Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• a. What is the resolution and cadence of the video you are trying to play and what is the currently set resolution and frequency of the device?

Note that Kodi does not change the resolution downwards, so it will play 720p video at 1080p if the currently set resolution is 1920x1080.

However, playback will be cadence correct, so the frequency will be the same.

b. Can I request a dmesg?

thank you for your quick reply

a. I set le work at 1080@50p, and then I play a 4k@24p video. On the tv, input source is 1080@24p. Odd

b. dmesg.txt

Also, I tried different img

MXIII+ no wif

H8X+ random frozen after wifi connected (ap6335?)

Edited 2 times, last by oceanzhang (July 25, 2021 at 2:29 PM).

• Under Meson8, handling UHD resolution is not really properly resolved. I'll be honest, I didn’t really struggle with 4K either.

Since HDR10 is not supported by the SoC, I didn't see the excessive sense of dealing with it.

Unfortunately, I can't suggest anything for WiFi instability.

However, it is worth noting that the M8S+ and 3rdParty images use different broadcom drivers.

Question: Would you be so kind to make a version for the Amlogic 905D with 1G ram / 8Gb eMMC too?

I didn't really plan to create more images on the 905x device branch.

The biggest problem is that Mecool's "M8S-Plus DVB" device has a WiFi chip (SCI 9082C) that was never released a driver by its manufacturer, so support for this chip is not resolved from the open souce side. :(

The other thing is the tuner, in which I’m also not sure it works perfectly.

However, you can try my image for KI-Pro from an SD card by replacing the dtb with this:

gxl_p231_1g_dvb.dtb

• Under Meson8, handling UHD resolution is not really properly resolved. I'll be honest, I didn’t really struggle with 4K either.

Since HDR10 is not supported by the SoC, I didn't see the excessive sense of dealing with it.

Unfortunately, I can't suggest anything for WiFi instability.

However, it is worth noting that the M8S+ and 3rdParty images use different broadcom drivers.

OK, I see. resolution switch maybe is not a issue. just a limit of the source ;(

But wifi stable is so important for the box, it has not a wired network.

Anyway thank you for your build, It make me boot le from the box. :thumbup:

• Hi Dtech,

Thank you for the fast reply.

I will try your build for the KI-Pro, with the correct dtb.

I don't use the wlan, so that's no problem for me.

I will let you know how it goes.

Greetings,

• Hi Dtech,

Your image for the KI-Pro works just fine!

on my M8S+DVB with 1Gb RAM.

(see picture)

All the basics work, and amremote works too.

Dvb tuner not yet tried.

However no composite output,

Add disp_cap and composite output works.

Just one problem it: it outputs a 4:3 letterbox picture

& but it should be 4:3 anamorphic (16:9) for the TV.

Do you know the place where you can set the correct aspect ratio? (4:3 or 16:9).

I have added two TV pictures, so you can see the letterboxing on the video (4:3 with black bars above and below). Basically it just outputs a regular 4:3.

Greetings.

• I'll be honest, I've never encountered a widescreen CRT television in my life. 8|

Try setting the standard mode to expert in the Kodi settings, as some new options may appear.

It is possible that this can only be solved by stretching the 16:9 aspect ratio image first vertically with Kodi and then horizontally on the TV, but this will definitely cause image distortion.

(Has there ever been a standard widescreen analog resolution?)

What resolutions did you put in the disp_cap file? Can you copy the contents of the file to a code box?

Edited 4 times, last by dtech (July 27, 2021 at 4:30 AM).

• Hi Dtech,

Cool you never seen one :) Always a first:)

Yes, there existed such a thing as analog 16:9 over here. For quite some time. It was called PAL plus.

It was used untill the end of the analog broadcast shutdown. Imagine a regular 4:3 / 576 lines picture, with a letterbox 16:9 broadcast inside it. That's what you would see on a regular 4:3 TV.

However inside the "black bars" above and below the rest of the TV lines were "hidden".(if you really cranked up the brightness you could see them)

A widescreen tv would decode those hidden lines & then give you the full resolution picture. (w/o the black bars of course).

Now in modern times, the every set top box, dvd player does this as follows: output an anamorphic 4:3 picture. (everything is stretched when in 4:3) The TV is then set to "Wide" and it will compress the 4:3 picture to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Same result, but much easier.

I have attached what's inside my display_cap file.

I did not find any other settings. Maybe there are?

I am not sure if this is a kodi setting or a libreelec setting. With the (original) Android tv, you could set the aspect ratio (4:3 / 16:9) With 16:9 it did a proper anamorpic ratio. That setting was however not in Kodi, but somewher in the Android settings.

For the video's a found a partial solution: inside a clip setting (wheel bottom right I could enable 'stretch to 16:9) No if only I could find this for the GUI...

That still wrong.

Added some screenshots to show the problem.

With the various modes you can set the TV set "in to" illustrate what happens when the ratio's are wrong...

The TV mode is displayed in green color (centered).

Greetings!

• oceanzhang

I would also like a dmesg from the datrh version.

vasonline

Unfortunately, newer LG OLED TVs no longer have any analog inputs installed, so I can't try it now.

But this weekend I will also try the CVBS output with another TV. (16:9 LCD with composite input)

• Okey, this dmesg from datrh version.dmesg.txt THX

Unfortunately, startup events are now completely missing from this log. :(

The first line is this:

Code
    [  665.570576@0] remote_send_key sleep:0

Please send one immediately after start-up, before pressing any buttons on the remote control.

• vasonline

Unfortunately, newer LG OLED TVs no longer have any analog inputs installed, so I can't try it now.

But this weekend I will also try the CVBS output with another TV. (16:9 LCD with composite input)

Hi Dtech,

Thumbs up for you!

I will try the same setup on a more recent lcd, that also has cvbs input. I think the result will be the same. But will try first.

Greetings

• Confirmed with a LCD TV using the composite input. It is the same. We have a 4:3 output on 16:9 TV.

Well, I may not have anything to suggest.

I have tried to look for this error here in the forum or on the internet only in relation to Kodi, but I did not find anything relevant. :(

Okey, Try this dmesg.txt

That's good, thank you. I noticed something...

The image for M8S+ uses a different nvram configuration (ap6335_nvram.txt) than datrh's X8-H Plus image (ap6335e_nvram.txt).

However, my X8-H Plus image statically loads "ap6335e_nvram.txt", so I don't really understand why it freezes. :/