Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• blackride

Now the 8723bs module will have the problem.

I need some information about the integrated adapter from an older version that was still working.

lshw -C network

I apologize for such a late answer.

And last build 9.2.8.2 (also bluetooth don't work):

Edited 3 times, last by blackride (September 1, 2021 at 5:06 PM).

• And last build 9.2.8.2 (also bluetooth don't work)

I don't know why rtl8723bs doesn't work even though it's turned back on.

Code: linux.arm.conf
    CONFIG_RTL8723BS=m

Neither the external nor the internal module works. I don't know why, but I'm going crazy about it! :cursing:

Okay, maybe we have one more option, so please send the output from these commands under the old 9.2.8.1:

Code
    cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/vendor
    cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/device

I need to know the vendor ID and the product ID of the integrated wireless/bluetooth SDIO module.

Edited once, last by dtech (September 1, 2021 at 6:03 PM).

• Okay, maybe we have one more option, so please send the output from these commands under the old 9.2.8.1:

Code
    cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/vendor
    cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/device

I need to know the vendor ID and the product ID of the integrated wireless/bluetooth SDIO module.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/vendor
    0x024c

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/device
    0xb723
  • Here are some new test images: Index of /snapshots/20210901/

Momantai: LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.2.8.2.*

SerGioTenerife: LibreELEC-X8H-Plus.arm-9.2.8.2.*

blackride: LibreELEC-MXIII-Plus.arm-9.2.8.2.*

Please test them and describe your experiences. Thank you everyone. ;)

Now its working ... running smooth until now, will keep testing, tks dtech!

===============

Sorry, I´ ve spoke too soon, here´ s whats happening:

- Every time I try to stop, it freezes... doesnt matter what I command then, just a reboot to make it alive again;
    - There´ s no sign if it is on or off - the led is dead;
    - As far as I´ ve seen, the player isn´ t as smooth as before - some image tearing during playback.

Other functionalities (as adding movies, installing FTP, and others) is working well for now.

Edited once, last by Momantai (September 3, 2021 at 2:20 AM).

• There are new snapshot images for Minix-based devices: Index of /snapshots/20210906/

- Every time I try to stop, it freezes... doesnt matter what I command then, just a reboot to make it alive again;

Okay, I replaced the platform_init script with the one I modified for M8S+.

This was preceded by quite a long experimentation, but there it finally solved the freeze on the M8S+.

Although it didn’t work on n200 (MXIII-based) devices, that’s why I didn’t apply it to anything other than M8S+ because I can’t test.

I would ask you to test it please.

There´ s no sign if it is on or off - the led is dead;

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on this. I use the datrh solution. Did it work under his image?

As far as I´ ve seen, the player isn´ t as smooth as before - some image tearing during playback.

Let's see now if the new initramfs script solved this as well. If not, I would like clarification as to which videos are not playing properly.

Edited once, last by dtech (September 7, 2021 at 9:18 AM).

• Not working

Based on the photo you sent, I would suspect the SD card in the first round.

Try rewriting the image, and if the situation doesn't change, try another SD card.

One more thing:

Be sure to use the toothpick method because aml_autoscript has changed since the previous version.

Edited once, last by dtech (September 5, 2021 at 7:21 AM).

• Based on the photo you sent, I would suspect the SD card in the first round.

Try rewriting the image, and if the situation doesn't change, try another SD card.

One more thing:

Be sure to use the toothpick method because aml_autoscript has changed since the previous version.

Thanks, I have tried both img. The 9.2.8 It works for me but fatally, it freezes everything over and over again, like an hour I was trying and nothing, it does not let me install in the internal memory by ssh.

The 9.2.8.2 it only shows an error screen and nothing else, like an hour trying and nothing ...

And of course, when doing all this the internal memory is screwed up, I don't know why. So I have returned to the 18.6 kodi img above that works fine (although only for h264 Bluray 1080p) and that I install in just 5 minutes on the internal one.

Thank you so much for everything, but it no longer proves anything, that I don't have much time.

Thanks a lot for everything.

• Thank you so much for everything, but it no longer proves anything, that I don't have much time.

Thanks a lot for everything.

I'm sorry I couldn't really help you.

The truth is, I’m also trying to provide support for devices I’ve never had at all. And since I can't test these myself that way, and I can't debug any errors myself on them, so it's really just a remote series of experiments. And if something failed, it’s actually just a waste of time for me too. Unfortunately, I never know if actually I made a mistake or the tester messed up something. That’s when I usually come with this sentence: "Are you sure you did exactly that...?" Although I may have actually screwed up something.

Unfortunately, I start to get a little tired of these. :(

--

Edit:

Which snapsot image did you test? "20210901" or "20210903"? Unfortunately, this is by no means an insignificant parameter.

For snapshots, the main version number matters much less, the build date matters first.

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (September 6, 2021 at 8:51 AM).

• I'm sorry I couldn't really help you.

The truth is, I’m also trying to provide support for devices I’ve never had at all. And since I can't test these myself that way, and I can't debug any errors myself on them, so it's really just a remote series of experiments. And if something failed, it’s actually just a waste of time for me too. Unfortunately, I never know if actually I made a mistake or the tester messed up something. That’s when I usually come with this sentence: "Are you sure you did exactly that...?" Although I may have actually screwed up something.

Unfortunately, I start to get a little tired of these. :(

I apologize. Please tell me, do you have any ideas for rtl8723?

Thank you

• I try this one "20210903"

Many thanks. ^^ and sorry for using google translator :D .

Cheers.

• Hi dtech,

your image is working great on my Mecool KII Pro - thank you very much for your work!

Would it be possible for you to compile the makemkv addon to this release.

I connected my external BDROM to the box for use it as BD Player also, but many of my original BDs

are protected.

Hi! I also have a KII Pro mecool with Soc 905D and 3.14 kernel. What device tree have you used? and did you get tvheadend to work?

• Momantai

Please test with this new image and send a feedback on whether it works or not:

Index of /snapshots/20210906/

Hi dtech , sorry for the late response. And thanks, in advance, for your time/work!

OK then, I did the tests with the new image, and the results...

- There´ s no freezing anymore. Now I can stop or change between movies, tv shows, among others during playback smoothly, without problem!

- Still some image tearing, but nothing that mess up the experience (its a miracle that this box isnt dead yet...)

- The led stays blue when turned off, and blank when in use... as I said before - it doesnt bother me either, maybe is better this way.

- I did a IP reservation into my router (media sharing purposes) to the X8, but as far as I can tell, the MAC Address is randomly generated every boot. During a research, I found this behavior is due to the network chip used in some cheap boxes (as mine, I think). Can this be fixed editing some conf file through SSH? I´ ve looked everywhere into setup... without any clues how to fix this.

- I must do some other tests with the media sharing using SMB... sometimes I tryed to copy something from my smartphone or laptop to the HDD exposed through the libreelec system, and the copy breaks up almost all the time. It works fine using FTP, but then... the IP is changing everytime :(

Besides the MAC address thing, it´ s working as expected to a old box as this one... hope it helps anyone with a Minix X8/X8H Plus.

Tks again dtech !!

• There´ s no freezing anymore. Now I can stop or change between movies, tv shows, among others during playback smoothly, without problem!

I am glad that this error has been solved. I also experimented a lot with that M8S+ before I managed to fix it.

Besides the MAC address thing, it´ s working as expected to a old box as this one... hope it helps anyone with a Minix X8/X8H Plus.

I will be making a new image soon, which will include the ethmactool package. Maybe that will solve this problem.