Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Imagine 3 excited kids (plus their friends) running around a room and something protuding out of the tvbox. I give it 1 month before they break the adapter and the usb that is plugged in :P

Rather, I would be more afraid the TV will be damaged, because that is a little more expensive than a TV box or wifi adapter.

It seems a bit of an excuse... :sleepy:

I have a suggestion to reverse the situation: put in an older router (e.g. 802.11g) in bridge mode that communicates well with the box.

Forget the WAN side, connect the network cable to one of the ports on the LAN. Turn off the DHCP server and set up the wlan interface.

Finally, connect the box to this router via WiFi. At the moment, I can't suggest a better and simpler than this solution.

I'm sure if you have a lot of USB wifi adapters, you also have a couple of old routers. 8o

• It is MY excuse :P
    These adapters are so rare nowadays that they worth their size in gold bitcoin :D So I do not want to damage any of the 3.

As for the bridging with another router in order to provide wired connection to it.

Does this mean connecting them via ethernet? I know how it is done. But of all the people that I have suggested it as a solution all those years, only one has accepted it. People do not want wires running around their homes.

But enough with the offtopic. The family has not contacted me yet, so I will repost when I have news.

• As for the bridging with another router in order to provide wired connection to it.

Does this mean connecting them via ethernet? I know how it is done.

What I suggested is an AP-bridge solution, not a client bridge, so the routers need to be connected to each other via Ethernet, not the box.

The point is that the box is connected to a separate wireless network, not to the main router's wlan.

You only need max. 1 meter of cable between the routers, so I think it will fit.

People do not want wires running around their homes.

It's easier to have the cables in the wall in advance, where you need it. But for that, I had to be put some PVC-pipes into the wall, even before painting. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (August 20, 2021 at 3:00 PM).

• Hello dtech,

I'm reporting on your newest image for Minix X8H and I have zero issues. The wifi works, Ethernet Works,Bluetooth works. Great Job and thank you.👍

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/X8-X8H-S802_2G_AP6330/

• Hola, dtech. Thanks for your work with the devices.

I have installed the image rom sd for my Minix x8h plus (s812)but he has not taken the pot from me. So it doesn't start.

I don't know why, I also tried the images para Amlogic universal n200 (S812, 2GB RAM, 10/100 Mbps LAN, AP6330 WiFi) But the wifi does not work in any way.

I also tried the img for OTT M8S+ with Amlogic S812 SoC (2G/8G):but the wifi doesn't work either. The same happened to me with the MXlll img.

What a shame, I was looking to update Kodi 18.6, in this I can only see h264 BRrips and I wanted to try another more current firmware.

• Forgive me, I had reversed the posts in two different topics ...

Tested on a box of a friend Mxq pro s905x 1/8 Gb and everything works, wi-fi, lan, etc .... Good job. thanks a lot

Edited once, last by jimjack12 (August 23, 2021 at 10:42 PM).

• Hola, dtech. Thanks for your work with the devices.

I have installed the image rom sd for my Minix x8h plus (s812)but he has not taken the pot from me. So it doesn't start.

I don't know why, I also tried the images para Amlogic universal n200 (S812, 2GB RAM, 10/100 Mbps LAN, AP6330 WiFi) But the wifi does not work in any way.

I also tried the img for OTT M8S+ with Amlogic S812 SoC (2G/8G):but the wifi doesn't work either. The same happened to me with the MXlll img.

What a shame, I was looking to update Kodi 18.6, in this I can only see h264 BRrips and I wanted to try another more current firmware.

You should first try image v9.2.8 instead of v9.2.8.1 because it was made with another kernel (kszaq-based instead of datrh-based).

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/X8-H_Plus-S812_2G-AP6335e/ARCHIVE/

If I understand correctly, the 9.0.2 image made by datrh with Kodi v18.6 works on your box. Is this correct?

• You should first try image v9.2.8 instead of v9.2.8.1 because it was made with another kernel (kszaq-based instead of datrh-based).

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/X8-H_Plus-S812_2G-AP6335e/ARCHIVE/

If I understand correctly, the 9.0.2 image made by datrh with Kodi v18.6 works on your box. Is this correct?

I just tested the image and it doesn't work either, after the Minix logo the black screen appears and that's it. Thank you anyway. ;)

• I just tested the image and it doesn't work either, after the Minix logo the black screen appears and that's it. Thank you anyway. ;)

First time you tried v9.2.8.1?

I only ask because it is based entirely on datrh's kernel, his kernel configuration and the same dtb.

I just don’t understand why it doesn’t boot on your device... (But I'm trying to solve the puzzle.)

• Hi,

I've recently installed the version for wetek core. It seems stable. Bluetooth works fine.

I've also checked netflix and amazon vod addons and they run smooth. The same for PVR.

All testing were done using a wired connection.

I'll report any issue that I'll found.

• First time you tried v9.2.8.1?

I only ask because it is based entirely on datrh's kernel, his kernel configuration and the same dtb.

I just don’t understand why it doesn’t boot on your device... (But I'm trying to solve the puzzle.)

Yes, firt time i tried 9.2.8.1

• Hi,

I've recently installed the version for wetek core. It seems stable. Bluetooth works fine.

I've also checked netflix and amazon vod addons and they run smooth. The same for PVR.

All testing were done using a wired connection.

I'll report any issue that I'll found.

Thanks for the feedback.

I also made the 4K-bugfix release (v9.2.8.1) for the WeTek Core. ;)

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

Hi dtech.

Are you can add driver for rtl8192eu in your builds?

This is wi-fi usb adapter TP-Link TL-WN821N V5. The driver is in CoreELEC 9.2.7 for Odroid C2 and it works great. But it is not present in your builds.

In CoreELEC i see the adapter:

Code
    CoreELEC:~ # lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2341:8036 Arduino SA Leonardo (CDC ACM, HID)
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2357:0107 TP-Link TL-WN821N Version 5 RTL8192EU
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
  • Are you can add driver for rtl8192eu in your builds?

My builds are already contain this driver in this package "RTL8192EU-aml".

Code: projects/MXIII-S8X2/options
      # e.g. ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS="DRIVER1 DRIVER2"
        ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS="gpu-aml RTL8192CU-aml RTL8192DU RTL8192EU-aml RTL8812AU RTL8188EU-aml mt7601u-aml"

Could you send a dmesg and an lsusb output from your MXIII-clone when the WN821N is connected during the whole boot process?

Edited once, last by dtech (August 24, 2021 at 7:43 PM).

• Мои сборки уже содержат этот драйвер в этом пакете «RTL8192EU-aml».

Code: projects/MXIII-S8X2/options
      # например, ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS = "DRIVER1 DRIVER2"
        ADDITIONAL_DRIVERS = "gpu-aml RTL8192CU-aml RTL8192DU RTL8192EU-aml RTL8812AU RTL8188EU-aml mt7601u-aml"

Не могли бы вы отправить dmesg и lsusb из вашего клона MXIII, когда WN821N подключен во время всего процесса загрузки?

Display Spoiler
    Code
    https://paste.kodi.tv/jigisisani

I can see it through lsusb but can't see it in the kodi interface.

I borrowed adapter TP-Link TL-WN821 Rev. 4 from a friend for a while. And he immediately sees all the networks in the interface of Kodi.

Edited once, last by blackride (August 25, 2021 at 7:34 AM).