Odroid C2

• irusak's repo does compile, and kodi works,interface is pretty fast, only no video playback.

What settings did you use to compile? I did it and it compiled but hours later when i tried to boot off it I just get a black screen.

• What settings did you use to compile? I did it and it compiled but hours later when i tried to boot off it I just get a black screen.

Did you do the steps that I outlined in my post with the "what I did" section in it?

Did you create a 200MB or so FAT16 partition on your SD card?

Did you copy the resultant system and kernel files (from target directory) to the SD card as SYSTEM and KERNEL?

Did you copy boot.ini to the SD card?

I copied this file to the SD card: meson64_odroidc2.dtb

When I ran the sd_fuse script, I had to modify it to not do the eject command because it wasn't syncing everything to the SD card before ejecting it. I then ran a manual sync command to let it flush. That may just be a thing on my system, but it's certainly important that the sd_fuse script be allowed to get everything flushed to the SD card or u-boot isn't going to work. Do a dmesg command after running the script and make sure you didn't get a bunch of weird errors.

Edited once, last by afremont (April 2, 2016 at 4:38 PM).

• you need to do make image rather than make release to get an image :)

• I did almost the same, but used the github sources

GitHub - surkovalex/libamcodec: libamcodec

seems to play, only a bit of delay before the video starts.

Can you give a little detail on how you did it? Did you take the github source for libamcodec, overlay some part of the Libreelec github pull with and then just do another make on the whole Libreelec pull?

I'm also not understanding what Dez means about u-boot not working. The binary I downloaded seems to work fine, but I don't know about the one we can build from the source. Or do you mean that you are building a complete disk image file from just the Libreelec source pull?

• what he means is that the u-boot binary generated on lrusak's tree doesn't allow to make a bootable image

you need to get hardkernel u-boot binaries and apply the included fuse script on you sdcard to make it boot .

• Can you give a little detail on how you did it? Did you take the github source for libamcodec, overlay some part of the Libreelec github pull with and then just do another make on the whole Libreelec pull?

I'm also not understanding what Dez means about u-boot not working. The binary I downloaded seems to work fine, but I don't know about the one we can build from the source. Or do you mean that you are building a complete disk image file from just the Libreelec source pull?

I just changed the /http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/multimedia/libamcodec/package.mk file
    PKG_VERSION="master"
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/surkovalex/libamcodec/archive/$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"

and i just copy KERNEL and SYSTEM and flash the uboot hardkenel onto my sdcards

• I did almost the same, but used the github sources

GitHub - surkovalex/libamcodec: libamcodec

seems to play, only a bit of delay before the video starts.

I saw that, but tried out the amlinux link first as I thought it might have been the latest version.

I don't seem to get the delay with the amlinux version, but will still checkout the github source you tried to see if it is any different.

I haven't had time to try OverSun's version yet, but will when I get home from work this afternoon.

It is great that there have been multiple solutions from different people to fix this problem.

Hopefully there can eventually be an "official" Odroid C2 branch of LE now that this major problem has a workaround or solution.

• I saw that, but tried out the amlinux link first as I thought it might have been the latest version.

I don't seem to get the delay with the amlinux version, but will still checkout the github source you tried to see if it is any different.

I haven't had time to try OverSun's version yet, but will when I get home from work this afternoon.

It is great that there have been multiple solutions from different people to fix this problem.

Hopefully there can eventually be an "official" Odroid C2 branch of LE now that this major problem has a workaround or solution.

Oversun's version doesn't work with frame rate switching. Outside of that, everything else seems to work just fine. Test hour version when you get home to see if it works.

• what he means is that the u-boot binary generated on lrusak's tree doesn't allow to make a bootable image

you need to get hardkernel u-boot binaries and apply the included fuse script on you sdcard to make it boot .

Thanks. Yes exactly :)
    [hr]

Oversun's version doesn't work with frame rate switching. Outside of that, everything else seems to work just fine. Test hour version when you get home to see if it works.

I will.
    It is also probably worth seeing where surkovalex (Alex on amlinux) is at with sorting out some of the remaining problems like this.

Edited once, last by Dez (April 3, 2016 at 7:52 PM).

• What happens when you try pass through?

All audio has been send as LPCM to the receiver. DTS and AC3 doesn't work.
    My best guess is that the codec information isn't be send to the receiver. If the receiver doesn't know that the codec is AC3 ou DTS he won1t be able to decode.

Edited once, last by ecab21 (April 3, 2016 at 10:34 PM).

• Oversun's version doesn't work with frame rate switching. Outside of that, everything else seems to work just fine. Test hour version when you get home to see if it works.

It appeared to work fine (24Hz) on a few videos (720p) until I played a H264 1080p video.......it just killed the display and needed to reboot.

I tried it with "Adjust display refresh rate" at "On start/stop" and "Pause during refresh rate change" at 2 seconds.

Unfortunately I don't have too much content to try it with as I'm "watch once and delete" type of person.

Edit: the problem at 1080p could just be my 7 year old plasma tv throwing a spasm.

Edited once, last by Dez (April 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM).

• It appeared to work fine (24Hz) on a few videos (720p) until I played a H264 1080p video.......it just killed the display and needed to reboot.

I tried it with "Adjust display refresh rate" at "On start/stop" and "Pause during refresh rate change" at 2 seconds.

Unfortunately I don't have too much content to try it with as I'm "watch once and delete" type of person.

Edit: the problem at 1080p could just be my 7 year old plasma tv throwing a spasm.

[font="sans-serif, Arial, Open Sans, Tahoma"]I did use the files you posted on mega, unfortunately when active passthrough the sound is muted.[/font]