Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Thank you :) I will try it once I get the tvbox on my hands. However, the owner will try it himself first and may not send it to me :P

Is there a procedure that must be done so as to boot it from the sd card?

• Thank you :) I will try it once I get the tvbox on my hands. However, the owner will try it himself first and may not send it to me :P

Is there a procedure that must be done so as to boot it from the sd card?

It depends on the box, but usually the standatd toothpick method is required.

• hi dtech

I've got a F2 A95X with s905x

I tried your image for MXQ-4K but it just hangs at the A95X boot image

any ideas to get it working?

cheers

The v3.14 kernel I use does not support the second-generation Amlogic S905x SoCs (G12A), and your device has an S905X2.

I don't know how the LE11 stands in support of these SoCs, I think you can inquire here:

• Does anyone use the all black s805 mxq? I did the upgrade to 9.2.8.4 today and I could not help but notice how much time the mxq logo stays on the screen while booting up. It is shown for like 1 minute! After that, le takes less than 30 seconds to boot to kodi.

• Does anyone use the all black s805 mxq? I did the upgrade to 9.2.8.4 today and I could not help but notice how much time the mxq logo stays on the screen while booting up. It is shown for like 1 minute! After that, le takes less than 30 seconds to boot to kodi.

If you use any USB device, this can happen because it will also try to find bootable devices there, even if there is only one mouse plugged into the USB.

• Le is running from the nand.

I also learned that they occasionally use an old usb stick and that the tvbox always is connected to the power plug, so is turned on via its remote. So I asked the family to completely disconnect it from the power supply, wait a bit and then reconnect it. And it stayed on the mxq logo for less than 20 seconds.

I also noticed that, yesterday, systemd-analyze blame has kodi.service top the board with like 45-50 sec to start, way more than the wait-time-sync.service which comes second at ~10. Kodi itself though is available and operational in less time than that.

• Please try this workaround:

dtech
    September 14, 2021 at 2:14 PM
  • Hi!

Just noticed that the timezone database is out of date. The background: our city's leaders have the habit to change the timezone offset and/or the DST literally twice a year, I mean it. Don't ask me why. So, ooops, they did it again and the time displayed is wrong. Pain again

Of course it's possible to choose the suitable timezone instead of my own but it's not very sportsmanlike :)

I tried to create the latest TZ DB (2022a) and symlink to it

# /storage/.config/system.d/tz-data-latest.service

I suspected it won't work and yeap it didn't work, at least in this form. The symlink is right but the time displayed is wrong

Is there a way to force the system to use the local zoneinfo installation instead of /usr/share/zoneinfo?

• As fyi (I know not 9.x) - the nightly 10 and 11 image do have the current tz (and wireless db) packages. https://github.com/LibreELEC/Libr…ges/sysutils/tz

• mgear

Please log in to your box via SSH and try this:

REMOVED CODE

After that you need to reboot and check if there is any change.

Update: The new v9.2.8.5 image includes an updated tz package (2022a).