But this stupid Crome found it funny to add that idiot s to http. No comment... :P

BTW That's my box mainboard in attachment - it shows tronsmart on sticker and 8gb but it is 16gb.

NCEFAT28-08G -> It is interesting because this is a 8GB eMMC on your PCB.

Edited once, last by dtech (September 14, 2021 at 12:28 PM).

• Sorry, the link has been link fixed. There is no SSL certificate for this subdomain on my server, so the HTTPS is not valid in the URL.

But this stupid Crome found it funny to add that idiot s to http. No comment... :P

NCEFAT28-08G -> It is interesting because this is a 8GB eMMC on your PCB.

df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs 786.4M 4.0K 786.4M 0% /dev

/dev/mmcblk0p1 511.7M 134.2M 377.6M 26% /flash

/dev/loop0 126.0M 126.0M 0 100% /

/dev/mmcblk0p2 13.9G 288.0M 13.6G 2% /storage

tmpfs 788.4M 0 788.4M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 788.4M 9.1M 779.3M 1% /run

tmpfs 788.4M 0 788.4M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 788.4M 1.4M 787.0M 0% /var

tmpfs 788.4M 0 788.4M 0% /tmp

• You are right. How to check flash size then?

Well, the easiest way to really do this is to type the ID at the top of the chip into a search engine. ^^

This really matters if you run from there. (E.g. if it is installed to the internal memory with installtointernal script.)

This is my M8S (n200C), LE runs from the internal NAND:

Code: df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs                766.4M      4.0K    766.4M   0% /dev
    /dev/system             975.9M    124.1M    835.8M  13% /flash
    /dev/loop0              122.0M    122.0M         0 100% /
    /dev/data                 5.3G      1.3G      3.9G  25% /storage
    tmpfs                   768.4M         0    768.4M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                   768.4M      9.1M    759.2M   1% /run
    tmpfs                   768.4M         0    768.4M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs                   768.4M      2.2M    766.2M   0% /var
    tmpfs                   768.4M         0    768.4M   0% /tmp
  • Well, the easiest way to really do this is to type the ID at the top of the chip into a search engine. ^^

This really matters if you run from there. (E.g. if it is installed to the internal memory with installtointernal script.)

This is my M8S (n200C), LE runs from the internal NAND:

Code: df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    devtmpfs                766.4M      4.0K    766.4M   0% /dev
    /dev/system             975.9M    124.1M    835.8M  13% /flash
    /dev/loop0              122.0M    122.0M         0 100% /
    /dev/data                 5.3G      1.3G      3.9G  25% /storage
    tmpfs                   768.4M         0    768.4M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                   768.4M      9.1M    759.2M   1% /run
    tmpfs                   768.4M         0    768.4M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs                   768.4M      2.2M    766.2M   0% /var
    tmpfs                   768.4M         0    768.4M   0% /tmp

I used Android to check it and A1 SD benchmark - 4887mb - now benchamrking it(READ:19.22MB/s WRITE:15.00MB/s but thts's internal memory but i have another 2 SD card(same size as internal) and write is ~5MB/s) .

I don't know why i was always thinking it's 16gb(went to check the box and it is 8gb);)

From nand

LibreELEC:~ # df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs 786.4M 4.0K 786.4M 0% /dev

/dev/system 1.4G 130.4M 1.3G 9% /flash

/dev/loop0 126.0M 126.0M 0 100% /

/dev/data 4.8G 313.7M 4.5G 6% /storage

tmpfs 788.4M 0 788.4M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 788.4M 8.5M 779.8M 1% /run

tmpfs 788.4M 0 788.4M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 788.4M 2.6M 785.8M 0% /var

tmpfs 788.4M 0 788.4M 0% /tmp

To my surprise this time it booted instantly from flash:)

But... there is always but when external hdd not connected - otherwise is a long boot - it didn't boot after 10min so power off. Boots nice without hdd and i can connect it and it is mounted straight away but only after boot. Size does matter - small 32gb pendrive and it boots, larg 2tb hdd and it will not boot.

Edited 4 times, last by loki7777 (September 14, 2021 at 2:01 PM).

• To my surprise this time it booted instantly from flash:)

But... there is always but when external hdd not connected - otherwise is a long boot.

Unfortunately, if a storage device is connected to an external USB (external HDD, flash drive, etc.), it would try to boot from there first.

If you need to ignore startfromext, you need to set this:

Code
    fw_setenv bootcmd run storeboot

And then reboot. If all goes well, it will no longer try to boot from an exernal device (not even an SD card).

Edited once, last by dtech (September 14, 2021 at 2:22 PM).

• Unfortunately, if a storage device is connected to an external USB (external HDD, flash drive, etc.), it would try to boot from there first.

If you need to ignore startfromext, you need to set this:

Code
    fw_setenv bootcmd run storeboot

And then reboot. If all goes well, it will no longer try to boot from an exernal device (not even an SD card).

I can try it but first how to go back to boot from external?

Ok, tried first and it is working perfect - i assume the only downside would be to try to flash it from SD card or will it work?

• I can't get ffmpeg to work with this addon, https://forum.libreelec.tv

it works on CE, Windows, Linux,

i tried https://forum.libreelec.tv
    and, https://forum.libreelec.tv

possibly the builds are incompatible with the kernel of this system

I don't know much about it, but since it works on S905 + processors
    then I have to look for some very old version of ffmpeg 

The problem is, I don’t even know if it worked with earlier versions under 3.10/3.14 kernel or not.

Unfortunately, the addon problems are in the same hat as the docker. I have neither the time nor the opportunity to investigate very much.

In the background, I'm also trying to bring back amcodec support to the Kodi Matrix version so that older devices can be used with the older kernel for at least some time. But I can't really move forward with that either.

Apparently, I was left alone for this, because the previous developers had already got out of this "suffering" since LE version 8.2 or 9.0 (kszaq, Demetris, datrh, etc.). Unfortunately, I’m starting to realize that the Amlogic v3.10/3.14 kernels are slowly no longer compatible with anything new. :(

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (September 17, 2021 at 11:39 AM).

• The problem is, I don’t even know if it worked with earlier versions under 3.10/3.14 kernel or not.

Unfortunately, the addon problems are in the same hat as the docker. I have neither the time nor the opportunity to investigate very much.

In the background, I'm also trying to bring back amcodec support to the Kodi Matrix version so that older devices can be used with the older kernel for at least some time. But I can't really move forward with that either.

Apparently, I was left alone for this, because the previous developers had already got out of this "suffering" since LE version 8.2 or 9.0 (kszaq, Demetris, datrh, etc.). Unfortunately, I’m starting to realize that the Amlogic v3.10/3.14 kernels are slowly no longer compatible with anything new. :(

Honestly if that would be slowly the end of does devices i would be still more then happy by what you achieved and what i have now installed on my box. While i was running kodi 15 for last few years i might as well run kodi 18.9 for another 3 years(as only using it for playing 1080p files and now maybe even x256 (maybe even in 4k). S

o i'm good with that. And then i will buy a newer box or something else to use LE.

THANK YOU.

• Hi, love this project. Is Tronsmart MXIII 2GB/8GB (K200) going to be supported anytime soon?

• Honestly if that would be slowly the end of does devices i would be still more then happy by what you achieved and what i have now installed on my box. While i was running kodi 15 for last few years i might as well run kodi 18.9 for another 3 years(as only using it for playing 1080p files and now maybe even x256 (maybe even in 4k). So i'm good with that. And then i will buy a newer box or something else to use LE.

THANK YOU.

No, I would like to thank you and wish you enjoyable and trouble-free use. ;)

Hi, love this project. Is Tronsmart MXIII 2GB/8GB (K200) going to be supported anytime soon?

Experience shows that the n200 image is also perfect for k200 devices. Do you know what kind of wifi chip is in your box?