Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• If you still have LE 8.2.3, I would need a dmesg.

Somehow I should identify the wifi because it could easily be that you have a wifi chip that is missing from the image.

Okay, I'm investigating this because I don't know which wifi/bluetooth chip is in the MK808B+ device.

Thanks for looking into this, dtech!

If you need a hint, kszaq's MXQ 8.2.3.1 build has bluetooth working for the MK808B+. See RE: [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• If you still have LE 8.2.3, I would need a dmesg.

Somehow I should identify the wifi because it could easily be that you have a wifi chip that is missing from the image.

Okay, I'm investigating this because I don't know which wifi/bluetooth chip is in the MK808B+ device.

Hi dtech - the dmesg log - Untitled in plain_text (s35bms77qe) - PasteCode.io

Please notice and remote control, because I have problem with remote too, I try to make own remote.conf but when I press a key nothing is logged with "dmesg –c"

• Thanks for looking into this, dtech!

If you need a hint, kszaq's MXQ 8.2.3.1 build has bluetooth working for the MK808B+. See RE: [8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

I made a new image that already has the correct remote control config.

I restored the original wifi/bluetooth stack so this version should be checked to see if it works:

Index of /3rdParty/S805-LE-9.2.6/MXQ-S85/

Hi dtech - the dmesg log - Untitled in plain_text (s35bms77qe) - PasteCode.io

Please notice and remote control, because I have problem with remote too, I try to make own remote.conf but when I press a key nothing is logged with "dmesg –c"

Unfortunately, dmesg doesn’t tell us anything about the wlan interface.

Please try this under LE 8.2.3:

Code
    lshw -C network

... and this:

Code
    cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/vendor
    cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/device

However, dmesg revealed the configuration of your remote control. ;)

You need this: remote.conf

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (June 1, 2021 at 10:24 AM).

• I already have a working (and configured) installation of le 9.2.6 on my (s805) mxq from your images here.

Index of /S805/

Is it worth doing a fresh install from the images you made today? I assume I can back up my current configuration and restore it when the new image is installed. I am interested to see if it solves the the wifi connection issues I have (message 74).

• I already have a working (and configured) installation of le 9.2.6 on my (s805) mxq from your images here.

Index of /S805/

Is it worth doing a fresh install from the images you made today? I assume I can back up my current configuration and restore it when the new image is installed. I am interested to see if it solves the the wifi connection issues I have (message 74).

This image is not made for the MXQ "all black" boxes (HD18Q/m201d), it is for the MXQ-S85 (which has a red "MX" stripe and a button on the top) and the MK808B+ only.

Otherwise, this image only affects Broadcom wifi/bluetooth drivers, so unfortunately this may not solve the signal strength issues with Realtek chips.

Edited 2 times, last by dtech (June 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM).

• Oh ok. I am staying at the previous image because my mxq is indeed all black.

I will try to update the Realtek WiFi drivers later, but now unfortunately I am struggling with the Widevine CDM issue.

I successfully migrated version 9.2.7 (officially released exclusively for RPi devices) to 32-bit only S8X2 devices, but for some reason it doesn't really want to work on the 64-bit S905 branch. ;(

• I tried under 8.2.3 -

LibreELEC (community): 8.2.3.1-temp_sensor_disabled (S905.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # lshw -C network

-sh: lshw: not found

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/vendor

0x024c

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/device

0xb723

• Thanks for the new MXQ-S805 build, dtech!

Unfortunately, bluetooth still doesn't work with this build on the MK808B+. Any other ideas?

Okay, I need a dmesg under 8.2.3 because now I'm not sure you have an AP6210 in your device.

And then, one more thing ...

Code

This is really true now the remote is working, thank you dtech :)

Will you make a device tree for RTL8723BS wi-fi ?

The reason for the non-working wifi is not the dtb, because this driver is basically missing from the image.

I will include it in the next release (9.2.7), but it’s a good question when I can make it, because I should solve the Widewine issue before I release it for S905.

Edit: restore previously removed wifi drivers and firmwares · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML@aeb4c61 · GitHub

Edited once, last by dtech (June 2, 2021 at 8:31 AM).

• Can I use that too on my mxqpro 4k (device tree gxb_p200_1g)?

Omg, I feel like Obelix asking for a sip of the magic potion :D

Dear Obelix,

You can use it, but the signal strength of your wifi won't get better. :D

However, if we are already here... With kszaq's 8.2.3, what was the signal strength of your wifi? Better or similarly bad?

The question also applies to the S905 and S805, of course only if you have tested with this version before. If not, consider it irrelevant.

• Okay, I need a dmesg under 8.2.3 because now I'm not sure you have an AP6210 in your device.

And then, one more thing ...

Code

dmesg - http://ix.io/3oGY

Here's what I get for the cat commands:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/vendor
    0x02d0
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/device
    0xa962

Let me know if you need anything else from me, dtech!